Thailand's Born Again Confucianists (bac)

chevykanteve

Who in fact does the PAD represent? I think they represent only Thai-Chinese business people, though maybe I'm wrong. Please correct me if I am in fact incorrect and the PAD does in fact represent ethnic Thai people as a whole.

I disagree unless you mean some very large businesses. I think a few major corporations and a lady you can't talk about, probably are the main sponsors. Though their actions may ultimately benefit the country (or possibly not). I think their main objective is to get their hands on the money.

Who in fact does the PAD represent? I think they represent only Thai-Chinese business people, though maybe I'm wrong. Please correct me if I am in fact incorrect and the PAD does in fact represent ethnic Thai people as a whole.

I disagree unless you mean some very large businesses. I think a few major corporations and a lady you can't talk about, probably are the main sponsors. Though their actions may ultimately benefit the country (or possibly not). I think their main objective is to get their hands on the money.

Which corporations? And indeed, what lady are you referring to? And WHOSE money do you mean? You mean Thaksin's ???

Which corporations? And indeed, what lady are you referring to? And WHOSE money do you mean? You mean Thaksin's ???

The lady one cant refer to - isnt that clear :o:D:D

The lady one cant refer to - isnt that clear :o:D:D

Yes. Whar lady? To whom is this reference???? If anyone....

Whomsoever some of you are referring to above, as THE LADY, well... she can't be that important if you can't mention her name. And if in fact you DO know her name --but are afraid or...... whatever.... to say it-- huh... Maybe Vietnam or CHINA are more free in terms of freedom of speech? But what do I know? I'm just a forum hobo !

So an organisation that was the instrument of the overthrow of Thailands most successful Thai/Chinese businessperson/ prime minister and is trying to do the same to his (alleged) proxy government represents only Thai-chinese people ? I'll try to get my head around that one.

Whomsoever some of you are referring to above, as THE LADY, well... she can't be that important if you can't mention her name. And if in fact you DO know her name --but are afraid or...... whatever.... to say it-- huh... Maybe Vietnam or CHINA are more free in terms of freedom of speech? But what do I know? I'm just a forum hobo !

Not afraid, just keeping in mind the forum rules. TV cannot afford to be offline during the present situation as many readers are dependent upon it for important crucial information. Please keep that in mind and don't pursue this specific subject in public again. If you really want to know, PM him. Capiche?

So an organisation that was the instrument of the overthrow of Thailands most successful Thai/Chinese businessperson/ prime minister and is trying to do the same to his (alleged) proxy government represents only Thai-chinese people ? I'll try to get my head around that one.

The head of the PAD shares the same megalomaniac tendencies of his nemesis, only difference is Sonthi doesn't have his snout in the trough anymore. He uses the same ultra-Nationalistic rhetoric as the "Thais-who-love-Thais" lot, so questioning his motives is undermining the country and its institutions, blah, blah...

Another scoundrel who wraps himself and his shabby little manifesto up in the flag.

Shouldn't be that hard- one of the more popular slogans on t-shirts at the rallies up to this last one was "People of Chinese Descent Saving the Nation'.

Of course this doesn't mean that all people 'of Chinese descent' are PAD nor that the enemies of the PAD are not also Chinese. (though the demonization of their enemies would lead you to believe they are not even human, let alone of a given ethnicity).

If you have read Sondhi L's interview (search General Topics in Thaivisa forum) he alludes in no uncertain terms to his largely Chinese middle class constituency.