How Much Money Is Being Lost From These "protests" ?

wintermute

I'm curious and I haven't seen any reliable sources or estimates so far. They've shut down airports, disrupted rail lines, and caused incalculable damage to the image of Thailand which surely effects tourism. I've had friends and relatives call me up from the U.S. asking me if everything is OK over here. Anyone certain? I'm guessing it has to be at least over 200 million baht in damage so far. Airlines operate on a threadbare profit margin as it is.

I'm guessing it has to be at least over 200 million baht in damage so far

Far more then this !!!!!

My company alone has lost in the region of 50 Million THB

A friend that works at Marriot hotels has reported a 4.5 Million USD loss for september in cancelled bookings

And if you just add in the cancelled flights from Phuket @ 15,000 Passengers x 2500 THB = 37.5 Million THB

So just looking at this ( and only from what i know it is already ) we are already looking at the 200 Million THB mark

But i would also like to know the amount, as it will come into the Billions .......

I'm curious and I haven't seen any reliable sources or estimates so far. They've shut down airports, disrupted rail lines, and caused incalculable damage to the image of Thailand which surely effects tourism. I've had friends and relatives call me up from the U.S. asking me if everything is OK over here. Anyone certain? I'm guessing it has to be at least over 200 million baht in damage so far. Airlines operate on a threadbare profit margin as it is.

200 million baht? wow! that's like ...... 5.7 million dollars!

:o By the time all this mess is finally cleaned up, there will be BILLIONS lost, not to mention those repercussions, on down the line, it is a no win situation money wise, so very sad for Thailand, it is a country trying to go "back-wards" not "forward, so far it is seceding in doing that. :D