Where To Buy?

nisei23

Rather than go hunting around all the camera shops downtown I wondered if anyone knows where to buy 120 medium format film? I know they sell it in Loft at Siam Discovery but I live in Bangna and it's a long way to go just for a few rolls of film.

I have to say I thought there would have been a better response to this but maybe not maybe people are using medium format film anymore.

Anyway if anyone else is having the same problem I think I've found somewhere, I just had an email from Foto File telling me that they sell 120 medium format film at their MBK branches.

There's a good camera shop in Silom Complex (level 3 I think), next to Sala Daeng BTS that sells medium-format cameras and film. They also have a lot of interesting second-hand stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else in Bangkok. I know this is nowhere near Bangna, but it's another option if you're looking for one.

I bought my film there (silom complex)--the guy also rents cameras, i think. if it is anywhere closer, there's also a camera rental place (we're talking about rentals of heavy duty cameras like the hasselblach, lights and large tripods) on Suan Plu. i think they're all pretty much the same price, 680B for 6 rolls, 400 ISO.

----------

There's a good camera shop in Silom Complex (level 3 I think), next to Sala Daeng BTS that sells medium-format cameras and film. They also have a lot of interesting second-hand stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else in Bangkok. I know this is nowhere near Bangna, but it's another option if you're looking for one.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh well, looks like I'll have to start (request) a Medium Format section!

Is there enough interest for such a section.

Somehow I doubt it.

It would set a precedent and we would probably need sections for

Full frame dslr

Reduced frame dslr

Non dslr

etc

Or would I be the sole contributor? :o

Probably.

Or at least one of a very small group these days.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to start (request) a Medium Format section!

Or would I be the sole contributor? :o

No I would contribute as well :D and thanks to the guys who gave the info on fir the place on Silom. I heard there was somewhere on Ekamai but I'm not sure where. Maybe I'll check out this place at Silom though.

I did find somewhere in MBK that sold 120 black and white, although it was the typical situation here, I said "do you sell meduim format film?" the guy behind the counters say "no, sorry" I notice a couple of rolls of what looks like kodak 120 on the shelf behind him so I say "what is that film?" he looks and says "oh yes, sorry" so I ask "do you have any black and white?" of course he say "no,sorry" so I ask to see the kodak film, he pulls it of the shelf and show me Kodak Tmax 400, which is black and white film, I point this out to him and of course you can guess his response...

I didn't ask him whose newphew he was though :D

Thanks for coming back.

Keep in touch please with anything about MF film etc - good to exchange dealers, services and the like.

i.e. I've just had delivered a very nice lightbox from these people:-

Eitthibhatt Thitikullphaizarn (Top) ; Technical Sales

Medalight Co., Ltd.

888/57 Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Tel. 02-6516515-6 Fax. 02-6515417 Mob. 087-985-4208

I've been looking all over BKK for one.

Thanks for coming back.

Keep in touch please with anything about MF film etc - good to exchange dealers, services and the like.

i.e. I've just had delivered a very nice lightbox from these people:-

Eitthibhatt Thitikullphaizarn (Top) ; Technical Sales

Medalight Co., Ltd.

888/57 Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Tel. 02-6516515-6 Fax. 02-6515417 Mob. 087-985-4208

I've been looking all over BKK for one.

Yeah I went to the place in Silom Complex (I think it's called Foto Hobby) and they had the best selection of film I've seen in Bkk and shockingly it was refrigerated :o I've heard there's a place in Ekammai but so far I've been unable to find it. Does anyone here know where it is?

I suspect the Ekamai outlet is actually IQ lab who (as far as I know) do not stock film - excellent processing though.

If I'm wrong I apologise.

As I am too far away to "pop into" Silom complex I wonder if the next time you are there if you could establish their wiilingness to accept mail order to supply me in Hua Hin? They don't seem to have a website for me to make contact

Would appreciate any info.

Here's another link all in Thai http://www.procolorlab.com/

And a recent discussion http://www.largeformatphotography.info/for...ead.php?t=39951

Edited by The Vulcan

I suspect the Ekamai outlet is actually IQ lab who (as far as I know) do not stock film - excellent processing though.

As I am too far away to "pop into" Silom complex I wonder if the next time you are there if you could establish their wiilingness to accept mail order to supply me in Hua Hin? They don't seem to have a website for me to make contact

And a recent discussion http://www.largeformatphotography.info/for...ead.php?t=39951

Thanks for the links.

To be honest I'll settle for a place that does decent processing, the Kodak lab in Central Bangna drives me crazy. The amount of times I've gone on there and they've said either 1 hour or 3 days (depending on what I want) and every time I go back to collect my film/prints they scramble around and then say "come back 5/10/30 minute" I wouldn't mind if they this happened occasionaly but it has been every single time! Judging by some of the prints they have on their wall if I was teenage girl I wouldn't be having this problem.

I've just gone in there now for a roll of 120 that they were processing and I got the same response "come back 30 minute" What the fuc_k have they been doing for the last 3 days?!?! Apologies for the rant but these guys are starting to wear down my patience, which is usually a very difficult thing to do.

Anyway next time I go to the place in Silom I will ask if they have a mail order service and let you know either way.

Thanks for the links.

To be honest I'll settle for a place that does decent processing, the Kodak lab in Central Bangna drives me crazy. The amount of times I've gone on there and they've said either 1 hour or 3 days (depending on what I want) and every time I go back to collect my film/prints they scramble around and then say "come back 5/10/30 minute" I wouldn't mind if they this happened occasionaly but it has been every single time! Judging by some of the prints they have on their wall if I was teenage girl I wouldn't be having this problem.

I've just gone in there now for a roll of 120 that they were processing and I got the same response "come back 30 minute" What the fuc_k have they been doing for the last 3 days?!?! Apologies for the rant but these guys are starting to wear down my patience, which is usually a very difficult thing to do.

Anyway next time I go to the place in Silom I will ask if they have a mail order service and let you know either way.

2 things - first I ONLY use IQ Lab for developing - good and 1 day service and ALWAYS ready when I call back. I now use them for mail order dev. and even then only 3 days!

second - I've tracked down a number for foto hobby - they do indeed do mail order and I have 20 rolls of 120 Velvia on the way! :o

Price was 10% more than fotofile at 165 baht per roll but 'fridged and well dated to 2010 so worth it