Thai Salads

bulldogtwo

Hi all you Thai food lovers!

I am looking for a name and recipe for a cold Thai salad. The ingredients are squid, glass? noodles, lime, onion, shrimp, lots a chili, garlic, and I am not sure what else. It's normally pretty spicey.

Any assistance in this would be great help!

Thanks much

Yam Woon Sen.

Soak your noodles in hot water till soft.

Add your squid & cooked shrimp peeled. You really need cane sugar for this one. Celery is a key ingredient. Chopped chilis, lime juice, chopped onion. Some of that Thai parsley.

Just use normal sugar if you can't get the lumps of cane sugar. Some roasted peanuts. Mix well. Adjust the taste with lime juice or vinegar.

Edited by dotcom

Yam Woon Sen.

Add your squid & cooked shrimp peeled. You really need cane sugar for this one. Celery is a key ingredient. Chopped chilis, lime juice, chopped onion. Some of that Thai parsley.

Just use normal sugar if you can't get the lumps of cane sugar. Some roasted peanuts. Mix well. Adjust the taste with lime juice or vinegar.

Pretty much covers it. You could also add some pieces of cooked pork mince.

Yam Woon Sen.

Add your squid & cooked shrimp peeled. You really need cane sugar for this one. Celery is a key ingredient. Chopped chilis, lime juice, chopped onion, fish sauce. Some of that Thai parsley.

Jockstar is right. Get a saucepan of water very hot (boiling) Throw in your glass noodles. You can cut them with scissors if desired. Toss in a handful of Moo Saap (Minced pork). Take off the heat. Cover & allow to cook.

Cook your squid & shrimp. Peel the shrimp. This maybe the first dish my wife & I ever made together. She was stoked that I knew how to cook. She had done a cooking course too.

Below see a picture of cane sugar. You would use about 1/4 of one of these. Pound it in a mortar & pestle. I found this in Carrefour - next to the produce section - are some OTOP type products. Miles away from the normal sugars.

post-8282-1220177890_thumb.jpg

Sawadee!

Dotcom and jockstar, Thanks so much, I have had the salad many times and just couldn't remember the name. We recently had it in Khao Sok NP and it was great, one of the best versions that I have had with just the right amount of spice, and I love it hot!

Dotcom, good to hear you cook, the wive's love it that we cook!

Thanks again!