Sports Bar

tung tsz

Is it on Winichai Kun?

Turn off the Old Chiang Mai Road (Route 1211) and head towards the river?

Or do you turn left onto Na Khai?

I called in there this evening. Do not turn left.

You go down towards Pattaya Noi coming from Denha market crossroads. It's a fair way along, about 0.75 km on the left, the army camp is still to your right. You can see some a couple of tables and chairs set up outside. A cosy setup with seats inside or out, plasma TV, car parking and they sell various western fare. The bacon he gets in the best I've ever tasted in LOS. He also cooks and sells western grub, I believe he's a professional chef.

There is only one tank in Chiang Rai.

It's made i England long, long time ago.

It's a Vickers, three persons, from the early thirties.

Thailand, or should I say Siam, bought several of them in 1933 and 1935.

Not far from this English tank, about 50 or 60 meters, you find an English pub/restaurant, run by an English chef: Strikers

So go and find the tank and you will find Jason and Tik as well.

When you see the old Huey helicopters, said to be a present of the Australian taxpayers after the Vietnam war (so they are also older than even the oldest cheese you ever could imagine), you are very close.

Anyhow, if you see the tank, imagine that it would turn its canon to the 'ten minutes past twelve' position.

Follow the imaginary bullet with your eyes and you will see the little restaurant.

I guess it serves the only real English food in town and they have handy small take-away pizza's as well, though these are supposed to be Italian.

Have a nice day!

Limbo :o

PS: The Vickers 6 ton E that enabled the three persons inside to get deaf at the same time.

post-6305-1221011627_thumb.jpg