Common The World Over

TRIPxCORE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh  yes there is.........

Just a really, really, really....................little bit

You're probably thinking about the bottom of the ocean at a beach on Phuket. I'm talking about the bottom of the bottom of the ocean. Down there you will not find a photon.....not even a quark or gluon of sunlight....none....zip....nada.....

You're probably thinking about the bottom of the ocean at a beach on Phuket. I'm talking about the bottom of the bottom of the ocean. Down there you will not find a photon.....not even a quark or gluon of sunlight....none....zip....nada.....

Neutrinos from the Sun pass through all matter and travel through the Earth unhindered at the speed of light and therefore have no problem travelling down to the bottom of the Marianas Trench (the Pacific Ocean's lowest point). Only absolutely pure water deep underground can be used to detect their presence.

Ok have a think about this.

Can light pass through water?................Yes

Therfore no matter how deep the water is a minute fraction of light will pass through, its just so small, you cant detect it.

Which is why now one knows its there :D

Apart from me :o

This question. What does it mean? :o

A phyisical thing?

An emotional thing?

A spiritual thing?

There are hundreds of things we all need in common, from the sun to procreation. Can't just say one thing. It's a multi answer question. Can't put one at the top of the list because we need more than one thing.

There you go.... :D

Well I could could say my reply reads the same using either 'need' or 'have on this occasion.

Well pointed out though, keep it up.

:o

Hmmmm.... not sure on this one?

I 'need' a million dollars, but I don't 'have' a million dollars. :D

I was just keeping it in the paramaters of my statement making sense.

Look, listen mate, can we just drop this ey?

:D

Neutrinos from the Sun pass through all matter and travel through the Earth unhindered at the speed of light and therefore have no problem travelling down to the bottom of the Marianas Trench (the Pacific Ocean's lowest point). Only absolutely pure water deep underground can be used to detect their presence.

I think jackr is on to the REAL answer....neutrinos. Thanks to jackr I went out and read the presentation speech for the 1988 Nobel Prize in Physics. Some guy (I forgot his name) did some stuff with neutrinos and now he's a Noble....Sir something or other. Anyway they say that every square centimeter on earth has billions (with a 'B' ) of neutrinos passing through it every second!! and it would take a wall of solid iron as thick as from the earth to the sun to stop less than 0.001% of them! But, Randomchances, neutrinos are not sunlight...maybe that's where you're confused. Many people confuse neutrinos for sunlight. Just the other day my wife said, "I sure wish the clouds would go away so the neutrinos would dry our rice." But she only has 6 years of Thai education so I didnt laugh at her or anything. I just said, "Yes , dear. Please bring me my tea."

Well I could could say my reply reads the same using either 'need' or 'have on this occasion.

Well pointed out though, keep it up.

Hmmmm.... not sure on this one?

I 'need' a million dollars, but I don't 'have' a million dollars. :D

I was just keeping it in the paramaters of my statement making sense.

Look, listen mate, can we just drop this ey?

Oh... I read there, "Well pointed out though, keep it up."

Course we can drop it.

Dropped. :D

Dropped... :o:D

I think jackr is on to the REAL answer....neutrinos. Thanks to jackr I went out and read the presentation speech for the 1988 Nobel Prize in Physics. Some guy (I forgot his name) did some stuff with neutrinos and now he's a Noble....Sir something or other. Anyway they say that every square centimeter on earth has billions (with a 'B' ) of neutrinos passing through it every second!! and it would take a wall of solid iron as thick as from the earth to the sun to stop less than 0.001% of them! But, Randomchances, neutrinos are not sunlight...maybe that's where you're confused. Many people confuse neutrinos for sunlight. Just the other day my wife said, "I sure wish the clouds would go away so the neutrinos would dry our rice." But she only has 6 years of Thai education so I didnt laugh at her or anything. I just said, "Yes , dear. Please bring me my tea."

No light down the bottom of the oceans for sure. That's not the point and the creatures down there certainly don't need it. As cold as it is down there, without the sun to warm up the surface (and after the earths core cools) it'd be approximately 3 degrees C above absolute zero...bit chilly really. The Sun has to be the winner of this list because it provides life, first and foremost. :o