Hold-up At Big A Supermarket, Koh Phangan

theres a scottish guy doing 3 years in samui jail ,for stealing a bottle of scotch from a hotel ,whats this guy gonna get for armed robbery..

Depends on how much he can afford to pay off the police and prosecutor.

Why not just execute him and save the Thai taxpayers expenses for keeping him in jail.

theres a scottish guy doing 3 years in samui jail ,for stealing a bottle of scotch from a hotel ,whats this guy gonna get for armed robbery..

I feel bad for this guy.

Its easy to read the above post and assume the guy sneaked into a hotel at night, forced open the steel shutters to the hotel bar and grabbed a bottle of Hennesy XO before legging it.

Actauly the poor sod was just a p1ssed up guy who was actualy STAYING at the hotel. After a couple hours full on fun with his bar fine that night, he staggered to the hotel bar by the pool, which was closed. A security guard was sitting there. He asked if he could buy some whisky, the guard said no. So the guy took a bottle and said "Let them know i have taken it, im in room XX ill pay tommorow for the whole bottle"

There was no abbuse, no aggresive confrontation, no shouting. It was a drunk young tourist having a laugh.

The security guard calls the police and the guy gets lifted. The court case was swift and all the judge considered was 'ferang breaks into hotel bar steels booze" When he should have considered "Ferang staying at hotel gets alarmingly drunk, helps himself to booze behind bar with no shutters or locks and informs security he has taken it and will pay when bar opens"

3 years man. A regular drunk tourist having a wild holiday makes a bad judgment call and gets 3 farking years.

Dont get me wrong. It was a daft thing to do but at best, he should have had the hotel managment knocking his door in the morning asking for payment and making it clear if he did anything like that again, he would be evicted from the hotel.

3 years! The last time I was in Samui i was toying with the idea of finding out the guys name etc so i could go visit him - thats how bad i feel for the poor guy.

Enter the Thai Visa Right Wing brigade posting 'Let the ferang kee nok rot in prison bah humbug......'

There must be more to this story..........

As the police would ask for money first to clear the case up..... now if he was rude or refused to pay, then yes it would go to court

I feel bad for this guy.

Its easy to read the above post and assume the guy sneaked into a hotel at night, forced open the steel shutters to the hotel bar and grabbed a bottle of Hennesy XO before legging it.

Actauly the poor sod was just a p1ssed up guy who was actualy STAYING at the hotel. After a couple hours full on fun with his bar fine that night, he staggered to the hotel bar by the pool, which was closed. A security guard was sitting there. He asked if he could buy some whisky, the guard said no. So the guy took a bottle and said "Let them know i have taken it, im in room XX ill pay tommorow for the whole bottle"

There was no abbuse, no aggresive confrontation, no shouting. It was a drunk young tourist having a laugh.

The security guard calls the police and the guy gets lifted. The court case was swift and all the judge considered was 'ferang breaks into hotel bar steels booze" When he should have considered "Ferang staying at hotel gets alarmingly drunk, helps himself to booze behind bar with no shutters or locks and informs security he has taken it and will pay when bar opens"

3 years man. A regular drunk tourist having a wild holiday makes a bad judgment call and gets 3 farking years.

Dont get me wrong. It was a daft thing to do but at best, he should have had the hotel managment knocking his door in the morning asking for payment and making it clear if he did anything like that again, he would be evicted from the hotel.

3 years! The last time I was in Samui i was toying with the idea of finding out the guys name etc so i could go visit him - thats how bad i feel for the poor guy.

Enter the Thai Visa Right Wing brigade posting 'Let the ferang kee nok rot in prison bah humbug......'

Assuming the above story is the entire truth...Why is the hotel even pressing charges? Or doesn't it work like that in Thailand? If you really want to get the guy out start a negative campaign against the hotel. Who would want to stay at a place like that?

Edited by koheesti

I feel bad for this guy.

Assuming the above story is the entire truth...Why is the hotel even pressing charges? Or doesn't it work like that in Thailand? If you really want to get the guy out start a negative campaign against the hotel. Who would want to stay at a place like that?

he's a scotish guy ,they call him scottie,ive met him ,he;s around 35 and the above story about his case is pretty spot on ,he doesnt seem bothered that hes in there ,he's in good spirits ,this i know as i shared a cell with him and 7 other farangs last year ,i was only there for 2 nights ,it was a nightmare,i've been back to see the guts many times ,if you go a couple of hundred baht of fags or sweets really gives them a boost ,toothpaste and razorblades are most welcome,theres a shop in the prison grounds ,buy it there,visiting hours 9-11.30am mon-fri,just tell them you've come to see a farang and they'll bring one out to you,they will share whatever you give with all the other farangs in there,they dont get much visits being so far from home,and really do appreciate it

last year there were 7, 2 italians cocaine trafficing 15years and 3 years ,a swede possion of pot ,the scot ,and english guy credit card fraud ,a brit drugs

the 2 brits since released ,it was more than a year ago so maybe more now,the conditions are not bad ,no beds just tiled floors ,and a lot of mossys,they crave newspapers and books ,news papers dont have to be current as they have no idea wants going on in the outside world,they get up at 6am and are free to walk around the grounds until 4pm when there locked up till 6am the following day..

I believe there is. My understanding is that this was the same guy that killed his wife and fled to Thailand.... see the previous thread..

Scot sent home for murder

He probably made the story up about the whisky as it would be more likely to get sympathy than telling the truth.

Maybe I am wrong but there might not be too many guys named Scottie in jail after being arrested in a Koh Phangan.

Edited by Beachedwhale

last year there were 7, 2 italians cocaine trafficing 15years and 3 years ,a swede possion of pot ,the scot ,and english guy credit card fraud ,a brit drugs

the 2 brits since released ,it was more than a year ago so maybe more now,the conditions are not bad ,no beds just tiled floors ,and a lot of mossys,they crave newspapers and books ,news papers dont have to be current as they have no idea wants going on in the outside world,they get up at 6am and are free to walk around the grounds until 4pm when there locked up till 6am the following day..

Are you talking about Samui or Surat Thani prison ?

I believe there is. My understanding is that this was the same guy that killed his wife and fled to Thailand.... see the previous thread..

He probably made the story up about the whisky as it would be more likely to get sympathy than telling the truth.

Maybe I am wrong but there might not be too many guys named Scottie in jail after being arrested in a Koh Phangan.

Yes but he was sent home. They are saying that Scot is still in jail in Thailand.

Are you talking about Samui or Surat Thani prison ?

samui prison as at may 07

Yes but he was sent home. They are saying that Scot is still in jail in Thailand.

cant be 100% sure but the scot who was in samui jail maybe one of the same who murdered the girl in scotland ,,,,

samui prison as at may 07

Could still be the same guy as he was arrested in January 2007 for failing to pay his Hotel bill and sent back in April 2008.

the picture of the guy in the other thread looks similar,anybody know dave covey from the brit embassy ?he would know for sure

Understandably... but is it really all?

I am in the Industry, what Hotel would have allowed this?

....worldwide custom is to simply put it on the bill and ONLY if asked what this Item is on the bill for...imagine how embarrassing it is if on check out staff is going to check your luggage because the Hotels towel, bathrobe...xxxxx, xxxx, xxx is missing and it shows up in your wifes LV suitcase!

It is the normal global procedure, nobody is going to make a big "HuffHuff" with customers!

...and if really true, makes one wonder how many are doing time here for similar "offenses"!

Sorry, before posting didn't read the entire thread....thought there must be more to it..

Edited by Samuian