Full Tanks.

sometime

I need to get my(so called) 5 septic tanks emptied , just found out that there is no run off to a soak away, they are just holding tanks, 7 concrete rings deep sealed with cement, so that’s my next job.

What I need is “I want my septic tanks pumping out in Thai writing", so when I go to the local government offices can just show them, and I don’t have to spend hours explaining, or even phonetic.

I would ask my neighbor but they are away,

Is this the norm in Thailand just holding tanks?, I know the house next door has a soak away.

Any ideas regarding decent soak aways would be helpful. :o:D

Most real septic systems have a drainage field off the storage unit. I am not sure what you have with that many tanks, but most modern setups throughout Thailand have a proper leech field off the main tank. The configuration typically will be 7 meters long 18'- 1 meter wide X 3 meters deep X.

Here is a link of how I put mine together it shows a typical setup for a septic system. My house has a tank good for up to 6 people & may need to be pumped out in 20- 30 years. Recently we had a tractor break the lid on our cement tank & I had to replace it.(Silly me I forgot to mention to the tractor operator to avoid driving over the septic are when filling up land for the new house) You may have to have more fields if your tanks are for a restaurant's or industrial usage of the crapper. I put in the system in Dec. & it is working excellent(aside from having to dig out the baffle plate. men men!)

Here is the forum link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Septic-Tank-t168433.html (on page 10 of the do it yourself forum)

It shows some pics of what system I used. It does not matter if the field is square(around the tank round triangular or any shape as long as the basic depth x width X length is maintained. It can be longer & deeper & wider if you want, but to get the optimum results keep within this format & it will work. & avoid duck-bleach -sanitary napkins & excess toilet paper. the toilet Duck or bleach kills the bacteria that keeps the septic system working.

Edited by Beardog

I need to get my(so called) 5 septic tanks emptied , just found out that there is no run off to a soak away, they are just holding tanks, 7 concrete rings deep sealed with cement, so that’s my next job.

Is this the norm in Thailand just holding tanks?, I know the house next door has a soak away.

Suspect that is why it's known as a dump and pump system. Pull them out and put in a plastic bio tank with a small leaching field. Never need to empty again.