Tuk Tuk

7robbie7

Went into an idea once of buying up 2nd hand Tuk Tuks to export to Oz for tourism idea. Never found one that didn't need MASJOR mechanical work apart from the worn asthetics. If you want to tinker as a hobby it would be OK! By the way ,never went ahead.

:o

Yes there silly prices both new and second hand....

If you want small what about a DIHATSU HIJET the 2008 5 door mini bus appear to be 230,000 for a 5 speed manual or 240,000 for a auto... the Van model was 185,000.. that was 2 weeks ago at the Dihatsu south end of Bang Yai Rd

There's one that's been parked across the road from Daos Bar (between Nern Plub Wan and Kao Noi)for months. It looks a bit dilapidated and the licence is two years out of date, so I'm sure it could be bought cheap.

If you are a handy person I dare say it could be fixed up with miniumal cost.

The wife and I bought a similar thing for a brother-in- law 3 years ago in Nongbualamphu. Cost 53.000 Baht. Can´t remember what it´s called .... I think saamlor kreung..... Not a tuk tuk...... but it has a 125cc motor and at the rear there is a wooden bench on each side. Can carry about 4-5 people on each side. Great for the countryside.