Where To Buy Replacement Tyres Chiang Mai

randomchase

Hi all, noticed I need to renew two tyres on my truck.

recomendations please, I have seen seen, the horror stories befor

re some, not nice vendors. so your help would be invaluable fellow members

thanks Random

In my experience, there is nothing to worry about if you are a polite customer. All prices pretty much the same :o

I can certainly recommend the place on the left immediately before the Siam Commercial bank on the Chiang Mai-Hang dong road, as you head south out of town. Very friendly service, good prices, and a 5,000 km free balance and alignment check. I bought 4 Dunlop tyres for my Elantra (5,700 Baht) and they balanced and aligned for free. They even took the spare out of the boot, pumped it up and checked it's balance too.

Hi all, noticed I need to renew two tyres on my truck.

recomendations please, I have seen seen, the horror stories befor

re some, not nice vendors. so your help would be invaluable fellow members

thanks Random

As TieUpMyWife posted, check out the pinned msgs at the beginning of this forum.

Choose well-known brand names like Goodyear or Dunlop and specify that they tighten lug-nuts by hand so you can remove them yourself in the middle of nowhere. If they use an impact wrench on max power (like speaker volumes), you well never get them off by yourself. Been there, done that..

If you go cheap, with car/motorbike/bicycle tires, you will find that the Thai brands are a bit smaller than the rims (perhaps for ease of installation/removal?), unreliable and will constantly leak air. Cheap rubber/valves/tubes leak and are simply not worth the hassle!

Truck on...

Edited by Dustoff