Nokia 6210 Navigator

CDNinKS

I am looking for a new phone that is GPS capable. The 6210 seems to be the latest Nokia offering. Has anyone got one yet? There was a press release saying they will sell for Bt 13,000.

I have done a bit of research and there seems to be some conflicting reports. Some say that it is WiFi capable, others say not. What about what's included in the box....is there a car mount?

Any info/comments appreciated.

Thanks

Well I decided to take the plunge and bought one. BT 13,150 at Carrefour.

It does not come with the car mount (extra BT 2300). I have only just got into it, but so far so good. Has turn by turn GPS maps with voice and you can download maps from anywhere in the world at Nokia. The Thai maps seem pretty detailed.....

It is not WiFi capable, but the data charge by DTAC does not seem too bad and you can save a bit of that by downloading the maps with your PC and transferring to the phone.

All in all it is doing what I wanted from a unit like this.

I have a Sony Ericsson that came with GPS, Navigator, Google maps etc, I don't know what the exact charge is per minute, I'm with AIS, I really do like the real time sattelite Pics of my Location, quite amazing really, especially with the Zoom capability.

I would expect it to be better in the city, I'm in the boonies here but I can see my rooftop on my phone via sattelite.

Anyone know what the charges are per minute, I know internet is charged at 1 Baht per min, is the GPS also charged at that rate ?

I have the navigation 6110 ( the predecessor ) which I bought a year ago

I did not like the route 66 maps that came with it so I got the nokia maps from smart2go.com for the asia region - has been quite handy and I do like the phone.

I also found a program here http://www.joiku.com/index.php?action=prod...;product_id=351 , free , which san turn the navigator into a bluetooth GPS which you can then use with a notebook or PDA - but I haven't had time to ry it yet :o

also there are other softwares out there , many free , that allow you to turn your navigator into a data logger and then you can export the log to google maps/earth and see your track.

a search of this sub-forum for navigator should bring up some of the earlier threads

I noticed a 6220 classic on the Nokia site. Is it essentially a minor update to the 6210 navigator? No price listed so I presume it is not quite available.

Besides build quality, I noticed reviewers do not like the 6210/6220 because they do not have WiFi. Does WiFi let a laptop hook up to the net through the phone where the phone acts as an access point? Or is WiFi limited to only allowing the phone hook up to the net through WiFi?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the charges are per minute, I know internet is charged at 1 Baht per min, is the GPS also charged at that rate ?

Yes prices please, how much is all this GPS costing ?

Yes prices please, how much is all this GPS costing ?

GPS is free. Paid by the American tax payers a long time ago.