Thai Restaurant

Ok this one will get people screaming 'you unrealistic,amatureistic,naieve(sp lol) idiot'. You'll probably be right but here goes anyways.

Ive read absolutely loads and loads of threads about starting a new business and also about buying a new business(with the aid of someone like sunbelt). But I need putting right(or maybe even agreed with..lol) on this....I can't see the reason of setting up a legit company when most of the thais wouldn't dream of doing so.For example a few years ago my GF ran her own noodle stand and paid ONLY 200 baht per month for the police to look the other way.She was then going to go another step further and rent a cheap building and just transfer to the builing her noodle business.She insists that she would only have a problem if she didnt pay the officer who would only want around 500 baht(not a problem if its more).

Now I'm not stupid enough to think that I would get away with it so easily but what is to stop me from having my GF run it all and pay the staff/chef and rent a place myself(or she can) just as she was going to do in the past(but now with some funds).

1, rent a cheap place with lots of walkers by and near other popular eating places(decorate if needed and get tables etc)

2, get a good thai chef

3, get supplies

4, pay officer

5, keep out of the way(or don't make it too obvious)

Ok im done...Give it to me