Location For Mom's Birthday ?

bubu

hi dudes :o

I will be on samui at the end of the year.

together with my mom and her friend.

i invited her to this 6-weeks-trip because i was in thailand so often and i always told her that it is so nice.

and now she will have the opportunity to experience it with her own eyes ...

actually, i am looking for a special place to celebrate her 52nd birthday ...

i really dont know what to do ... of course there are some nice restaurants, but i am not sure whether this is enough.

maybe a night in a nice villa ... but for what? that doesnt make sense ...

i think i want to give her something special ...

as i said, her best friend ist travelling with us and i can organize the event with her.

at the end, this should be a surprise, of course!

any suggestions?

i really dont know what i can do ... i need something exclusive.

it can be a dinner at na muang waterfall or whatever, i really dont know ...

i hope you guys have some ideas for me ...

are there some agencies for special events?

hi dudes :D

I will be on samui at the end of the year.

together with my mom and her friend.

i invited her to this 6-weeks-trip because i was in thailand so often and i always told her that it is so nice.

and now she will have the opportunity to experience it with her own eyes ...

actually, i am looking for a special place to celebrate her 52nd birthday ...

i really dont know what to do ... of course there are some nice restaurants, but i am not sure whether this is enough.

maybe a night in a nice villa ... but for what? that doesnt make sense ...

i think i want to give her something special ...

as i said, her best friend ist travelling with us and i can organize the event with her.

at the end, this should be a surprise, of course!

any suggestions?

i really dont know what i can do ... i need something exclusive.

it can be a dinner at na muang waterfall or whatever, i really dont know ...

i hope you guys have some ideas for me ...

are there some agencies for special events?

If she is in ok fysikal condition you could do the three top tour with her. Namuang has some fantastic views. Dinner at poh chaweng in the evening is something my mom always appretiate, also a fantastic view and nice environment, good food and pretty good price.

If the three top thing is too much for her you can change it and take a boat trip instead. Charter your own boat and go to a few different islands, catch some sun, do some snorkeling, fishing...

Whats your budget, what are her interrests?

Don´t know your mom. How cool is she? Wake her up 7, take her to the go-cart track and do a few races, then take her do a peircing/tatoo and a good massage. Good dinner in the evening! :D

Or, take her to the birdshow (really good), then a massage, nail-paint (every woman love that!) and a good dinner.

Fotball-golf, sailingcourse, croccodileshow, snakefarm, islandtour, rent a canote, take her to a spa, karaokebar (thaistyle one can be really fun!).

Fly to Bangkok and check in a nice hotel for 2 days and i can´t even get started on how many options you will have then!!

Use your creativity, thailand has it all! Good luck and happy bithday to your mom!!! :o

bangkok is the last stop of our trip ... so it doesnt make sense to go there on her birtday ...

my mom ... her interests ... hmmm ... she is not interested in tattoos and piercings :o

and i think i should not organize a kart race ... too much action.

of course we could visit a bird show or whatever, but i want to prepare something for here.

something special.

i dont want to go to a place where 100s of other people could go to at the same time.

i dont want to go to a "normal" place ...

i want to prepare something special ... or to have something prepared.

budget ... i think 5000 baht would be ok.

500 would be ok also, if i could get something special for that little money ...

Edited by bubu

Take her down the mango and get her shitfaced and then buy some meat on a stick for dinner. Good night had by all.

Seriously though it is not easy to find a special "unique" activity on Samui as we only have crappy tourist rubbish here like snake farms and football golf which are pretty laughable activities if you ask me. If you were in bangkok you could have a great Thai day, river cruise, top notch Thai restaurant, cabaret show etc and as it's her first trip to Thailand it would no doubt be memorable. On Samui your gonna struggle.

check out The Four Seasons Resort at the top of the hill on the way to Nathon- the restaurant overlooks a beautiful little beach. The food is overpriced and a little disappointing, but she will love drinks or dessert in the afternoon there, it's an amazing resort. At the lobby they will take you down in electric carts to the beach, try the passionfruit dessert with meringue, or the mango cheesecake.

Not sure if its possible in Samui but I did it in Phuket once before and the theory is sound so...

Organize with a boat operator and a restaurant to have them take you out to a sand bank/deserted beach for a sunset dinner. Restaurant provides the dining equipment, food/drinks and waiter&chef whilst the boat guy organizes to bring the waiter, chef and equipment there first and then you and your family. You could always hire 2 boats to do this since it'll be around the same price but you'd want to make sure the waiter, the chef and the equipment is all there first so you're not in the way of them setting up and you can just enjoy the moment.

Its a lot of work and not sure if you'd have enough time to organize it while you're there. Good luck anyway and wish your mum a happy 52nd!

why not celebrate the birthday at the ladyboy show, surely something she never saw.

we will stay four weeks on samui and her birthday is at the end of our stay.

but for sure, we will go to christie's and star club before her birthday ...

because i love christie's ...

Take her down the mango and get her shitfaced and then buy some meat on a stick for dinner. Good night had by all.

Seriously though it is not easy to find a special "unique" activity on Samui as we only have crappy tourist rubbish here like snake farms and football golf which are pretty laughable activities if you ask me. If you were in bangkok you could have a great Thai day, river cruise, top notch Thai restaurant, cabaret show etc and as it's her first trip to Thailand it would no doubt be memorable. On Samui your gonna struggle.

You can do a boatcruise (on a nice blue ocean), cabaret show and top notch thai reastaurant also in "crappy samui".

Allthough i agree Bangkok would have much more to offer, the guy ask for advise on Samui, and quite honestly i think he will have no struggle at all making a special day for her. Samui has not only the "crappy tourist laughable activities". Samui has most of the things in different tastes.

it seems to be hard to find something special ... a trip to tao is not special, because we could do this every day and many other people are doing the same at the same time ... i dont know ... i think we will just have an ordinary dinner, thats all ... but i dont want to do something ordinary like this :o i really hope that one of you guys has another great idea ...

however, just in case i have to organize a dinner ... can you recommend any nice places? special places?

what about the jungle club samui? look at the left picture, second row ...

http://www.jungleclubsamui.com/pictures/re...-club-samui.jpg

this looks special!

any other places like this on samui?

Edited by bubu

The spa idea isn't bad, but it isn't necessarily one you would be doing together. How about having a special picnic lunch packed by someplace with delicious food and chartering a boat to Anthong (if the weather is good that is)?

it seems to be hard to find something special ... a trip to tao is not special, because we could do this every day and many other people are doing the same at the same time ... i dont know ... i think we will just have an ordinary dinner, thats all ... but i dont want to do something ordinary like this :o i really hope that one of you guys has another great idea ...

however, just in case i have to organize a dinner ... can you recommend any nice places? special places?

what about the jungle club samui? look at the left picture, second row ...

http://www.jungleclubsamui.com/pictures/re...-club-samui.jpg

this looks special!

any other places like this on samui?

JungleClub is good, book the honeymoon suite.

Amazing views.

why not celebrate the birthday at the ladyboy show, surely something she never saw.

we will stay four weeks on samui and her birthday is at the end of our stay.

but for sure, we will go to christie's and star club before her birthday ...

because i love christie's ...

Thanks for stopping writing where you did... :o

come on guys, i need some more ideas! :o

Well dear, have to say, people here try to help you a lot already but you not happy on anything. You say need to find something what you cannot do as 'everyday' on your holiday, hmmm with money to spend is only as from 500 to 5 000 THB you cannot expect too divine evening.

Am personally going to have my fifties on April in The Island and had ask 40 people to party from my country, will have private Villa for it with food and drinks, some local band and dancers, fireworks on sky and finally night out. Its not about the show its about the time to share with your friends and enjoy when they have come so far just to take part of evening.

Am sure your mother does not expected to have wild night out, just time to spend with her son and friend, that is something what you cannot buy with money, believe me. And the dinner out on Chaweng beach restaurant is nice so many ways and the food is also great and fresh, well if you can eat seafood. Good and interesting life is made of small things, you do not need to break the bank everyday to feel that you are alive, you will learn it later but your Mom knows it already. Happy birthday party to all of you.

come on guys, i need some more ideas! :D

Well dear, have to say, people here try to help you a lot already but you not happy on anything. You say need to find something what you cannot do as 'everyday' on your holiday, hmmm with money to spend is only as from 500 to 5 000 THB you cannot expect too divine evening.

Am personally going to have my fifties on April in The Island and had ask 40 people to party from my country, will have private Villa for it with food and drinks, some local band and dancers, fireworks on sky and finally night out. Its not about the show its about the time to share with your friends and enjoy when they have come so far just to take part of evening.

Am sure your mother does not expected to have wild night out, just time to spend with her son and friend, that is something what you cannot buy with money, believe me. And the dinner out on Chaweng beach restaurant is nice so many ways and the food is also great and fresh, well if you can eat seafood. Good and interesting life is made of small things, you do not need to break the bank everyday to feel that you are alive, you will learn it later but your Mom knows it already. Happy birthday party to all of you.

Yes Bubu, pavlo is absalutely right, your mom isn't expecting more than your love on here birthday :o Well put pavlo.

come on guys, i need some more ideas! :D

Yes Bubu, pavlo is absalutely right, your mom isn't expecting more than your love on here birthday :o Well put pavlo.

I agree. Your mum probably wants to see you as much as possible.

I remember when I came here 16 years ago it was great just sitting on the beach having some nice Thai food, a few beers and watching the sea roll in and out.

You can do this in many places ranging from expensive to cheap.

I still like it and go to the following on a regular chill out occasion.

I would recommend Beach Love in Chaweng Noi, Paradise Bungalows on Phang Kha, a couple of beach bars in Lamai (but cannot remember the names as they are really cheap and cheerful – but just behind McDonalds .. plus I probably had a few too many), Lolitas in Maenam etc. None of these are expensive, none offer 5 star service but they all provide a certain level of “Thai ambience” which is hard to explain but also hard to find back home. What would mum be happy talking about back home at the bridge club? Some fancy 5 star hotel or the experience on the beach at Beach Love or Lolitas with son Bubu? Lolitas service if far from 5 star but worth talking about.

I would recommend something that stretches her a bit but gives her the ability to eat and not feel squeamish and also be able to talk about it back home. Don’t just think that expensive is good … go for Thai food on the beach with a few cold beers (that will be the real challenge and perhaps you should take some coolers and ice).

Good luck and enjoy

Cheers

.... Your mum probably wants to see you as much as possible. ....

i guess you're right ... however, i want to prepare something special.

i don't know what ... a dinner is not enough.

of course i would spend all day long with her on her birthday, but this is not enough.

i invited her to this trip ... 6 weeks thailand ... her first trip to asia.

her first trip far away from home ... for sure it is special to celebrate her birthday under palms on samui ...

but as i said, i want to do prepare something special ... don't know what.

but i am sure i will find something ...