Eighty Year Old Englishman Apparently Drugged And

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: September 8th 2008

80 Year old English Man apparently drugged and robbed at South Pattaya Coffee Shop.

On Sunday Night, Police were called to the Starbucks Coffee Shop in front of Soi Yamato on Pattaya Beach to investigate a suspected drugging and robbery of an 80 Year Old English Tourist.

Mr. Wescott was in a dazed state when Police arrived and he was unable to speak with officers. He was taken to Hospital as a precaution. Staff at the Coffee Shop explained that he had come with a Thai Woman who left him moments after the man fell asleep at the table.

Staff assumed that she had gone to buy something for the man. However, she never returned and after 30 minutes, they called the Police who went to the man’s hotel room and noticed only 200 Baht in cash next to the bed and evidence that love making had occurred. Police are in possession of CCTV pictures of the woman and are now waiting for Mr. Wescott to recover before they continue the investigation.

Somethings don't compute.

The BiB found "only" 200 Baht next to the bed. How much money were they expecting to find?

Surely if the woman intended to drug and rob him she'd wait in the room until he was asleep and then take the money. I can't see her going to Starbucks (obviously the guy has no class) and rummaging through his pockets in full view of staff and customers. Alternatively if she had drugged him and lifted the loot up in his room she'd hardly hang around with him for a post coital coffee.

He was sleepy and unable to speak to officers and that was enough for the erudite reporters of Pattaya One News to conclude he had been drugged and robbed.

I wonder if the "drugs" were of the little blue diamond variety? :o

Oh well given the terrier like investigative journalism of the Pattaya press I guess this will be the last we hear of the case.