10 People Injured In High Speed Road Crash.

kurgen

Just after 2.30 on Saturday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Samai from Banglamung Police Station was called to a major road accident which occurred on the Sukumvit Road, in front of the Mini Siam Tourist Attraction, in North Pattaya.

10 people were injured in the crash. Police and Rescue Units attended the scene which involved 2 vehicles, a Luxury Cruiser and a pick-up.

The 10 injured individuals were packed into the rear of the pick-up. :D

Police questioned the drivers of both vehicles who had different versions of the crash.

The driver of the Cruiser, a Ford Escape was Police Lieutenant Colonel Anan, :o from Region 2 Police based in Chonburi District.

He explained that he hit a tree on the side of the road but did not hit the pick-up which flipped over during the crash :D .

The pick-up driver, Khun Sanai aged 33 claimed that the Police Officers vehicle collided with the rear of his vehicle causing it to flip over.

There were no other witnesses who came forward and all that Police could do was to take both drivers to Banglamung Police Station for further questioning while the 10 injured people were taken to Hospital with a variety of injuries, none of which are thought to be serious.

Pattaya One News

I wonder who they will believe ? :D

Ah, I think there are about 10 witnesses--especially if it was a rear end collision. Even with no witnesses, it wouldn't take CSI to figure out who hit who and where.

But then again, we can't let the facts get in the way of a 'fair' outcome.

I am surprised at the honesty of the cop.

I would have expected that the story would involve this tree influenced by witchcraft, that jumped out into the road and assaulted the police officer, before tripping the pick-up up.

When will the Thais follow the rest of the world and stop people travelling in the back of vehicles not designed for passengers? When I was working on Suvarnabhumi I recall an accident on the Skyway, where a pickup hit the nearside concrete barrier and threw it's passengers over the barrier onto the Bang Na / Trat road below. At least four died in that one.

I am surprised at the honesty of the cop.

I would have expected that the story would involve this tree influenced by witchcraft, that jumped out into the road and assaulted the police officer, before tripping the pick-up up.

When will the Thais follow the rest of the world and stop people travelling in the back of vehicles not designed for passengers? When I was working on Suvarnabhumi I recall an accident on the Skyway, where a pickup hit the nearside concrete barrier and threw it's passengers over the barrier onto the Bang Na / Trat road below. At least four died in that one.

when will they stop drunk cop drivers ,or police corruption in general...............never,so i think stopping people sitting in the back is the least of the countries problems. i thought it was already made illegal a few yrs back....so we got a drunk cop ramming a pick up,ooops i mean tree that jumped out at him and a pick up that can flip on its own.

in uk this would be a big story and major problems for the cop,here its just another day and tomorrrow he could basically do it all over again

at least he didnt run off........didnt have to,he just tells the cops that turn up his story is correct and they cant really argue with a higher ranking gang member,i mean officer.....no i was right the first time :o

i just realised why he said he hit a tree.............so he or his insurance(if he has any........whats he need it for,whatever happens will be the other persons fault,quite handy being a copper here...best job by far) dont have to pay for any car damage done or compensation to injured.......a real unlucky day for them in the pick up,they probably have to pay for the cops car.....and he will probabaly get a promtion to head of traffic police or something

10 injured individuals! You can see the cop doing the mental arithmetic on that one. (Driver at fault pays for health care of injured persons here.)

Solution: "Never went anywhere near the pick-up, bro."

That'll save him a packet. If he plays his cards right, he might even be able to make a profit out of it.

Gotta feel for Sanai and his passengers. They sure drew the short straw. A lot of people do in this country.