Potting Mix

ezzra

Hi all,

I have decided to experiment on growing some veggies on the balcony at home,

need good potting Mix and potting soil and all the other ingredients that go in to

new potting,

any contribution well be will come,

Thx,

Have you tried the local nurseries.About 20 baht a bag & you can add a little key qwai to give a little boost pending on if the plant can handle the fertilizer the key gives.

Where are the local nurseries (I'm in Bangkok). There used to be some in Ekamai; not there any more. I know about Chatuchak but is there anywhere in Sukhumvit Road. What is key qwai?

Hi, the nursery behind Big C on Ekkamai is still there. Others along On Nut also on the left hand side going from Sukhumvit towards Petchaburi.

They also sell bags and plants from the back of pick up rucks going up and down small Sois.

Also some small quantities at Miracle Mall on Sukhumvit near Sukhummvit 43.

I went to the big nursery behind/next to Big C on Ekkamai on the weekend. If you are walking/driving, it's on the soi after you pass by Big C. It's behind an Asian antique store.

They have a lot of different plants and your gardening needs from little shovels to potting mix to fully grown plants. They do have parking space available, so you don't have to worry about parking if you are driving. The worst case, you can pull your car inside the nursery, their entrance is big enough to fit your car/truck.

The owner (I think) understands and speaks a bit of English (maybe with a little help of hand gesture from you). I had no problem asking for a small shovel, potting mix, empty pots, etc. and he understood everything at once.

It was a great discovery!!!!! Thank you Mangotogo!!!