Quality Drills

ClaudeFeller

drill bits - opposed to the drill itself?

Actually ToolPro has a decent selection of bits can't remember the manufacturer but I purchased several sizes - all stainless steel - they've been used to drill all kinds of very hard wood and some metal and have kept their sharpness.

Homepro is a strange place - they have some exactly hand tools but there selection of power tool accessories is pretty dire all the stranger that they actually have decent stock of power tools! Although when I called in last week I noticed they don't stock any routers - which is a bummer as I was after a varible speed one - as my single speed is a bit hairy with large bits. Unfortunately their ain't any Chinese varible speed ones in here either :o

On a note I notice just how god dam_n expensive belt sander belts are - 35 baht for 1!!!!!! You get 3 for that price here - for 250baht last week I bought a pack of 20.

• 2 weeks later...
I look for a supplier for high quality steel drills, not the rubbish from HomePro.

Any adresses/phone numbers or website to contact?

I used to get my drill bits from Home Mart, totally useless, then I needed to drill stainless steel, the only place that I could find that sold quality drill bits was True Value.

The Drill bit I purchased was cobalt, and it went through the stainless steel like going through butter. now all my drill bits and tools come from True value.

I use the shop in Pattaya, but the have shops in other locations :o:D