Where To Meet Single Female Expats And Cool "dudes"?

canuckdude007

Hi all,

I've recently moved to BKK (10 weeks ago), I work in the IT industry (ie, from home). For that reason I don't really have any work buddies for post-work drinks, which make it a bit harder to get into a cool nightlife routine.

That said, I'm not really into Thai girls (they are all yours!), so I wonder where is the best place to go, to meet single expats girls (i'm 26) and cool guys?

Any hot spots or especial days?I suppose that friday and saturday are the best days to go out? Remember that I'll likely be going there by myself - at least until I get drunk eh, then everyone is a friend! ;-)

Thanx

ok, londoner pub on sukhumvit soi 33, wednesday nights is teachers night, lots of expat girls and guys in there for the cheap drinks, mind you when happy hour is over they all trap.

the witches tavern on thong lo, also on a wednesday night. ladies night loads of english girls most are rotten though

the bulls head sukhumvit 33/1 thursdays accumulator night. english teachers and the likes in there trying to win a few pints

koi on sukhumvit 20 models night on thursdays i think ( could be wednesday) absolute darling birds but you better have a smart motor and a bottle of dom on your table or im afraid your out of luck

or just get down nana any night of the week and save yourself the headache my friend

Let's see, what's wrong with this picture..... A young white guy, obviously here on an expat job/wages and does not like the Thai ladies........hmmmmmmm

Perhaps you should quit your job and start teaching English and then your desire for the Thai babes will change.

....and BTW....... I am so 'cool' I piss ice cubes....

If we knew what was meant by ' cool ' guys it would be easier to answer in a helpful way. Do you mean people who smoke dope ? People who wear sunglasses in a nightclub. Guys with trendy haircuts ? Come on....help us to help you.......er dude :o

yall are obviously not cool so let me all help you out yall. You got to have some serious blow not just for you but 4 everybody.. A bottle of dom, 42 below vodka, and blue label at your table whilst being surrounded by lady boy lookalikes that arnt Lady boys and that's just on a Monday night at your regular table. being Black goes A LONG way also.

I am not cool :o

Edited by zorro1

Koh San Road is the obvious choice, but that is if you are looking for a short-term hook-up. Most of the girls (and guys) there are on vacation and not residents.

If you can put up with all the newbie questions and distorted points of views on local culture....and the backpacker philosophy and perception of Thailand go for it. Then again maybe you miss home and you want some wide hipped cow girl with hairy armpits who hasn't bathed in 3 days, braided her hair and walks around in fisherman pants and sandals in downtown Bangkok. When in Rome do as.....life will be much easier.

Since girlx mentioned ladies night there's also Coyote on Soi Convent - Wednesdays and Saturdays. Not sure if the one on Sukhumvit does the same. :o

The one on Sukhumvit has ladies' night every Thursday as far as I can recall. They have free-flow Margarita for the chicks with no dicks...

Supposedly a lot of funky dudes & groovy chicks come there on ladies' night. Well whatever, a lot of expats show up there any night of the week anyways I guess.

Out going girls.. well RCA, Q-bar, Bed supper and most of the british clubs on Sukhumvit. If you know how to Salsa, then check out Dream Hotel (though I forget which night).

For the most part I would think there are a lot of private get togethers than public outings.

There is a woman's net ball league and I THINK they have a mens part also. 90% westerners. Join that and you will meet LOADS of nice expat women and the married ones will no doubt point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just left bangkok for a few months (to indonesia, and its ramadan. I go where the fun is.) but if you're still there when I return would be a pleasure to meet up for a drink. Im 25, work in IT also. Meanwhile my suggestions are:

sukhumvit soi 11, pickled liver

silom, the duke wellington english pub

soi 4 has several pubs

suk soi 8 has another.

suk soi 5 or 7 has another.

all convivial and most folks happy if you strike up a conversation.

As for meeting white expat girls- surprisingly tricky! Cant suggest much on that front. I met a couple in soi cowboy not so long ago, who were letting their husbands (also white) play around while they sat bored outside. I figure you need to be in offices to meet these types, or going to embassy dinners perhaps! Schools of course, is another way (fellow teachers meeting teachers). I fully understand your difficulty, our chosen job makes it harder to meet people, nevermind our natural inbuilt lack of social skills due to being geeks (just admit it, acceptance is the path to recovery).

Good luck.

especially since all the farang ladies are looking for Thai men your up for a mighty challenge. snipped Best to head off to any of the islands where young topless Swedish backpackers lay on the beaches, but probably waiting for a Thai Beach Boy

Wait just remember The bed Supper Club in soi 11 has a lot of young western girls there and great place. Google it for pics

i dont know what gave you the opinion that all farang ladies are looking for beach boys. not true.

nice farangs girls just arent found in bkk...........sorry!

i find that post to be quite ridiculous.

i happen to have met a lot of western men in thailand who just arent into the thai girls for whatever reason. they have no trouble in pulling the girls when they want to.

Hi,

I was just looking through the blogs this morning and ran across yours. I'm not single and haven't got a clue where you can go to hang out and hook up with single expat females and cool dudes. However, I'm writing because I'm also Canadian and came out to Asia when I was young and single...a long time ago. Don't let these guys throw you off (people around here are usually very helpful and friendly!!!) People used to say that it must be hard to be a single expat female where every guy loves the locals. It was the opposite for me...I was never as popular as I was then. Ah! The good old days :o

By now, you've probably found some places to hang out, but if not, maybe you could put a note in BBK Magazine. Or what about hobbies? I know that there are actually Canucks playing hockey somewhere here in Bangkok. I guess I haven't helped at all...good luck in settling in.