Sport/street Bike Clubs In Thailand?

CroBiker

This is what really put me off the whole 'biker club' scene when I was knocking about HH. The local harley chapter were a bit too exclusive and elitist if you didn't 'do the harley thing' and were very much expats in the golden cage so to speak. It wasn't hostile, but it wasn't friendly in the slightest.

So I prefer the solo thing most of the time, you are your own man and can do you own thing. :o

The club concept is good for safety in numbers and gathering intel and bike assistance. But for organised rides it seems too 'static' and structured.

Yes, the politics is another kettle of fish, something I've found everywhere there are farang in large numbers.

I had a "second hand" taste of that recently. I was going to go on a ride with a local MC, 'till I found out how they operate. The guys I normally ride with are pretty loose about things. We meet here, and when ready, we ride to there. Who rides next to who, who leads, who plays "tail-end charlie" fluctuates constantly during the ride.

This other MC works differently though (apparently). You are told where you will ride and are expected to stay there through-out. If you aren't "known" (friends with the club president), you get relegated to the rear. Disagree and you'll end up in an argument.

Even the guys I've been riding with (on occasion) have their political problems (and they are 95% Thai). Some want to break off and form a new club that is more concerned with just getting together for rides, than worrying about who's bar will be the "club house" or how long someone has to be a "friend" before being allowed to join the MC. (At least they aren't concerned about having to have a Harley to be a member. Half the members ride non-Harleys).