Good Farming Land 30,000 Baht Per Too Much

I am talking with the wife and family about buying some more land and before anyone starts,yes I am happy to lose it if thats the case..

Anyway,the wifes family are telling me that in the area where they live that a rai of good land for farming either sugar cane or rice once a year, is now about 30,000 baht,that is walk on and grow...Generally this is with chanote as her family are well against buying land without as they believe it to be too much trouble.

Is this about the norm now in most area's ? or is 20,000 still about the mark..

I do realise that there are many considerations but a rough gauge would be helpful.

Location is north of Lopburi about 1 hour..

The banks also have good land and there selling price seems to be around 30,000 alos,so are they setting local area prices?

Nick

Edited by Nickthegreek

When in doubt, go to the land office where land is on file. The land office in Fang area is now showing what their valuation of farm land is in the area. They should have 3 or 4 value depending on where the land is located in relation to major road, minor road, or bike trail. This will give you an idea to start from, but land will probably be selling for more than their value. This is due to crop/trees on land, flooding, irrigation water,soil type, who wants it, etc.

Paved road frontage and electricity availability would make 30,000 baht per rai a HUGE bargain. Dirt road frontage and NO electricity make 30,000 baht a decent price if the land is presently growing crops.

I just recently looked at some land on a paved road (potholed to he!!, but paved at 1 time) about 40km north of Lopburi, but far, far away from any main corridor. They wanted 120k per rai, which I thought was just utterly ridiculous.

I would say that if you can get it for 30k even without road access, that's pretty much bargain basement for the area.

If you know anyone else selling about 100 rai in the area at a reasonable price, PM me.