How Do I Get A Permanent Visa For Daughter?

I am planning to obtain a retirement visa to Thailand in January 2009. The problem is on how to get a permanent visa for my dependent adult daughter. She has an acquired brain injury, and is not capable of working. I am her guardian and trustee, and she has sufficient funds (paid by her trust) to live in Thailand with me, but I cannot get an answer from any Thai official in Canada on which visa I should apply for.

She would be incapable of exiting and re-entering Thailand every 60 or 90 days on her own, and I would like to know how I can get a visa for her, which is renewable on a yearly basis when I renew my retirement visa.

I would appreciate it if any TV members could give me any suggestions on who to contact.

Thank you.

I am planning to obtain a retirement visa to Thailand in January 2009. The problem is on how to get a permanent visa for my dependent adult daughter. She has an acquired brain injury, and is not capable of working. I am her guardian and trustee, and she has sufficient funds (paid by her trust) to live in Thailand with me, but I cannot get an answer from any Thai official in Canada on which visa I should apply for.

She would be incapable of exiting and re-entering Thailand every 60 or 90 days on her own, and I would like to know how I can get a visa for her, which is renewable on a yearly basis when I renew my retirement visa.

I would appreciate it if any TV members could give me any suggestions on who to contact.

Thank you.

When you get your Retirement Stay, she may be able to get the same stay as your dependant.

I have just read the rules again and it appeaes she has to be under 20 years of age. Section 7.19

Here is the official ruling from the Thai Police.

Maybe she could enrole in a special needs school or something. Have a read through the document.

Edited by Lite Beer

Thanks Lite Beer, but my daughter is 23 years of age. Is there anywhere I can get the rules ammended to fit her in under my retirement visa?

Having read the rules it does not seem likely. Like I said have a read and she might get an education stay if there is such thing as a special needs school or something.

Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

Good luck.

The rules also state that for cases not described in the order the casse can be referred to the commander of the immigration bureau for special consideration. Never heard about anyone trying this way, but might be a last option.

I think the suggestion of Lite Beer about a special needs school is your best option, if possible.

The rules also state that for cases not described in the order the casse can be referred to the commander of the immigration bureau for special consideration. Never heard about anyone trying this way, but might be a last option.

Yes. The problem is that they have to be in Thailand to get the decision.

If turned down they have a problem. A long way to come for a bit of a long shot.

I cannot think of anything else apart from the Education idea.