Ploy

MKAsok

It's this "Thai cut" prepared by the director that has been released on DVD (no English subtitles), and I suspect this is the version that is floating around on the torrents with the fansubs.

I'd be interested to know if this is true. The version I saw was fairly graphic sexually.

As a side note to fans of Pen-Ek, if you haven't seen it already, you might be interested in Wisit Sasanatieng's Mah Nakorn (Citizen Dog), which is narrated by Pen-EK. I picked up a copy the other day, but haven't watched it as yet. Will report back when I do...

mk

The Thailand edit of Ploy was still pretty explicit for what is customarily seen in Thai films. From what I understand, the transitions from the bartender and maid having their tryst back to the arguing married couple are less severe in the original "erect nipples" edit.

Mah Nakorn: Dissapointing. Visually quite impressive, but a bit too self-consciously quirky and whimsical for my liking... Wouldn't bother with this...

mk

Some people like quirk and whimsy as a change of pace. To each his or her own. Still, I think the metaphor about the tails could have been handled with less abstraction. Citizen Dog (Mah Nakorn) can be mail-ordered from Hong Kong specialty DVD houses, with English subtitles.