One Night In Phuket!

flightcrew1

Hi from Bangkok!

Been to Phuket many times but will be down this Saturday for one evening with a couple of friends from Europe. Staying in Patong at the Burasari where I've stayed before.

Would love a great restaurant with a view on the water where we can have a good meal and good drinks before heading out into Patong for some nightlife. Restaurant does not have to be Patong but would be ideal if it is close.

Thanks all!

Thanks Donna -

You assisted during my New Year's last year and came through again! Joe's Downstairs looks great - so that will be the place. Wish I had more time to try some of the other places, but as I'm back and forth a few times a year from BKK, I'm sure I will.

On the Rocks restaurant at Marina Cottage at the southern end of Karon Beach.

wasn't that impressed with the food there but more importantly its hot as hel_l. the layout of the place means it doesn't get any breeze even though its right next to the sea, which is a shame as its a lovely setting. the place next door at the karon beach resort is just as nice and directly faces the sea so u get a nice breeze.

another suggestion is BYD Lofts. they are located directly in front of Andaman Beach Suites and in front of jungle boys i think (sorry if i got the name wrong).

really nice place. they have good wine, a nice setting, and the music is usually good. they sometimes have a party night i think (unless that stopped after i left). they had a really good chef before, but i think he may have left. knowing the management though, they would have replaced him with a good one if that is the case.

Hi from Bangkok!

Been to Phuket many times but will be down this Saturday for one evening with a couple of friends from Europe. Staying in Patong at the Burasari where I've stayed before.

Would love a great restaurant with a view on the water where we can have a good meal and good drinks before heading out into Patong for some nightlife. Restaurant does not have to be Patong but would be ideal if it is close.

Thanks all!

3 places come to mind:

Amari (as mentioned earlier), Da Mauruzio and best of all Boat House.

another suggestion is BYD Lofts. they are located directly in front of Andaman Beach Suites and in front of jungle boys i think (sorry if i got the name wrong).

BYD lofts are located in the Aroonsam Plaza across from the Amanta House.

9th floor is another location that is top notch. A little pricey, but worth it. 9th floor is located West of Aroonsam plaza. You will see the sign. Steaks, seafood, Italian. Good wine list etc...

P.S. Breakfast by the Amanta House is great if you select the croissant breakfast sandwich. :o

Without a doubt the best place on the island for authentic Thai seafood and all thai dishes is Kan Eang 1 or 2 down in Chalong. All seafood is fresh and the prices are 50% what you would pay in Patong or anywhere else. Both are rihgt on the water

Of course if u want to eat in a farang owned and run restaurant try the Baan Rim Pa and listen to Tommy on the piano

I've always found the seafood at Kan Eang 1 not fresh. Fish with brown coloured gills.

Kan Eang 2 is much better as is Chalong Seafood and Danang, all very close to each other.

Best value for money is Par-Lai seafood on the road that goes to the Phuket Zoo. All these restaurants are by the sea.

Edited by Sir Burr