State Of Emergency Announced In Bangkok

george

DAAD killed by DAAD may explain the total silcence from the govt. `s part, oh the embarassment to see you`re own hired drunk thugs ending up killing one of their own..

On the other hand, I haven`t see PAD milk the issue over the dead man.

Are you watching ASTV now? Mr Firebrand here sure isn't mincing his words...

Right now he s saying how he gave 6 interviews to foreign journos today and that ALL of them knew sh!t or anything close to what is going on. I guess they all sound like the "They were democratically elected yay ay yay ya" bunch who come on here for a post or two after years of turmoil and then disappear never to be seen again.

His latest catch phrase with the stupid questions by the stupid jourmos is " Are you shitting me"? :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One minute in silence by PAD for slain DAAD member

Chamlong Srimuang, a leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, told PAD protesters to stand in silence for one minute to show respect to a government supported killed during a clash early Tuesday morning.

Chamlong told the crowd at the Government House at 9:40 pm that the PAD was sorry over the death of Narongchai Korbthaisong.

Narongchai was fatally beaten by security officers of the PAD during the clash.

Pipop Thongchai, another PAD leader, told the crowd that the people were victims of bad politicians no matter which side they belong to.

"We didn't intend to have anyone killed but the government sent men to attack us," Pipop said.

The Nation

DAAD killed by DAAD may explain the total silcence from the govt. `s part, oh the embarassment to see you`re own hired drunk thugs ending up killing one of their own..

Are you watching ASTV now? Mr Firebrand here sure isn't mincing his words...

Right now he s saying how he gave 6 interviews to foreign journos today and that ALL of them knew sh!t or anything close to what is going on. I guess they all sound like the "They were democratically elected yay ay yay ya" bunch who come on here for a post or two after years of turmoil and then disappear never to be seen again.

His latest catch phrase with the stupid questions by the stupid jourmos is " Are you shitting me"? :o

LOL.

Sondhi wasn't the one milking the last issue - it was the speaker before him. Sondhi can be a very interesting and entertaining speaker when he puts his mind to it.

So do I, I still hang on to my thoughts on this.

Mmm, my wife says he was DAAD, and he was killed by his own in the confusion. :o

The idiot on the PAD stage at the moment just started talking about how he heard that Thaksin had "ordered" people from the North and Isaan to come down to Bangkok... so Thaksin ordered them... and the result was one of them killed.

I think now it's probably safe to say that the person was most likely a DAAD/UDD supporter... and the PAD are now crowing about what happened to him.

Someone shoot this idiot.

That might be a pretty valid reason for the silence.

Going in to a battle, and surely it was no less,

plastered on free Lao Kao, carrying a machette,

and swinigng wildly surrounded by a sea of yellow

you waded into with one buddy equally plastered, oops!

caught him in the head in a follow through...

Not an improbable scenario, especially if you have ever

wandered past a Thai karioke at that 1 am.

I have seen plenty of accidental carnage when people weren't

trying to be crazy on purpose for 'a political cause'...

RIP young man you deserved better from you government...

and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

And you know this how exactly...?

yellow shirts and thats what they say, i like to try and believe what someone actually says to me. maybe they are been hijacked and sent somewhere else but its pad at the town hall and pad getting recruited here in my village.

So they tell you that they are getting paid?

yes i think i was clear enough.

:D

And I`m sure you or your Thai acquaintances have immediately contacted the proper authorities upon observing this. :o

Doubtful. They're probably all taking the free Phuket to Bangkok flights that he asserts THAI is offering to shuttle paid PAD demonstrators to the capital.

All I tried to do was some from the ground reporting so just in case you did not understand or are interested in facts here are the facts.

One, PAD are paying 500 thb per day to demonstrate in BKK and hold their id cards on arrival to make sure thet stay put.

Two, PAD are paying for some of these people to fly from Phuket,maybe thats why the flights are full and by the way that link refered to the shortage of flights to phuket not out.

Three. The quote regarding other parties paying demonstrators was from another poster, i just commented on it.

Four. They are fools to play such a game with the economy.

I am going back to hearding my real cats.Its easier than trying to just report on this

lets hope tomorrow brings clarity

I think rumours 1 and 2 have been definitively discredited. Pro-PPP media would have rushed to publicise it there was any evidence. To add personal observation, none of the many Thai protesters I know is getting paid, some of whom came from other provinces at their own expense.

rumors one and two are as i said fact FACT ok call me a liar if you want.

I beleive what you are saying about PAD paying for the demonstrators. Their have been a lot of other posts comfirming this previously on another thread.

The flights to BKK could be supported by a statement by PAD that they did not close the airport in Phuket so their people could fly to BKK.

Some people just can't handle the truth about PAD.

Just got this....

Chamlong Srimuang, a leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, told PAD protesters to stand in silence for one minute to show respect to a government supported killed during a clash early Tuesday morning.

Chamlong told the crowd at the Government House at 9:40 pm that the PAD was sorry over the death of Narongchai Korbthaisong.

Pipop Thongchai, another PAD leader, told the crowd that the people were victims of bad politicians no matter which side they belong to.

"We didn't intend to have anyone killed but the government sent men to attack us," Pipop said.

The Nation

So it looks like it was true that it was a DAAD member that was killed, and killed by PAD guards.

My wife is starting to second guess her allegiance to the PAD and so am I...my wife told me, that Sondhi told his supporters to phone the ASTV phone number and press "R" and that would make them an automatic member of ASTV and they would be deducted 200 Baht per month from their mobile phone account. Sounds like Sondhi might just be another greedy slimebag after all.

So I guess I would have to say, you guys where right and I was wrong.

I do however still support the PAD to bring down the corrupt government and Samak, because they seem to be the only ones willing to do it right now. Samak and his PPP Alliance is corrupt and needs to go. Letting them stay and change the constitution is not a good option for Thailand. Corruption must be confronted and stopped, when it is obious.

After the government falls, they can put Sondhi in jail, if they want, I don't care anymore. He is just sounding like another greedy crook now.

My wife is starting to second guess her allegiance to the PAD and so am I...my wife told me, that Sondhi told his supporters to phone the ASTV phone number and press "R" and that would make them an automatic member of ASTV and they would be deducted 200 Baht per month from their mobile phone account. Sounds like Sondhi might just be another greedy slimebag after all.

Funnily enough I caught the part about DTAC subscribers asked to press R and send it to some number - didn't know it was a subscription to ASTV.

Glad you are able to open your eyes and see that PAD is not that angelic. I don't support either side - but I do want, as I'm sure quite a lot of other people do, to see this situation end without further conflict so that the people can go back to leading their lives.

Just got this....

The Nation

So it looks like it was true that it was a DAAD member that was killed, and killed by PAD guards.

I do however still support the PAD to bring down the corrupt government and Samak, because they seem to be the only ones willing to do it right now. Samak and his PPP Alliance is corrupt and needs to go. Letting them stay and change the constitution is not a good option for Thailand. Corruption must be confronted and stopped, when it is obious.

After the government falls, they can put Sondhi in jail, if they want, I don't care anymore. He is just sounding like another greedy crook now.

Whats wrong with that? We just SMS the R.

The TV station does not run for free without commercials and 100 days just mob. That is not greed!!

Also UBC costs money, or a newspaper

From what my wife explained, calling the number and pressing R is if you want to DONATE 200 baht a month to support ASTV, in return, you get news to your phone. Only for DTAC users.

What's wrong with that?

I or my wife can walk there tomorrow and buy their entire lot of t-shirts, caps and hand clappers if we feel like making a donation, , VOLUNTARY.

It's a donation you voluntarily make with SMS news as compliment, viewers have actually requested this. Easier than handling, sending funds. Another project was in the works previously to raise money, ASTV rice but the idea was dropped, too much logistics involved, replaced by SMS news.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Just got this....

The Nation

The TV station does not run for free without commercials and 100 days just mob. That is not greed!!

I would agree, H90, but ASTV has also had their bankaccount number for people to donate on the bottom of their screen 24 hours per day, through this whole thing. I'm sure, a lot of money ended up in their pockets from people thinking that they are actually donating to the PAD. I am becoming very skeptical now, but like I said, I still support the PAD in bringing down the corrupt PPP government. The two things to me are seperate issues.

Just got this....

The Nation

I would agree, H90, but ASTV has also had their bankaccount number for people to donate on the bottom of their screen 24 hours per day, through this whole thing. I'm sure, a lot of money ended up in their pockets from people thinking that they are actually donating to the PAD. I am becoming very skeptical now, but like I said, I still support the PAD in bringing down the corrupt PPP government. The two things to me are seperate issues.

ASTV and PAD are not much separated. Also Chamlong speaks a lot about ASTV. Getting news per SMS on the phone and donating 200 Baht is not bad and no one will think that goes to PAD. Money is flowing both ways. Or do you think it would make sense if you donate to Sondhi at PAD and PAD rent air time from Sondhi-ASTV?

I really have no problem with that and it was sufficient explained (I understood it in Thai and my Thai is very limited)

From what my wife explained, calling the number and pressing R is if you want to DONATE 200 baht a month to support ASTV, in return, you get news to your phone. Only for DTAC users.

What's wrong with that?

I or my wife can walk there tomorrow and buy their entire lot of t-shirts, caps and hand clappers if we feel like making a donation, , VOLUNTARY.

It's a donation you voluntarily make with SMS news as compliment, viewers have actually requested this. Easier than handling, sending funds. Another project was in the works previously to raise money, ASTV rice but the idea was dropped, too much logistics involved, replaced by SMS news.

To me, what's wrong with this is, that I think that Sondhi might be lining his own pockets, while others are risking their lives for a good cause. He is starting to smell like an American TV Preacher to me. I hope that I am wrong with this. Believe me, I would love to be wrong, because I like what the PAD is doing and don't want to see corruption in one of it's leaders, Toni.

That is a LIE. My neighbor's cousin was there and SHE saw THaksin wading right into the thick of things (wearing full body armour of course, coward that he is) and HE was drunk as a skunk and HE had this Iraqi sword (gift from Saddam no doubt) - and he just went NUTS with that thing. Cut down his own highly paid body guard. So now you know.

Just got this....

The Nation

ASTV and PAD are not much separated. Also Chamlong speaks a lot about ASTV. Getting news per SMS on the phone and donating 200 Baht is not bad and no one will think that goes to PAD. Money is flowing both ways. Or do you think it would make sense if you donate to Sondhi at PAD and PAD rent air time from Sondhi-ASTV?

I really have no problem with that and it was sufficient explained (I understood it in Thai and my Thai is very limited)

I really do hope that you are right and I mean that.

Either way, my support for PAD to bring down this corrupt government remains strong.

The Nation

So the PAD hold one minutes silence in rememberance of someone that they publicly admit to murdering. Sick!

The whole thing is getting more ridiculous by the minute.

RIP Narongchai Korbthaisong.

Rick

For god's sake man stop taking drugs and pull yourself together. Asking for donations from the public is legal. Using political office to stuff your own pockets with cash and public assets for 'special price', and then bribing court officials after your arse has been busted is not.

What's wrong with that?

To me, what's wrong with this is, that I think that Sondhi might be lining his own pockets, while others are risking their lives for a good cause. He is starting to smell like an American TV Preacher to me. I hope that I am wrong with this. Believe me, I would love to be wrong, because I like what the PAD is doing and don't want to see corruption in one of it's leaders, Toni.

I see where you are coming from, it could make him sound like an evangelist.

I'd still press the 'R' button though, but he'd have to wait until I top my credit up. And I will do it with confidence (Although not belief) that I am doing the right thing.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Lets all wish for some boring non-eventful news when we wake up tomorrow (Asides from Samak resigining, as if.......)

What's wrong with that?

His staff voluntarily took severe paycuts to begin with, they hang on still, they'd reveal such a thing in a minute and he would be lynched on his very own stage.

Thank you ubonjoe.

lets hope someone comes up with the answer to this mess soon.

Just trying to give you a little support.

Been checking to see if anybody jumped in after my reply but nothing yet.

I think something is in the works to end it. As with any country politics are often handled in the in the backroom and nobody ever know what really went on.

The Nation

So the PAD hold one minutes silence in rememberance of someone that they publicly admit to murdering. Sick!

Rick

There is a big difference between murder and self defense. These Pro Government Thugs where armed with big machetties and all kinds of other weapons. There are enough reports to confirm that a lot of them where drunk. They broke, (or where let through) a police line and then came running and knife wielding against the PAD. Would you just stand there and take it. If you would, you are a bigger man than I am, buddy.

Lets not forget how the attack was all orchestrated by Samak and his croneys....telling police to carry only shields, to make them seem too overpowered...then sending in the drunken mob, while the police moves aside for them, without any resistence, later claiming that they couldn't stand against the oncoming mob.

Now it makes sense to me, why the government hasn't milked it for all it's worth....because it would also show that ultimately, Samak is responsible for letting it happen.

The Nation

Rick

There is a big difference between murder and self defense. These Pro Government Thugs where armed with big machetties and all kinds of other weapons. There are enough reports to confirm that a lot of them where drunk. They broke, (or where let through) a police line and then came running and knife wielding against the PAD. Would you just stand there and take it. If you would, you are a bigger man than I am, buddy.

Lets not forget how the attack was all orchestrated by Samak and his croneys....telling police to carry only shields, to make them seem too overpowered...then sending in the drunken mob, while the police moves aside for them, without any resistence, later claiming that they couldn't stand against the oncoming mob.

Now it makes sense to me, why the government hasn't milked it for all it's worth....because it would also show that ultimately, Samak is responsible for letting it happen.

Murder is illegal period! It seems to me that the PAD are 'milking it', as you say. By the way i have no preference over either party as they are all crooks, so please don't go down that road. One life lost is too many and i hope for the sake of Thailand that it is the last one, but i doubt it.

Rick

I'm off to bed pretty quick, too. I dont' think much will happen tonight. Be interesting to see what scheme Samak has dreamed up for tomorrow morning. He will probably announce his referendum scam...

1. Ask the people in a referendum if he should resign, etc.

2. Pay everyone to vote in his favor

3. If enough people are smart enough to vote against him, disolve Parlament and hold another election

4. Pay the people more to vote for him and his buddies in their new party.

That's what I would do, if I was a crook like him, anyways. He is probably floating the "resigning rumours" himself, just to get everyone to watch the news tomorrow morning and have everybodies attention, while he fills them with BS

Too much rice - Not enough Protein

what remains is the simple fact that these people from whatever party and for whatever motive

thank you for clarifying that it's undetermined whether or not it was allegedly PAD that was offering the money

and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

And you know this how exactly...?

yellow shirts and thats what they say, i like to try and believe what someone actually says to me. maybe they are been hijacked and sent somewhere else but its pad at the town hall and pad getting recruited here in my village.

So they tell you that they are getting paid?

yes i think i was clear enough.

:D

And I`m sure you or your Thai acquaintances have immediately contacted the proper authorities upon observing this. :o

Doubtful. They're probably all taking the free Phuket to Bangkok flights that he asserts THAI is offering to shuttle paid PAD demonstrators to the capital.

All I tried to do was some from the ground reporting so just in case you did not understand or are interested in facts here are the facts.

One, PAD are paying 500 thb per day to demonstrate in BKK and hold their id cards on arrival to make sure thet stay put.

Two, PAD are paying for some of these people to fly from Phuket,maybe thats why the flights are full and by the way that link refered to the shortage of flights to phuket not out.

Three. The quote regarding other parties paying demonstrators was from another poster, i just commented on it.

Four. They are fools to play such a game with the economy.

I am going back to hearding my real cats.Its easier than trying to just report on this

lets hope tomorrow brings clarity

I thought your earlier post was much clearer.

The Nation

Rick

Murder is illegal period! It seems to me that the PAD are 'milking it', as you say. By the way i have no preference over either party as they are all crooks, so please don't go down that road. One life lost is too many and i hope for the sake of Thailand that it is the last one, but i doubt it.

Rick

I really hope it's the last one, too, but that still doesn't make it murder. People have a right to defend themselves, when attacked by an angry, armed Mob.

The House spent one hour in a war of words when Democrat Party-list MP Bunyod Sukthintai called for one minute's silence in condolences for a protester who died in Tuesday's melee.

House Speaker Chai Chidchob refused, saying that if Bunyod wanted to, he could do so alone because the House had a meeting agenda to follow.

People Power Party-list MP Suthing Klangsaeng also protested, saying MPs did not need to project a good image. :D:o

His statement caused many Democrat MPs to rise in protest. They demanded that Suthing retract his statement, but he refused.

Chai cut short the arguments.

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

Just got this....

The Nation

I really do hope that you are right and I mean that.

Either way, my support for PAD to bring down this corrupt government remains strong.

I recall that Sondhi was begging several times for donations for ASTV (I recall one month ago) and that also Chamlong told several times to help ASTV, because if ASTV runs out of money that all is not possible.

ASTV was joking some when on the beginning that when there is the mob they get their salaries on the beginning of the month :o:D :D

I know that Thaksin tried hard to make them bankrupt he threaten everyone to not make any promotion on ASTV. Sometimes they could not pay the salaries 2 months.

While I got told some people made really large donations, but in case we get a good government we all get a real life again and no one will care ASTV but Sondhi still has the expenses.

I think it is not easy to make money with a Thai newschannel.