Unlimited Gprs

joonasdf

Hello, I've been in Thailand for two weeks now and I'm getting tired of this limited online possibilities. Not that there wasn't Internet shop around every corner, but it just sucks to not to hang around and chat with your friends as much as you want.

I'm touring around before I can find that spot to call home. Then I could get an ADSL. I'm on non-immigrant O visa here.

How can I open an AIS/DTAC unlimited GPRS account? If I can't do it myself, because I'm not local, who could help me and for what price?

Please help me to make my first trip to Thailand a more enjoyable one!

Thanks!

- Joonas

A letter from the Immigration Department, certifying your residence will suffice.

These letters can be got (free of charge) from the room where you do the 90 day reporting. Be prepared to wait a few weeks. The Immigration Officer will write to your local Police, who will visit your address, interview neighbours and certify you live where you say you live. When that is done, you receive a letter of residence which enables you to open accounts in your own name (without work permit) and, as in my case, to get a Thai driving licence as well.

I use DTAC 999 baht unlimited GPRS. it is excellent.

Regards

Be prepared to wait a few weeks. The Immigration Officer will write to your local Police, who will visit your address, interview neighbours and certify you live where you say you live. When that is done, you receive a letter of residence which enables you to open accounts in your own name (without work permit) and, as in my case, to get a Thai driving licence as well.

Regards

And if i don't die before it :o