Convert From 1 Year Work Visa To Marriage Visa

I am getting conflicting advise on how to go from a working visa issued at Nong khai yearly , i am not going to renew my work visa 30 Sept as i dont wish to work anymore , can i just apply for a 1 year extension marriage visa at Nong Khai immigration office or do i have to go to the Thai embassy in Laos to get a 3 month marriage visa and when that expires a 1 year extension?

I am getting conflicting advise on how to go from a working visa issued at Nong khai yearly , i am not going to renew my work visa 30 Sept as i dont wish to work anymore , can i just apply for a 1 year extension marriage visa at Nong Khai immigration office or do i have to go to the Thai embassy in Laos to get a 3 month marriage visa and when that expires a 1 year extension?

Davidthai,

Without knowing what you do in respect to working,it makes it hard to advise, but this what I did.

I changed my Non imm B to a Non imm O by switching my LTD comnpany into my wifes name and opening it as a Thai company..

We then had to back date the tax on the new company for 6 months, 1000 baht,less if you have children.

We then had to provide all the certificates for our wedding,pictures,picture of where we live and pictyures of the business.

I was given a 30 day extension to start,they check the paperwork and then it was converted to an extension of stay Non imm O.

Hope this helps..

As Mario said , better to go sooner than later.

You require an income of 40,000 Baht a month. If from within Thailand you need receipts of tax payments as proof. It can be your income,your Wife's income or both together.

Also as said you will need.

Marriage Certificate, Wife's House registration book and ID Card.

The Wife so that she can be interviewed.

Photos of you and Wife in and around your house.

Map to your house.

As Nong Kai are notorious for setting their own rules expect a few suprise requirements.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp. Go back in a month and get the remaining 11 months.

The stay is an extension of permitted to stay. Nothing to do with Non O.