Megabreak Or Megarude

pachooon

.... termination bonus,....

:o Blimey, sounds like they were glad to see the back of you :D:D

Not exactly. It was part of my contract, 2 1/2 months salary for the first five years and 1 months salary for each year more than 5.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly. It was part of my contract, 2 1/2 months salary for the first five years and 1 months salary for each year more than 5.

So it was more like an incentive to make you stay. Wish I'd had that - but my company was bought by British Telecom not long before I left (one of the reasons I quit). Once BT took over, all admin and financial matters took months instead of days to get done. But that's BT I'm afraid.

termination bonus

Doesn't sound right, to me. Is it actually a 'termination payment' ?

In Thailand, once a worker has completed 90 ninety days, bosses are required to give an extra payment for termination without cause... Lay-off, or just want to get rid of you.... Of course, you must be paid on the spot all money due to you if you are terminated. If you quit, there is no such obligation to pay you off immediately when you walk out the door...

Sounds to me like you got fired if you got all your money when you 'left' your job...

First of all I like to congratulate Megabreak on the great new pool hall in Soi Diana Inn that many of us been missing here in Pattaya, it’s sad that the same can’t be said about their new American manager… We are six to seven expats that used to play about three times a week for a few hours each time until last Sunday (21/9) when we where rudely asked to leave and look for another pool bar after we politely requested that they change the music to something more mainstream than loud hard core jazz that apparently was the managers favorite music, this was after over one hour of the same type of heavy jazz and the third night of trying to play pool that week, the only way I can describe it is that I ask my grandma to listen to Metallica three times a week and try to enjoy it. I like to think that we are a very easy going gang of guys that all been living in Pattaya for a lot longer than the new manager and we don’t mind a few songs of jazz but not for hours on end. I don’t know if anyone agree with my view but I was pissed of enough to write my first letter of this kind after I was asked to leave and I will be happily telling all my Pattaya friends about my experience at Megabreak or should that be Megarude?

Had a similar problem..used to eat at LEK hotel ,dinner. The bartender played thai love songs which he obviously thought wonderful.[90%ex pat crowd].unfortunately the speakers are above the dining tables...I asked the manager to turn down.no response. I also asked the owner....din turned up...I no longer eat there...18 months ago.

Edited by p414

termination bonus

Doesn't sound right, to me. Is it actually a 'termination payment' ?

In Thailand, once a worker has completed 90 ninety days, bosses are required to give an extra payment for termination without cause... Lay-off, or just want to get rid of you.... Of course, you must be paid on the spot all money due to you if you are terminated. If you quit, there is no such obligation to pay you off immediately when you walk out the door...

Sounds to me like you got fired if you got all your money when you 'left' your job...

contract reads:

"..... with bonus paid upon termination calculated at ...."

My friend's gf just started there and learned that she does not get a day off for the first 30 days.

My gf and I just drove by there, 10:00pm on a Wednesday night, and while Royal Garden is packed - like I have never seen it before, she said that it looked to be doing very poorly versus how it was doing before she left.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Naah.. it's a good place.. ok music.. nice ladies.. AND a nice manager that

treats his customers free drinks.

And.. I have to ask.. what kind of lamer bitches about music after one (1) hour

of pool , to the extent the manager gets pissed.. and then comes to write about

it on thaivisa.com the day after?

C'mon.. get a life.. how many times haven't we had ourselves to blame for shit

that happeneds. And if it wasn't our blame.. who the f*** cares?

Get on with it. If I want to get involved in meaningless babble i'll move back

to Europe. Here I wanna enjoy life.