Russian Tractors In Thailand?

Soi224

Hi Soi224,

I been looking to buy a tractor recently and I have never seen one like this.

I am pretty sure I would be right in saying that tractors that spares are hard to come by,generally do not get imported,I am no expert though.

d Ford and new/second hand Japanese/Chinese machines..with some old english massey fergusons..I am sure there are lots of other odd units floating about that have been modified to work.

The guy with lots of knowledge in this arena is Maizefarmer, maybe he can help.

BELARUS (brand name) - the trading name for Minsk Tractor Company - the model in the pictures you have attached is fairly knew - can;t see exactly but if I am corretc its around 125hp.

What do I think of them?

Good value for money actually on an hp for hp basis.

Cost far less than Ford or Kubota of the same horse power, but as always the concern has to be long term reliability, though if I am not mistaken they are now using Perkins engines (not sure on that though). Very basic machines, but listening to the sales "bumpf" from one of there sales guys at the German ag show last year, Belarus is now making an effort to get their act together and make a decent product.

Would I buy one? -if it were just for the sake of needing cheap horse power in Europe, yes - but for Thailand, no my personal choice would be a used Ford (and then throw a turbo on it).

Avalibilility in Thailand?

There is a guy who can/will get them for you - have his details at home, so it will have to wait till Iget back end of next week.

There are a few around Thailand. There is no parts/service logistics exsisting in Thailand.

I have noticed a lot of the local councils run belaras tractors,not sure on hp but they must have some service backup from somewhere?

Farmerjo,

There are often incentives in developing nations for people in decision making positions to make less than the best, or "shaky" purchasing choices. I am sure that the deals were sweet, hopefully the service etc.. will be as well. For me, I would need to see it for myself. Yes I admit to becoming a bit of a cynic. Been burnt too often,

Isaanaussie

Well - there is parts and service avalible - but not in the sense of Ford tractors (for which there is something like 3600 dealers in Thailand - yes that much). For Belarus its a case of phoning one dealer in Bangkok who says "I'll check and phone you back" - and more often has to order the part from KL or Lahore, which means having to wait at least a few days.

Truth is, they are much like old Fords - not much in the way of electronics on them, or electromechanics, other than for the most basic of parts. So there isn't much to go wrong.