Johns Place / Cozy Corner

waveydavey

I went past Johns Place / Cozy Corner earlier tonight and noticed it was closed. Anybody know what's happening?

Yes. John's is sold to the Naga hotel (same people that bought Laughing Leprechaun) and cozy is closed for refurbishment. When he re-opens he will call the staff that he needs. The staff that don't get a call don't have a job.

End of an era. Where will the teachers drink now? and What about my discount card?

It really is sad news. I remember quite soon after arriving in CM, leaving Spicy (before it was called Spicy) at 7am and walking across to John's for a breakfast Sangsom before going home with one of the girls coming off shift. Many memories.

I do hope that John's place takes a turn for the better.

I stopped in for a cold one a few times. it was like buying a beer from a canteen machine. The girls never smile, the last visit I ask for beer leo 39B

they bring me beer Lao 80B <deleted> ! The ripoff continues. Happy to see them go!! CM does not need

these kind of rip off places.

I stopped in for a cold one a few times. it was like buying a beer from a canteen machine. The girls never smile...

Reminds me of home. But at least at John's the girls don't look like Bulgarian wrestlers with facial leprosy and the beer doesn't cost over 3 pounds a pint.

Edited by Loaded

I guess that mostly depends on whether it is your first stop of the night or your last

I stopped in for a cold one a few times. it was like buying a beer from a canteen machine. The girls never smile...

Reminds me of home. But at least at John's the girls don't look like Bulgarian wrestlers with facial leprosy

• 1 month later...
Let's hope that booze head's dump is replaced by an establishment that doesn't force you to walk out in the middle of traffic to get around tables, food stalls, parked cars etc.

have to agree with this. it has been much better with the place closed to walk down there