Investment In Thailand

I have a million or so baht which I think ought to be working harder than it is. What is a good, reasonably safe investment (funds etc), what kind of return could I realistically expect and who should I go to?

All advice gratefully received.

D

Edited by DavidBrook

I have a million or so baht which I think ought to be working harder than it is. What is a good, reasonably safe investment (funds etc), what kind of return could I realistically expect and who should I go to?

All advice gratefully received.

D

How about investing in bar...seems to be a good business model in Thailand, considering the number of Farangs who have opened or want to open a beer bar... :o:D

How about investing in bar...seems to be a good business model in Thailand, considering the number of Farangs who have opened or want to open a beer bar... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I think the OP was after a bit more serious answer..

What country are you from? , as an amount of 1 million THB could be entered into a fixed 5 year Bond with around 9 % APR

How about investing in bar...seems to be a good business model in Thailand, considering the number of Farangs who have opened or want to open a beer bar... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

What country are you from? , as an amount of 1 million THB could be entered into a fixed 5 year Bond with around 9 % APR

i agree that the OP would want a serious answer and not one generated by wet dreams like 9% APR :o

i agree that the OP would want a serious answer and not one generated by wet dreams like 9% APR :o

Serious question, serious answer appreciated. I know it isnt a fortune - I already have cash tied up in real estate in BKK (big worry). I am from UK but was really looking for advice on bonds of funds in Bangkok. What I know about this is the square root of bugger all, so advice would be welcome.

Anyone in BKK getting reasonable returns on bonds/funds?

D

*won't be buying a bar...* :D

Edited by DavidBrook

Serious question, serious answer appreciated. I know it isnt a fortune - I already have cash tied up in real estate in BKK (big worry). I am from UK but was really looking for advice on bonds of funds in Bangkok. What I know about this is the square root of bugger all, so advice would be welcome.

please define "reasonable". next questions are: bonds or funds in THB? funds comprising bonds or funds comprising shares? personally i don't see any reasonable returns on any investment in Thailand :D

please define "reasonable". next questions are: bonds or funds in THB? funds comprising bonds or funds comprising shares? personally i don't see any reasonable returns on any investment in Thailand :D

Perhaps I should re-phrase.

What do you all consider to be the best risk/reward ratio investments in Thailand at the moment?

Cheers,

D

What do you all consider to be the best risk/reward ratio investments in Thailand at the moment?

if i were in your place i'd go strictly after the shopping list below. but the decision is yours.

post-35218-1220653724_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

D

Keep your one mil in cash David - in a safe, accessible form. Save your question for your second + mil.

Thats good advice. Actually it is the 2nd mil I am thinking of. Thanks for the sober advice.

D