Adding Passport Pages /passport Renewal

eek

(Im sure been asked before but couldnt find it through the search function either here or in the visa section.)

I would like to either add new pages in my passport (British), or possibly apply for a new one. Is this possible in Chiang Mai? If so, where please, and an idea of costs, if anyone knows.

Thanks! :o

Not sure about getting extra pages, but you can certainly get a new one from the British Consulate in CM - fees here:

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/faqs/

Give them a call or e-mail them about the extra pages aspect:

198 Bumrungraj Road

Muang

Chiang Mai 50000

Office hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-11:30

(053) 263 015

[email protected]

To my knowledge you cannot get pages added to a British passport. I have tried in Bangkok previously but that was 4 years back so maybe rules have changed but I very much doubt it. I was quoted 2 weeks to renew a passport in Chiang Mai which seems reasonable.

(Im sure been asked before but couldnt find it through the search function either here or in the visa section.)

I would like to either add new pages in my passport (British), or possibly apply for a new one. Is this possible in Chiang Mai? If so, where please, and an idea of costs, if anyone knows.

Thanks! :o

No you cannot get extra pages added to a British Passport,they will issue you with a new one.

• 1 month later...

bump.. have another question on this guys as I will drop in my passport soon (wanted to wait till i get the extension on my tourist visa).

If i get a new passport, how will it work for the visa, entry stamp etc? Do i get to keep hold of my old passport and show when i exit Thailand.

The other question is, I have been in Thailand for 2 years now, on a Tourist visa. (Looking into different ways of being here on a different visa as I dont wish to leave, at least for now). Im not doing anything illegally, ie working here. I have proof of funds. Do you think they would tell me to go back to the UK to get a new visa, or should all be ok? :o

tnx.

Edited by eek