Nurses (romantic Involvement With)

a2396

I am curious in any Farang gents (WHO ARE LIVING in THAILAND) have had any romantic relationships with Thai nurses or student nurses. I have know one (student) for about one year and have had numerous "issues" thrown up to me regarding her being expected to be a "good girl" and the fact that if she is seen consorting with a foreigner, such may not be looked upon favorably by other Thais. Keep the nasty comments to a minimum please.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's not some taboo against farang dating Thai nurses. Some Thais merely don't like seeing a Thai girl with a foreigner. It's like when some white people don't like to see a black guy dating a white women. It's just racism and ignorance. If you like the girl, go for her. If she rebuffs you, then you lose. If she likes you, then go for it. All other issues should not concern you. If you were trying to date the girl and that was her excuse for not dating you, then from your perspective, it's her loss. Just move on as she's just coming up with excuses that might sound plausible and she has her own reservations either about you or about dating a "farang."

Just go for it

Dont worry about what other people think

When you live here and dont spend time in the seedy areas...........you will meet normal everyday girls

If they worry about being seen with a farang...........then move on

You will find that most of these worries are due to a mixture of racism and a lack of education.

There's not some taboo against farang dating Thai nurses. Some Thais merely don't like seeing a Thai girl with a foreigner. It's like when some white people don't like to see a black guy dating a white women. It's just racism and ignorance. If you like the girl, go for her. If she rebuffs you, then you lose. If she likes you, then go for it. All other issues should not concern you. If you were trying to date the girl and that was her excuse for not dating you, then from your perspective, it's her loss. Just move on as she's just coming up with excuses that might sound plausible and she has her own reservations either about you or about dating a "farang."

Thank you. I agree with your comments. My story is rather lengthy & complicated, but the bottom line with her is that 1. She would prefer a suitable Thai husband & any visable involvement with me would no doubt tarnish her chances and 2. She expects involvement with a Farang man will bring her great riches. I have explained this is not the case with me. The relationship is over because of these reasons and has been for about two months. The final air was cleared last night on the phone. Interestingly, she had no reservations about asking me for considerable sums of money or big ticket items, such as a notebook computer, when she knew the realtionship was basically over in her eyes two or three months ago.

Well, sounds like you have your answer. But yes, it's not something specific to nurses. It's true that some women are afraid of dating farang for fear will tarnish their image. I suppose it could be so among some Thais and I suppose other Thais wouldn't care. Well, just move on then. Not worth wasting any more time over. That's life, aye?

Sounds like the OP is well rid of her, whatever her vocation. I don't think that the choice of career would be of any influence, although nursing here seems to be a difficult, not very well-paid job?

There is a certain mindset here that only takes "short cuts" to try to attain goals, despite family, social, educational backgrounds, etc.

Ten-a-penny, a2396. Move on, m8.

I am curious as to what the fact that she is a nurse has to do with anything...

Most nurses here live in hospital dormitories which makes it hard to see them alone..shift work and the dorms not letting anyone in or out between 11pm-5am being a stumbling block. Also living in the same place as your bosses and having big brother keeping track of you doesn't do any favours to a love life either. I'd say those are the biggest stumbling blocks to chasing a nurse but if they were any good looking to begin with I'd say they're probably holding out to be some doctor's mia noi :o

a2396, can I ask how old you are, and how old is she ?

Not an issue that was ever mentioned by her. If it was an issue, it did not deter her involvement with me for approx one year. Obviously I am older that she is.

So you don't wanna answer that question precisely, but you are older, by how much, 3 years, 5 years, 15 years, 20 Years, 30 Years ?

I'm quite certain that it could be an issue, if not, try dating a Nurse 30 years younger than you in your own country, see how you get on, see if it's an issue.

Not an issue that was ever mentioned by her. If it was an issue, it did not deter her involvement with me for approx one year. Obviously I am older that she is.

So you don't wanna answer that question precisely, but you are older, by how much, 3 years, 5 years, 15 years, 20 Years, 30 Years ?

I'm quite certain that it could be an issue, if not, try dating a Nurse 30 years younger than you in your own country, see how you get on, see if it's an issue.

I tried dating one in my own country but was never able to get on, so it was an issue, but now I prefer local nurses, whom I am able to get on ... with on a regular basis. Obviously you are not a fan of benny hilly

The only way that would be possible is in a nursing home with the OP faking senility :o

I am curious in any Farang gents (WHO ARE LIVING in THAILAND) have had any romantic relationships with Thai nurses or student nurses. I have know one (student) for about one year and have had numerous "issues" thrown up to me regarding her being expected to be a "good girl" and the fact that if she is seen consorting with a foreigner, such may not be looked upon favorably by other Thais. Keep the nasty comments to a minimum please.

Could be a bar girl for that matter. Everyone has to do something for a living.

I wouldn't read anything into it that someone is a student, or a nurse - or anything else .................. can't see it been relivant any more so than any other occupation would be.

Was dating a maternity ward nurse some months back who works at one of the major, well-known farang hospitals in BKK. She had no problem having me come to meet her at her work/ward at the end or beginning of her shift, or introducing me with the other (all female nursing) staff she worked with.

As one poster mentioned above, the lady I was dating lived in an apartment building reserved for hospital staff, specifically on one floor reserved for female nurses where male guests were not allowed. But that never posed any problem, since we'd just come to and stay at my place instead.

The work schedules can be a bit crazy...12 hours on and sometimes overtime assignments as well. And they seem to change shifts often, meaning one day is night shift and a couple days later is day shift. So there's little consistency. But, that also means she can have whole days free or whole nights free, which can be nice.

I'm very clear she had no problem at all about dating farang. Unfortunately, she did seem to have an inordinate interest in farang's money and potential gifts. So once that became clear, we parted ways.

Was dating a maternity ward nurse some months back who works at one of the major, well-known farang hospitals in BKK. She had no problem having me come to meet her at her work/ward at the end or beginning of her shift, or introducing me with the other (all female nursing) staff she worked with.

As one poster mentioned above, the lady I was dating lived in an apartment building reserved for hospital staff, specifically on one floor reserved for female nurses where male guests were not allowed. But that never posed any problem, since we'd just come to and stay at my place instead.

The work schedules can be a bit crazy...12 hours on and sometimes overtime assignments as well. And they seem to change shifts often, meaning one day is night shift and a couple days later is day shift. So there's little consistency. But, that also means she can have whole days free or whole nights free, which can be nice.

I'm very clear she had no problem at all about dating farang. Unfortunately, she did seem to have an inordinate interest in farang's money and potential gifts. So once that became clear, we parted ways.

Maybe also depends on what kind of hospital. My nurse was at a pretty reputable government hospital so it's possible that interaction with foreigners is looked down on more there. Speaking of maternity ward nurses, she would always send me MMS of babies and never figured out why I never called her back after that!

I have a Western friend who is married to a trauma nurse. No issues. Sounds to me as if she is throwing up road blocks.

I have, however, dated women who have kept their relationship with me out of their work lives and family lives. Most women are concerned about being seen casually dating Western men – not so much dating Western men. Once the relationship is serious, low and behold, instant boyfriend, almost like the previous dating months did not exists. I was with my current GF for sometime before she told her family she was dating a Westerner.

My close older sister and we look similar, she was a nurse and now she work as an anesthetist in OR - govt hospital down south.

So its mean shes an officer (my family-relatives always have the wrong idea about officer work and should find same work relate partner like doctor or nurse but have to be richer !)

There are rarely foreigner but she knows many foreigner friends of mine which she always have in mind that she dont really like to have farang's bf , except hes rich. She always tells me if I would have a bf, I should find rich guy and dont even mention about LOVE and HAPPINESS.

I dont know how rich mean for her and as i have bf now but she disagree cuz he isnt rich as her goal.

I think she just dont meet mr. right guy yet other wise she will change her mind.

BTW why im talking behind her ? :D:D:o

hehehe just sharing about nurses many of them are fuzzy about relationship and stay single for the rest of their lives. :D

I mean just to give some idea of having a nurse gf that many of them have the same goal.

My GF is a Nurse, sometimes she's a Japanese Schoolgirl, sometimes she's a Policewoman, sometimes she's a Scuba Diver.

Depends what I want her to dress up as. :D

:o:D:D

Try the french maid, all it takes is a tiny apron (the tinnier the better).

...throw a pound of rice grains on the floor and let her pick them up without bending her knees :D

hehehe just sharing about nurses many of them are fuzzy about relationship and stay single for the rest of their lives. :o

My GF's cousin is a Nurse in Bangkok, 29 Years old, never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, white skin, cute, but just don't have time for romance, a nurse has to work long hours.

hehehe just sharing about nurses many of them are fuzzy about relationship and stay single for the rest of their lives. :o

My GF's cousin is a Nurse in Bangkok, 29 Years old, never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, white skin, cute, but just don't have time for romance, a nurse has to work long hours.

That too I agree work and sleep that how they are. But my sis she work 5 days a week have weekend off and other vacation and she always traveling with the same group. well i also know many of her friends and 80% of them still single hehehe anyone interest plz contact me oops !!!

many of her friends and 80% of them still single hehehe anyone interest plz contact me oops !!!

Yep, many Nurses just don't have time for boyfriends.

And they have time for girlfriends ? hehehe

Okay pm sent with my number. No block call please. :o