Information About Parklane Jomtien

barlok1976

The official blurb reads like this:

"Park Lane Jomtien Resort is designed with four ultra-modern and separate buildings surrounding a fantastic 1,600 sqm swimming pool and a central island with a bar, restaurant and gymnasium as a focal point. The apartment buildings occupy a strategic position only a few minutes stroll to the superb Jomtien Beach and just 600 metres from the Sukhumvit Highway. Park Lane Jomtien Resort is 5 minutes away from some of the region's finest restaurants, shopping malls and the very best entertainment that Thailand has to offer".

However, its actual location will be on Soi Watboon and hardly "5 minutes away from some of the region's finest restaurants, shopping malls and the very best entertainment Thailand has to offer"! Also, the sea isn't visible from this location and note that the wording is all in the present tense whereas the land hasn't even been cleared yet.

However, its actual location will be on Soi Watboon and hardly "5 minutes away from some of the region's finest restaurants, shopping malls and the very best entertainment

Perhaps their marketing is aimed at those peopel that own their own helicopter/

Its just 600 meters from Jomtien Beach Road .I guess that that is too far though for the old fat and unfit . :o

Edited by Thaifan2

I sold a few unit here and I feel that for the money, you can get a great investment. Personally, due to the size of them, I think they are only for people who want to rent them out for short term or to use themselves for holidays. But fully furnished, with a huge pool and full facilities for around 1.5 million is hard to beat.

If you want something a bit bigger but in a good location then PM me as I have a new project in Pratumnak Hill that starts construction next month.

Cheers

HoJo

I sold a few unit here and I feel that for the money, you can get a great investment. Personally, due to the size of them, I think they are only for people who want to rent them out for short term or to use themselves for holidays. But fully furnished, with a huge pool and full facilities for around 1.5 million is hard to beat.

If you want something a bit bigger but in a good location then PM me as I have a new project in Pratumnak Hill that starts construction next month.

Cheers

HoJo

1.5m ?!? They offer 1.0 million!! But if you go to the office to negotiate: in farang-name 1.2 million.

Strange, very strange ... . So another one in 'TIT'-style.

Well, it depends on what unit you actually buy.

Units on the first floor facing away from the pool and registered in company or Thai name do start at 1 Million.

However, a higher floor with pool view and registered in the 49% premium foreign name will cost more. Anything from 1.2 up to around 2 million now.

It's supply and demand, I'm afraid.

The owners are extremely happy with the way things have gone with a huge number of sales in a very short period of time. I would guess that it is now fully funded and I'm pretty confident that constructon will go ahead as promised. They have a good reputation, having completed Hyde Park Residence and now beginning another project in Pratumnak.

• 3 weeks later...

Units on the first floor facing away from the pool and registered in company or Thai name do start at 1 Million.

However, a higher floor with pool view and registered in the 49% premium foreign name will cost more. Anything from 1.2 up to around 2 million now.

The owners are extremely happy with the way things have gone with a huge number of sales in a very short period of time. I would guess that it is now fully funded and I'm pretty confident that constructon will go ahead as promised. They have a good reputation, having completed Hyde Park Residence and now beginning another project in Pratumnak.

Hi Howard,

I live in Australia and this is my first time investing in properties in Thailand. I was adviced that I should buy the property in a company name. Can you tell me how does this differ from the 49% premium foreign ownership? Would I be running any risk buying the property through a company?

Thanks in advance.

I was quite interested and tempted by this development in the really early days.I was very tempted to buy.However the more I thought abt it the more I decided against it.The reasons being the location,plus I believe it will only be good for renting and you'll have literally hundreds of people buying to rent.I also believe this will lead to it looking and getting rather rundown quickly.Its also not good for baht bus routes which could hinder the rental side.They look very nice and I'll be interested to see the finished article.

EPG.

Peppaz,

If it's available you should buy in your name under Foreign Quota (the 49% that you hear referred to). Strictly speaking, and I'm guessing this refers to you as you live in Oz, if you set up a Thai company with nominee shareholders (the usual procedure if you ask your lawyer to take care of all aspects of the company formation) this is illegal.

It may cost you a bit more than buying in Thai quota but except for certain circumstances this is the only legal way for you to buy.

I am still amazed how many people buy something, even before the construction has started.

Especially in today's financial environment!

It is strange anyhow that as you write "I would guess that it is now fully funded and I'm pretty confident that construction will go ahead as promised.", so those guys do not have enough money or credit in their hands, as they depend on pre-construction sales income, in order to start construction.

Amazing Thailand. For myself, I would never invest into the invisible....

I was told that construction has now started, about a week ago .....

Is there any evidence on the ground of that ? I am not in Jomtien right now, and would much appreciate an updated picture evidencing the construction work ....

I was told that construction has now started, about a week ago .....

Is there any evidence on the ground of that ? I am not in Jomtien right now, and would much appreciate an updated picture evidencing the construction work ....

By your posts, the question must be asked, have you actually ever been???

• 9 months later...

Buildings 1 and 2 are now constructed and the internal fittings are being fitted. Building 3 is upto the 5th floor as I write this. No need to worry about this project being comnpleted. Anybody wants a good deal get in touch with me.