State Of Emergency Announced In Bangkok

george

and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

And you know this how exactly...?

yellow shirts and thats what they say, i like to try and believe what someone actually says to me. maybe they are been hijacked and sent somewhere else but its pad at the town hall and pad getting recruited here in my village.

So they tell you that they are getting paid?

yes i think i was clear enough.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FM plans to resign

Foreign Minister Tej Bunnag is seeking resignation from Samak Government after almost one and a half month in office, informed sources said on Wednesday.

It is still unclear why he wished to resign.

If this is true it will shake the government

I can assure that i dont support any of these idiots ,i am from england so its not my business to support ,i don"t have a vote, all i can say is that phuket is very PAD supportive and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

You maybe didn't support anybody except yourself but title others as idiots show who you are.

On the other hand it would be interesting to know how many actions are take to discredit the PAD in any possible way! And to discredit the PAD is maybe the only way left for the government site and their supporters to extend the "live" some more day's?!

All actions right know looking just that the end isn't very far!

Cheers.

I beg your parden are you calling me an idiot for not siding with PAD why should I ! I am just reporting a fact. Its obvious that PAD PPP and DAAD are very well funded and lets face it money is invested usually for a return so who's expecting it.

Yes I think they are all idiots for the damage this has and will cause the econnomy, mad as hamsters the lot of them, and sorting it out will be like hearding cats unless some order can be brought to bear very soon.

Yes you are quite right they are probably all being paid. I too know of specific cases and I'm not going to say which side/ or both sides, as someone is going to hop on and accuse me of being a traitor. But fair enough to say that both sides are paying.

It is quite strange that in all the clamour for power and control of the country, no one stops to assess whether there will be a country left at the end of all this.

Hello.

Cutting the internet, telephone, water and electricity isn't gonna "cut" it. To get ALL Thais to immediately join the protest, they have to cut the SOAP OPERAS. Shut down channels 3,7, 9 and immediately 60-odd million people will be on the streets.

Regards.....

Thanh

I think you've found the answer.

Shut off Soap Operas and instead of watching screaming & crying bimbos on TV the people will be out on the streets screaming and crying for Samak to resign. :o

I can assure that i dont support any of these idiots ,i am from england so its not my business to support ,i don"t have a vote, all i can say is that phuket is very PAD supportive and its for sure PAD that are offering cash here.

You maybe didn't support anybody except yourself but title others as idiots show who you are.

On the other hand it would be interesting to know how many actions are take to discredit the PAD in any possible way! And to discredit the PAD is maybe the only way left for the government site and their supporters to extend the "live" some more day's?!

Cheers.

I beg your parden are you calling me an idiot for not siding with PAD why should I ! I am just reporting a fact. Its obvious that PAD PPP and DAAD are very well funded and lets face it money is invested usually for a return so who's expecting it.

Yes I think they are all idiots for the damage this has and will cause the econnomy, mad as hamsters the lot of them, and sorting it out will be like hearding cats unless some order can be brought to bear very soon.

Yes you are quite right they are probably all being paid. I too know of specific cases and I'm not going to say which side/ or both sides, as someone is going to hop on and accuse me of being a traitor. But fair enough to say that both sides are paying.

It is quite strange that in all the clamour for power and control of the country, no one stops to assess whether there will be a country left at the end of all this.

Hearding cats for the 2 years me thinks

Sondhi is neither a politican nor does he want to get any job in government. Chamlong has proofed over decades that he is not corrupt.

so no evidence that they want something. While on the government side it is complete clear as they were corrupt in the past.

Sondhi doesn't want to repay his debts to Krungthai Bank.

Thaksin broke his promise to get the non-performing loans written off.

Thats the origins of their personal hatred. Not because Sondhi didn't approve of Thaksin's lifetime of dodgy dealing, nor is he is himself a fair player.

Sondhi didn't get his snout into the sleaze trough, and he didn't like being left out.

Thank you for making that clear.

While PAD hasn't been angels, and HAVE gone and disrupted instalations,

and caused minor property damage like broken windows, and some lost revenues,

they have not actively sought to give people beatings.

A HUGE difference.

Well PAD did kill a government supporter last night, the first killing so far.

Hello.

Cutting the internet, telephone, water and electricity isn't gonna "cut" it. To get ALL Thais to immediately join the protest, they have to cut the SOAP OPERAS. Shut down channels 3,7, 9 and immediately 60-odd million people will be on the streets.

Regards.....

Thanh

Might be a good idea to make sure you have enough cash.

If the electricity or the comms network goes down, and the banking system goes out, there will be no ATM's.

Quite certain it will not happen, but, better to be safe.

Dave..

The Wall Street Journal...

Democracy in Thailand Is Threatened by Protests

Authoritarian Rule Of Nation's Past Appeals to Many

By JAMES HOOKWAY September 3, 2008; Page A10

An injured pro-government supporter was beaten Tuesday by anti-government protesters during clashes outside Government House in Bangkok.

This is what New Yorkers and the rest of America/World will be reading today

5 PAD supports and one deranged Pad sentry - against one injured pro-government supporter....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

A lot of people also seem to conveniently forget that a PAD supporter was shot, without provocation, and killed by the PPP/Samak sponsored DAAD, less than 48 hours ago. The man was in his 50's. There are definitely PPP links to the DAAD. How long are you guys going to support these criminals and...most of all, WHY???

Wow you really have no idea do you. It has been repeatedly stated in the media that the decesed was killed in a very brutal manner by PAD members carrying knives and clubs.

He was known to be a government supporter,

but yes he was a peaceful man in his 50's according to the news about this (at least you got that part right).

Umm how long are you going to support these criminals (PAD) now you know the truth? And most of all why?

The only online article I can find at the moment is this from the Bangkok post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/030908_News/03Sep2008_news06.php

[i] Upon learning the UDD had marched to the PAD's protest site at the bridge, PAD core member Somsak Kosaisuk immediately ordered demonstrators to rush to the Makkhawan Rangsan site from Government House. [/i]

The PAD demonstrators, mostly young men armed with knives, wooden clubs, golf clubs and iron bars, reinforced PAD guards, numbering about 1,000, at the bridge to protect their protest site.

the UDD, which was outnumbered by the PAD, suffered casualties. A total of 43 people were hurt and one was pronounced dead on arrival in hospital from injuries to his head and face. Three of the wounded had been shot, according to the Narenthorn Emergency Response Centre. The dead man was identified as UDD member Narongsak Krobthaisong, 55.

several other reports have also identified the dead man as a 55 year old UDD supporter. He apparently could put up little resistance against the younger and heavily armed PAD members.

What is ironic, or sad, or something, is the continual chanting of PAD from the stage and ATSV and Sondhi's media empire in general, about Ahimsa (non-violence) and comparing themselves with Gandhian movements (Chamlong sees himself as Thailand's own Gandhi).

Edited by clausewitz

The Wall Street Journal...

Democracy in Thailand Is Threatened by Protests

Authoritarian Rule Of Nation's Past Appeals to Many

By JAMES HOOKWAY September 3, 2008; Page A10

An injured pro-government supporter was beaten Tuesday by anti-government protesters during clashes outside Government House in Bangkok.

This is what New Yorkers and the rest of America/World will be reading today

5 PAD supports and one deranged Pad sentry - against one injured pro-government supporter....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

Thanks for the info, very Sad, and for any posters who mention the PAD are not violent, please view the link

Hes a dead dude and nobody is really sure from what side but by us discussing it we lower ourselves to the callous Samak remark. It doesnt matter what side he was on. He is dead. RIP. Condolences to the family. Lets leave this one here in relation to the dead man.

He was a CD member.

Collateral damage.

A lot of people also seem to conveniently forget that a PAD supporter was shot, without provocation, and killed by the PPP/Samak sponsored DAAD, less than 48 hours ago. The man was in his 50's. There are definitely PPP links to the DAAD. How long are you guys going to support these criminals and...most of all, WHY???

Wow you really have no idea do you. It has been repeatedly stated in the media that the decesed was killed in a very brutal manner by PAD members carrying kives and clubs.

He was known to be a government supporter,

but yes he was a peaceful man in his 50's according to the news about this (at least you got that part right).

Umm how long are you going to support these criminals (PAD) now you know the truth? And most of all why?

A peaceful man? Ted Bundy's mother called Ted a peaceful man as well.

DAAD attacked PAD, how many of your braincells are left to process that piece of information.

Why rely on newsbits chewed and spat out by others? PAD said this, PAD plans that - look at their plans are as they themselves announce them.

Also, look at four demands put out by Sondhi - 70:30 plan is simply not there.

OK

Let's forget what PAD said.

Hold on, let's NOT FORGET what PAD said. Let's not blame them for something that isn't there.

>>>>

Oh, and three "tresspassers" at Preah Vihear were locals, had no affiliation with PAD, afaik. PAD driving there happened a few days later. No one seems to pay any attention to this matter anyway. There's a thread for that, post there.

That "no man's land" is populated by Cambodians, they even build a temple there.

3 trespassers: you bet? Let's call them.

Cambodian was in the no man's land. If it was a problem, just let's negotiate, no need to make a war for that.

Oups, I forgot, PAD strategy is NOT negotiation it's violence, violence and violence.

Cambodian was in the no man's land. If it was a problem, just let's negotiate, no need to make a war for that.

Oups, I forgot, PAD strategy is NOT negotiation it's violence, violence and violence.

Are you for real? How can you say that the PAD stands for violence.

Do you read newspapers up side down?

Democrats to end sieges at southern airports

The Democrat Party has instructed its MPs from the South to try and convince the crowds to stop laying sieges at local airports after it is evident that the protests has threatened to bring about ruins to the regional economy.

Krabi MP Arkom Engchuan said party chief adviser Chuan Leekpai urges his fellow Democrats to intervene and reason with the local chapters of the People's Alliance for Democracy to move their rally sites away from the airports.

The Democrats have no involvement in the protests but they will assist in ending the sieges at airports, Arkom says.

PADled protesters have already agreed to abandon their plans to blockade airports at Krabi and Phuket although they are still blocking the accesses to air services in Surat Thani and Hat Yai.

MP Withaya Kaewparadai voices optimism that following the Democrats' intervention, every southern airport would resume normal business within one or two days.

Withaya said he expects protesters to move their rally sites to provincial halls instead.

Credit where credit is due. I dont usually have great deal of time for the Dems but they seem to be the only people doing something constructive right now. Most MPs seem content to rouse mobs, organise attacks on opponents, come up with ridiculous ways out of the situation. It may be better if they went back to their constituencies like these guys and tried to calm things down. And I dont mean like the idiot who claimed he was visiting his constituents when leading the UDD charge.

The Dems are the longest active and continuous political party in Thailand, dating back to their 1932 leadership in abolishing absolute monarchy (and for a time, the monarchy itself). Overall, especially during the past 20 or so years, I generally like 'em.

The South of Thailand is the Dem's oldest political stronghold (Bangkok their 2nd in recent decades), so the Dems are responding to the economic shocks their constituents are suffering because of PAD actions, especially at the Phuket International Airport; also in Krabi and at the Hat Yai airport. Tourism among the Dems constituents is suffering so the Democrat party is acting, which is commendable.

That PAD is open to the Dem's proposal to shift protests and siezures to provincial, county and municipal offices also speaks somewhat to the reasonable side of PAD (certainly in the South).

But this exercise demonstrates that only certain matters are negotiable to PAD. And remember the Dems' proposals aren't a fait accomplis yet.

Edited by Publicus

Why does Samak have to know what side the guy casme from before accepting responsibility? Is he totally inhuman? And we should remember he has made a complete political career out of labelling those he disagrees with as not Thai and in several cases using it to suggest they should die or for justifying their deaths. This incident and his reaction in what he says follows this pattern., which side? and was he Thai? Very disturbing if you expect moral responsibility from a PM.

Fully agree. But, assuming the deceased has been identified correctly, it may have an influence on what Samak will say.

Then again, the Post has reported it both ways - hard to conclude that either one is correct. Has anyone read the Thai papers and can provide more info?

If the man wasn't Thai Samak bears the same responsability

If the man was Thai and PAD, Samak and PPP bear responsability

for bringing DADD / UDD in to make trouble. We know they were involved

because brainless PPP MP's were caught in the mellee on the DAAD side,

one was injured, others including senior ones were seen on the stage

inciting DAAD at the rallies.

If the man was DAAD / UDD, and Samak says he bears responsability

it is shared WITH PPP because they brought this guy in to start a fight

to cause the SoE, no other logical reason,

that DIDN'T give Samak the ABSOLUTE POWER he thought it would. OOOPS!

He refuses to take responsability for those who are not on his side.

Everyone else is a sub-person and can die if needs be to satisfy his practical ends.

This is a profoundly, morally stunted, human being to even THINK

he is in a war,and people can rightly die for disagreeing with HIM.

This is well know across the Thai society, and likely why he was picked for the job.

As the brits say Shear Bloody-Mindedness. He was picked to CAUSE this confrontation.

It was never IF this would all happen, only WHEN.

Dr, T. cares nothing for Thai people, only Thai power and cash.

Edited by animatic

Cheers.

There's a slight but very important difference between being paid TO join one side or the other and being paid SO you can join one side or the other. And I suspect that someone would have to be very hard up to enter that fray only because they were paid TO.

A point about Govt. House access in and out.

I have been hearing Samak, again with CNN, and others saying no one leaves Govt. House, no one comes in, yet, celebrities go in and out as they please and perform on stage day after day over and over (Bands, Lang Rocketstar, Ganlikan does both stages) crowd swells in evenings, thinned out in the morning only to swell again by afternoon. I even saw one of the regular PAD speakers, Dr. Puadon (yes, a real Dr.!) on the split screen last night, he had moved over to the other road stage at ASTV studios. :(

The Govt. and police are clueless and have absolutely no control over the Govt. House area.

Much the same goes for the rest of govt. activities, unless it involves personal profit and saving The Little Emperor`s fortune and freedom.

Façade, noting else.

'' Now lets get that budget approved!!! Quick! Quick! Quick! :D:o:D:D :D

Edited by Tony Clifton

Hes a dead dude and nobody is really sure from what side but by us discussing it we lower ourselves to the callous Samak remark. It doesnt matter what side he was on. He is dead. RIP. Condolences to the family. Lets leave this one here in relation to the dead man.

He was a CD member.

Collateral damage.

Gee, thank you for your deep, sincere condolences. Life is sure easy when you are a jerk with a keyboard and monitor in front of you.

Why does Samak have to know what side the guy casme from before accepting responsibility? Is he totally inhuman? And we should remember he has made a complete political career out of labelling those he disagrees with as not Thai and in several cases using it to suggest they should die or for justifying their deaths. This incident and his reaction in what he says follows this pattern., which side? and was he Thai? Very disturbing if you expect moral responsibility from a PM.

Fully agree. But, assuming the deceased has been identified correctly, it may have an influence on what Samak will say.

Then again, the Post has reported it both ways - hard to conclude that either one is correct. Has anyone read the Thai papers and can provide more info?

If the man wasn't Thai Samak bears the same responasability

If the man was Thai and PAD SAMAK and PPP bear responsability

for bringing DADD UDD in to make trouble We know they were involved

because brainless PPP MP's were caught in the mellee on the DAAD side, one was injured,

others including senior ones were seen on the stage inciting DAAD at the rallies.

If the man was DAAD UDD and Samak says he bears responasability

it is shared WITH because they brought this guy in to start a fight to cause

a SoE that DIDN'T give Samak the POWER he thought it would.

He refuses to take responsability for those who are not on his side.

Everyone else is a sub-person and can die if needs be to satisfy his practical ends.

This is a profoundly morally stunted human being to even THINK

he is in a war,and people can rightly die for disagreeing with HIM.

This is well know across the Thai society, and likely why he was picked for the job.

As the brits say Shear bloody-mindedness. He was picked to CAUSE this confrontation.

It was never IF this would all happen, only WHEN.

Dr, T. cares nothing for thai people, only Thai power and cash.

I agree with you 100 percent. The motives of the UDD had to include violence- and for a person in the government to be inciting a crowd already bent on illegal activity- let alone violence is unsupportable. While it might be hard for some of us to do- we have to respect the fact that at this point, both sides are past analyzing the moral and ethical dimensions of their actions or even the immediate let alone long term effects- to their health if nothing else- it was a sad night for the nation- and I hope like hel_l it's the last.

From The Nation:
FM plans to resign

Foreign Minister Tej Bunnag is seeking resignation from Samak Government after almost one and a half month in office, informed sources said on Wednesday.

It is still unclear why he wished to resign.

An ongoing career later?

A change of clothes, get the stink out?

Feeling less than fresh?

I'd bail if I were him.

He came to do a job and it's impossible now.

If he sticks around it would be

IMPOSSIBLE to ever do this job again.

In diplomacy credibility is EVERYTHING.

Chai considers House debate for crisis solution

House Speaker Chai Chidchob said Wednesday he was thinking about talking with all parties to call a session to map out a solution to political turbulence.

Chai said he was consulting the coalition and the opposition over another debate. Sunday's session ended in a failure.

He denied son Newin masterminded progovernment demonstrators to clash with the antigovernment faction on Tuesday, where one man was killed and others injured.

Source: The Nation - 03 September 2008

If it wasn't so sad, it'd be almost comical how the House Speaker seems to always have to qualify any statement he makes with denials about his banned son's involvement in any event of the day...

My wife says one of Thaksin`s lawyers and two PPP mps were filmed sitting at a restaurant while outside the DAAD were preparing their desperate assault.

For all of those who go on and on about how the government has been elected, can you please answer this question: If you elected a government into your own country, but once in power it tried to change the constitution to suit criminals, it made an illegal deal with a neighbouring country, it appointed known criminals to very sensitive government posts, it worked to its own monetary advantage, not to its people, would you still think that this government was legitimate? Yes, it was elected, but if they break the law shouldn't they resign pending trial? Come on. And for all of those who say TIT, well that is the whole point, Thailand no longer wants this cycle of corruption. The people want change. And PAD is not just a small group of urban elite, as you can see from its support nationwide, it is a lot larger than a few thousand people. They have crossed the line numerous times, but they have been on the most part peaceful. Let's not forget that other 'civilised' countries also have anti government protesting, riots and yes, strikes.

Yes, well said, if I may join in making the observation.

However, the place called "Thailand" is difficult to define, as are the people called the "Thai."

In particular, I think we'd agree that if the House were dissolved and yet another 'election' held, the same gang would be returned to the same place and, if necessary, by any other name.

Which would bring us full circle back to PAD and to others, such as myself, who are skeptical of PAD yet are somewhat cheering the group on.

In 2006 there was the "Gentlemen's Coup" but in 1973, 1976, 1992 pro-democracy civilians in the streets were massacred.

So, respectively, which fragment(s) of the place and the people constitute 'Thailand' and define the 'Thai" people? I'm afraid I see that the place and the people go behond schitzophrenia: we must speak societally and of the political culture of the place as having multiple personalities.

Yet I also see a long term consistency of disorder, chaos; greed in extremis. If I sound pessimistic it's because I am.