100 Baht To Get Into Full Moon Party

I went to fmp last night on the speedboat from samui and got charged 100B at a barrier just up from the pier.

in the past they have not enforced this i just normally walk straight through but this time was stopped by a big thai guy and told i must pay. when i asked at the desk why they are charging to get into a free party they told me it was pay for cleaning the beach. Are they charging anywhere else as you head to the party?

Anybody know what really happens to the money? Scam?

It is some month already that the Haad Rin boss charge 100 baht entrance fee, only for people coming from samui. All the other entrance to Haad Rin are free.

Don't ask me where the money go. I only know that in an average FMP about 2/3000 people come from Samui by boats and speedboats. That's good money....

It is some month already that the Haad Rin boss charge 100 baht entrance fee, only for people coming from samui. All the other entrance to Haad Rin are free.

Don't ask me where the money go. I only know that in an average FMP about 2/3000 people come from Samui by boats and speedboats. That's good money....

I'd charge 1.000 baht...Samui will be much quieter, KPN will be a real paradise...

They should do the FMP on mainland, very easy access from Surath Thani. :o

the money is for cleaning up the beach. and if any one has seen hadrin beach in the morning after a full moon they know what this about.

this initiative came through a few months ago when the Ta Saban and the poo yai of the village could not afford to remove the trash anymore..

they decided that as the people arriving from samui are not staying in KPG but only coming for the party then they should assist in the payment of the clean up.

i don't think they are giving all the money collected back to the clean up and back to the community :o

I heard it, FMP, was more quiet than usual...? Sure, yu should go there four o'clock so u can save that 100baht while downing 5 liters of beer... and getting robbed once being hammered..heheh

No, for real. Look for an other entry. Or say that my boat is out there. Or that I paid to an other guy already. Or you're the DJ in... bar. Or...

I heard it, FMP, was more quiet than usual...? Sure, yu should go there four o'clock so u can save that 100baht while downing 5 liters of beer... and getting robbed once being hammered..heheh

No, for real. Look for an other entry. Or say that my boat is out there. Or that I paid to an other guy already. Or you're the DJ in... bar. Or...

Or, say you a pikey that cant afford 1 pound 50p .......

I was a little surprised at the cheek of this tourist tax when I got off the speedboat. To be honest 100 B isn't much considering how disgraceful the beach looks after. I didn't mind paying it but now with hindsight would look to arrive earlier or go by another route! Hedonists aren't hippies but hippies can be hedonists.