Best Mexican Food In Bangkok

dotcom

Yesterday, I had a great lunch At Miguel's Mexican in Chiang Mai. Tamales, mexican rice, beans and guacamole and almost as good as Mission Street in San Francisco. :o .

Let me state that I have never eaten at Miguel's........tamales........really? I am looking forward to trying Miguel's...

Let me confess something. I liked old fashioned "Mexican food" in San Francisco just fine, but only ate it every once in a while, so am no real expert. However, I LOVED the Mission Street Super Burritos and ate them almost every single day for many years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_burrito

They are what I love and mostly stick to at Miguels in Chiang Mai.

I don't really remember how tamales tasted in California, but the ones at Miguels taste authentic to me as does the beans and rice. The guacamole is made from Thai avocados, so not great, but is a lot better than nothing. They do have soft corn tortillas also.

Mike, who originally opened Miguel's, said that Chile Rellanos were too much work, plus you need the right kind of chile (the King's project sells them), so they don't make them at Miguel's. I LOVED them in California too!

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as opposed to the really lousy stuff that some past places used to serve, or one particular current non-Mexican bistro that pretends to serve Mexican dishes that REALLY are not...

Here JFC goes again lol

We are not a Mexican restaurant, I would not want to have one here and I made the Burritos because I was asked by customers if I would be wlling to make them .... HE has not even eaten one and that is what really gets me, HE HAS NOT EVEN EATEN ONE OF OUR BURRITOS AND CRITIQUES THEM - according to a NG documentary on Mexican food last week I was particlar interested in the section on Burritos and found that the ones I make are actually based on the original - paperthin Tortilla made with nothing but wheat flower water and oil and the filling is equally original with Jalepenos guacamole bbq chicken and the only exception is the use of Spanish chorrizo instead of Mexican because as much as some ask for original, they are as quick to complain its too hot .. and the use of rice in the Burrito is also authentic .We serve them with our Habanero based hot sauce for everyone to adjust to their own "heat" level.

Looking at how many we sell a week and a lot to regular orderers they can't be that bad,

JFC based all his continuing attacks on our Burrito on another members comment hat he found a chicken ligament in his Burrito - in a BBQ chicken and Chorizo Burrito - a piece of ligament !! not a bone or the chefs finger (all ten are still where they belong) and that the soft flower Burrito was too soft or as JFC wrote later was soggy - again which He did not order nor eat - this was a problem with packaging for the dispatch service at the beginning which we solved straight away - as far as the piece of ligament is concerned, we use whole chicken thighs because they have a lot more flavor than the easier breasts and no matter how much care one takes, there is always the chance of a piece of ligament escaping the checks.

John

p.s. we are not talking about 3 star Michelin cuisine here we are talking about simple Burritos its Mexican McDonalds you can make them good by adjusting theingredients and I use real charcoal BBQ grilled chicken and our own Chorrizo which we supply to many 5 star Hotels, real cheese and Jalepenos which I blacken over charcoal other mexican foods are more difficult to make here because of non availabillity of ingredients or the cost of such but not Burritos or Tortillas themselves

Edited by JohnBKKK

Burritos were invented in the northern Mexican state of Chihuahua in the city of Ciudad Juárez. In Mexico, they are only found in limited areas of the northern states, although they have become quite popular in America. The burrito was invented by a street stall vendor, who wanted a way to keep his taco ingredients warm, and wrapped them in a thin tortilla instead of a napkin. An authentic Mexican burrito would only have one or two fillings: meat, potatoes, beans, rice, or cheese. The use of guacamole as a burrito filling is purely a U.S. variation.

Burritos were invented in the northern Mexican state of Chihuahua in the city of Ciudad Juárez. In Mexico, they are only found in limited areas of the northern states, although they have become quite popular in America. The burrito was invented by a street stall vendor, who wanted a way to keep his taco ingredients warm, and wrapped them in a thin tortilla instead of a napkin. An authentic Mexican burrito would only have one or two fillings: meat, potatoes, beans, rice, or cheese. The use of guacamole as a burrito filling is purely a U.S. variation.

Who really cares, this thread has gone from where to actually eat food that is (authenic or not) mexican to another pi=sing match about my jalepeno is bigger than your habenaro.

No wonder the last thread got closed.

Thanks for the link: It brings back memories of Burrito runs to El Faro with my friend Woody (he discovered them) in the 70's. La Taqueria used to have my favorite tacos until I discovered La Cumbre (which has gone downhill since then). El Farolito is great, too, along with many others.

Every year when I go back to SF, I stuff myself with great burritos and other Mexican food.

Probably the most sublime of all (for me) are the taco trucks, especially the one at 18th and Harrison, if I recall correctly. Their al pastor tacos are so great even my wife loves them. By the way, she actually bugs me to go to Miguel's when we're in Chiang Mai.

Oh, about all the bickering in this thread--it makes both sides look foolish. If one side stopped, then only the other side would look stupid anymore. Oh, darn, now I'm starting to look stupid!

Who really cares, this thread has gone from where to actually eat food that is (authenic or not) mexican to another pi=sing match about my jalepeno is bigger than your habenaro.

That's cute :o

Had you been following this thread, you would known there is an ongoing discussion between BM's who operate or are planning to operate restaurants in Thailand that serve Mexican cuisine and BM's who enjoy Mexican food, and we have been discussing regional variations of that cuisine. As you can see, these regional variations include (the San Francisco burrito (El Faro) vs. the San Diego/LA burrito (Alberto's) vs. Tex-Mex vs. the Chihuahua burrito). If you don't like the discussion, ignore it. However, I find the discussion particularly insightful, having tried each of these regional variations, and planning to open my own restaurant in Thailand.

I think John had said he was trying to offer something close to an authentic Mexican burrito, and I just wanted to point out that the addition of guacamole would be a southwest U.S. variant. I have previously commended John on his efforts to offer Mexican-inspired cuisine. It's very difficult, as he noted, because many of the ingredients cannot be sourced in Thailand. I don't think your comment adds anything to this fascinating discussion. :D

Thanks for the link: It brings back memories of Burrito runs to El Faro with my friend Woody (he discovered them) in the 70's. La Taqueria used to have my favorite tacos until I discovered La Cumbre (which has gone downhill since then). El Farolito is great, too, along with many others.

Every year when I go back to SF, I stuff myself with great burritos and other Mexican food.

Probably the most sublime of all (for me) are the taco trucks, especially the one at 18th and Harrison, if I recall correctly. Their al pastor tacos are so great even my wife loves them. By the way, she actually bugs me to go to Miguel's when we're in Chiang Mai.

Jimmyd - yeah, El Faro got me started on the San Francisco burritos, back in 1981. I still favor the al pastor tacos from Cancun Taqueria. I don't think I ever got over to 18th and Harrison. I hope that roach coach is still around when I make my next trip to the City.

I have to get to Miguels in Chiang Mai. The reviews on this board can't be ignored.

Had you been following this thread, you would known there is an ongoing discussion between BM's who operate or are planning to operate restaurants in Thailand that serve Mexican cuisine and BM's who enjoy Mexican food, and we have been discussing regional variations of that cuisine. As you can see, these regional variations include (the San Francisco burrito (El Faro) vs. the San Diego/LA burrito (Alberto's) vs. Tex-Mex vs. the Chihuahua burrito). If you don't like the discussion, ignore it. However, I find the discussion particularly insightful, having tried each of these regional variations, and planning to open my own restaurant in Thailand.

I think John had said he was trying to offer something close to an authentic Mexican burrito, and I just wanted to point out that the addition of guacamole would be a southwest U.S. variant. I have previously commended John on his efforts to offer Mexican-inspired cuisine. It's very difficult, as he noted, because many of the ingredients cannot be sourced in Thailand. I don't think your comment adds anything to this fascinating discussion. :D

Jimmyd - yeah, El Faro got me started on the San Francisco burritos, back in 1981. I still favor the al pastor tacos from Cancun Taqueria. I don't think I ever got over to 18th and Harrison. I hope that roach coach is still around when I make my next trip to the City.

I have to get to Miguels in Chiang Mai. The reviews on this board can't be ignored.

Mate, nobody cares about the best mexican back in the USA or where-ever, in case you cant read this topic is about the best mexican in BANGKOK. So unless you can recommend one, then..... :D

Mate, nobody cares about the best mexican back in the USA or where-ever, in case you cant read this topic is about the best mexican in BANGKOK. So unless you can recommend one, then..... :D

Look at the second post in this thread! As for Bangkok, I have found Sunrise to be the closest facsimile to decent Mexican food in Bangkok. There are several BM's who plan to open Mexican eateries in Bangkok, and this is a place for us to discuss our experiences and preferences.

BTW - since you used the word "mate", you are either British or Australian and your opinion of Mexican cuisine should be so qualified. :D Have you even been to Mexico or the southwest U.S. where this food is actually served? I didn't think so.

Look at the second post in this thread! As for Bangkok, I have found Sunrise to be the closest facsimile to decent Mexican food in Bangkok. There are several BM's who plan to open Mexican eateries in Bangkok, and this is a place for us to discuss our experiences and preferences.

BTW - since you used the word "mate", you are either British or Australian and your opinion of Mexican cuisine should be so qualified. :D Have you even been to Mexico or the southwest U.S. where this food is actually served? I didn't think so.

Although I am not a Yank I have been to both if that answers your question mate.

Thanks for the link: It brings back memories of Burrito runs to El Faro with my friend Woody (he discovered them) in the 70's.

El Faro were my first actual Mission District (as opposed to Mission Street) burritos and they were the first to franchise into the financial district and over on Polk street, so you didn't have to go to the Mission to get the best. Are they still around or did they change their name to El Farolito which is all I can find on the Internet. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Thanks for the link: It brings back memories of Burrito runs to El Faro with my friend Woody (he discovered them) in the 70's.

El Faro were my first actual Mission District (as opposed to Mission Street) burritos and they were the first to franchise into the financial district and over on Polk street, so you didn't have to go to the Mission to get the best. Are they still around or did they change their name to El Farolito which is all I can find on the Internet. :o

I think they're down to 2 locations now: 2399 Folsom (Mission District) and 82 1st Street (Financial District).

I think I ate a burrito every workday for a year at the 1st and Mission Store, because I worked right around the corner.

They used to have one at 16th and Mission, 1st and Mission, 5th and Folsom and Polk and Sutter and I frequented them ALL!

In about 1977 I worked at a burrito and sandwich shop called The Golden Gate Flyer that was beside the YMCA across the small alley from The Embarcadero Post Office.

What great food. They did not have anything like that where I grew up. :o

They used to have one at 16th and Mission, 1st and Mission, 5th and Folsom and Polk and Sutter and I frequented them ALL!

In about 1977 I worked at a burrito and sandwich shop called The Golden Gate Flyer that was beside the YMCA across the small alley from The Embarcadero Post Office.

What great food. They did not have anything like that where I grew up. :o

Can't say I ever ate there, but it looks like your old boss has become a major figure in the opposition to ICE raids in the Bay Area.

[Contra Costa Times (May 6, 2008)SAN FRANCISCO] — Jose Luis Sanchez was a veteran cook at El Balazo, working at the popular Bay Area taqueria chain for eight years before a Friday immigration raid ended his career and left his family’s future uncertain. "My kids are sad," said the 32-year-old San Pablo resident, one of 63 illegal immigrants employed by the 11-restaurant chain who were arrested Friday by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "They want to know if they’re going to send me to Mexico."

With an electronic surveillance bracelet attached indefinitely to his ankle, Sanchez contemplated his future Monday afternoon outside the Sansome Street high-rise building that is home to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Office of Detention and Removal Operations. As he spoke, a few hundred people marched up and down the sidewalk, protesting last week’s raids on the restaurants.

"A lot of our municipalities are feeling these are improper invasions," said state Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco, who joined the Monday afternoon protest. She said that the raids violate San Francisco’s desire to be a "safe haven community" for undocumented immigrants.

Advocates said the raids affected families throughout the Bay Area. The Rev. William McGarvey, pastor of the Community Presbyterian Church in Pittsburg, said he was worried that the raids would send families "further underground," eroding their relationships with local institutions.

Sanchez, who hails Advertisement from Guadalajara, Mexico, said he was having an ordinary morning Friday when two men and a woman he later assumed were plainclothes agents showed up at the restaurant where he works just off Highway 101 in San Francisco.

"The first one ordered chorizo and eggs," Sanchez said. "The next one ordered a burrito with carne asada. The woman ordered a burrito with beans."

But then the woman, he said, asked for a bathroom key and disappeared. Soon after, Sanchez said, the restaurant was stormed by uniformed agents who closed off the establishment and began questioning all the workers inside.

By late Friday, all but 10 of the 63 El Balazo workers arrested earlier in the day had been allowed to go home to await future immigration hearings, said Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Virginia Kice.

"Some were released on their own recognizance; others will be subject to electronic monitoring," she said.

On Monday afternoon, nine immigrants, all male, remained in custody. Of those, one is a suspected gang member, one was previously deported, and three are juveniles thought to be in the country without parental supervision, Kice said. The remaining four "were offered an opportunity to be released but refused to cooperate with the electronic monitoring," Kice said.

The juveniles include two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old, who have been turned over to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Kice said. No criminal charges have been filed, though the investigation into operations at the 11 El Balazo restaurants continues, Kice said.

"Our official statement is that the investigation is ongoing, and we will go where the evidence leads us," she said.

The chain’s founding owner, Marino Sandoval, a Pleasanton resident, could not be reached for comment Monday. Many of his restaurants reopened over the weekend, while others remained closed after the raids.

Sandoval, who was born in Mexico, moved to Alameda with his family when he was a toddler. After working in his brother-in-law’s San Francisco sandwich shop, he opened his first deli, which he called the Golden Gate Flyer, in 1976 in the Financial District, using money from the sale of his first house. In 1981, he sold the business to his brother and began working for Sysco food corporation.

Twelve years later, he opened the first El Balazo on Haight Street in San Francisco. In a 2005 interview with the Times, Sandoval said that the name El Balazo, which means "the gunshot" in Spanish, had been aimed to impart speedy food service. El Balazo instantly gained a reputation for its authentic flavors and fast delivery.

Sandoval, who had moved to Danville with his wife, Nicole, in 1988, leveraged the restaurant’s popularity to expand to the East Bay suburbs, opening Nicole’s Diner in 1995 in San Ramon. The following year, Sandoval opened a second El Balazo on Market Street in San Ramon. That was followed by El Balazo openings in 1998 in Danville and in 1999 in Pleasanton. In 2005, the couple opened a second El Balazo in Pleasanton.

All of the El Balazo restaurants operate out of leased space.

In March 2007, Internal Revenue Service agents served search warrants at several El Balazo restaurants. Because the affidavits were sealed, the IRS would not disclose the reason for the searches.

What great food. They did not have anything like that where I grew up. :D

Can't say I ever ate there, but it looks like your old boss has become a major figure in the opposition to ICE raids in the Bay Area.

[Contra Costa Times (May 6, 2008)SAN FRANCISCO] — Jose Luis Sanchez was a veteran cook at El Balazo, working at the popular Bay Area taqueria chain for eight years before a Friday immigration raid ended his career and left his family’s future uncertain. "My kids are sad," said the 32-year-old San Pablo resident, one of 63 illegal immigrants employed by the 11-restaurant chain who were arrested Friday by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "They want to know if they’re going to send me to Mexico."

With an electronic surveillance bracelet attached indefinitely to his ankle, Sanchez contemplated his future Monday afternoon outside the Sansome Street high-rise building that is home to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Office of Detention and Removal Operations. As he spoke, a few hundred people marched up and down the sidewalk, protesting last week’s raids on the restaurants.

"A lot of our municipalities are feeling these are improper invasions," said state Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco, who joined the Monday afternoon protest. She said that the raids violate San Francisco’s desire to be a "safe haven community" for undocumented immigrants.

Advocates said the raids affected families throughout the Bay Area. The Rev. William McGarvey, pastor of the Community Presbyterian Church in Pittsburg, said he was worried that the raids would send families "further underground," eroding their relationships with local institutions.

Sanchez, who hails Advertisement from Guadalajara, Mexico, said he was having an ordinary morning Friday when two men and a woman he later assumed were plainclothes agents showed up at the restaurant where he works just off Highway 101 in San Francisco.

"The first one ordered chorizo and eggs," Sanchez said. "The next one ordered a burrito with carne asada. The woman ordered a burrito with beans."

But then the woman, he said, asked for a bathroom key and disappeared. Soon after, Sanchez said, the restaurant was stormed by uniformed agents who closed off the establishment and began questioning all the workers inside.

By late Friday, all but 10 of the 63 El Balazo workers arrested earlier in the day had been allowed to go home to await future immigration hearings, said Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Virginia Kice.

"Some were released on their own recognizance; others will be subject to electronic monitoring," she said.

On Monday afternoon, nine immigrants, all male, remained in custody. Of those, one is a suspected gang member, one was previously deported, and three are juveniles thought to be in the country without parental supervision, Kice said. The remaining four "were offered an opportunity to be released but refused to cooperate with the electronic monitoring," Kice said.

The juveniles include two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old, who have been turned over to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Kice said. No criminal charges have been filed, though the investigation into operations at the 11 El Balazo restaurants continues, Kice said.

"Our official statement is that the investigation is ongoing, and we will go where the evidence leads us," she said.

The chain’s founding owner, Marino Sandoval, a Pleasanton resident, could not be reached for comment Monday. Many of his restaurants reopened over the weekend, while others remained closed after the raids.

Sandoval, who was born in Mexico, moved to Alameda with his family when he was a toddler. After working in his brother-in-law’s San Francisco sandwich shop, he opened his first deli, which he called the Golden Gate Flyer, in 1976 in the Financial District, using money from the sale of his first house. In 1981, he sold the business to his brother and began working for Sysco food corporation.

Twelve years later, he opened the first El Balazo on Haight Street in San Francisco. In a 2005 interview with the Times, Sandoval said that the name El Balazo, which means "the gunshot" in Spanish, had been aimed to impart speedy food service. El Balazo instantly gained a reputation for its authentic flavors and fast delivery.

Sandoval, who had moved to Danville with his wife, Nicole, in 1988, leveraged the restaurant’s popularity to expand to the East Bay suburbs, opening Nicole’s Diner in 1995 in San Ramon. The following year, Sandoval opened a second El Balazo on Market Street in San Ramon. That was followed by El Balazo openings in 1998 in Danville and in 1999 in Pleasanton. In 2005, the couple opened a second El Balazo in Pleasanton.

All of the El Balazo restaurants operate out of leased space.

In March 2007, Internal Revenue Service agents served search warrants at several El Balazo restaurants. Because the affidavits were sealed, the IRS would not disclose the reason for the searches.

Interesting story :o but has ZERO to do with Mexican food in bangkok or even thailand for that matter.

This guy has 10 award winning Mexican restauraunts in the Bay Area and an eye for the ladies. He has been in the business for 30 years. I am going to contact him about opening one in Bangkok and if he agrees, we will all be happy.

Is that relevant enough? :o

This guy has 10 award winning Mexican restauraunts in the Bay Area and an eye for the ladies. He has been in the business for 30 years. I am going to contact him about opening one in Bangkok and if he agrees, we will all be happy.

No.

Why don't you start a poll on the subject?

Regarding that other poll in the other thread, for some reason I can vote for a restaurant in Bkk, but I don't want to vote for one and Pattaya or Chiang Mai so I leave them blank, as would be the natural thing to do but....

Problem is when I leave the upcountry section blank (cause I have no favorites) .. an error message appears.

Perhaps "other" would be appropriate but that conveys a sense that another restaurant not listed is my favorite when in fact I don't want to vote in the section at all. I think the OP should re-work his poll. If it's too confusing then just start a seperate one in each city on here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone here keep mentioning all the trendy places to go that have absolutely nothing Mexican about them? I can only commend on Sunrise Tacos from other's comments because they have actually made a salsa worth note for once in Thailand, but all those other places... including Bourbon Street's weekly mexican buffet....... wow....... somebody must be mistaking apples for oranges.

By far the best place I have encountered for quality Mexican food, and even a live Mariachi band (with Mexicans!) on weekends, is Senior Pico inside the Rembrandt Hotel. Not many people have even heard of it, but the restaurant is worth night out. Last time I went in their they even had a beautiful selection of tequilas (which I have never seen in Thailand before) such as Cabo Wabo, Patron Gold, Patron Silver, Patron Green, El Jimador, Don Julio, etc. Moreover, the margaritas are almost excellent.

Give it a try on a Friday or Saturday night. I think they even have a website linked somewhere from the hotel's website. Give me comments if anybody goes. I would like to know how they are holding up.

I think this is mostly in their minds.

In fact I bet zero of them actually open.

I have to give Senor Pico (as mentioned above) a try, but to be frank, I have not been able to find anything even approaching true Mexican or even TexMex food in Thailand. To my tastes, the Thai approximations of Mexican food don't even taste good. (A local version can taste good in its own right, such as Bostonian Italian food--not really Italian, but pretty darn tastey.)

I leave for Chicago this week where I will fill myself on steak and all things beef (with maybe a couple hotdogs thrown in), then it is off to San Diego for three days where I will dine splendidly on Mexican food.

Do any Bangkok stores even sell decent tortillas?  I can make a nice carne asada or fajitas even with the beef here, so if I could get decent tortillas, I could make an adequate Mexican taco-type meal.

Why does everyone here keep mentioning all the trendy places to go that have absolutely nothing Mexican about them? I can only commend on Sunrise Tacos from other's comments because they have actually made a salsa worth note for once in Thailand, but all those other places... including Bourbon Street's weekly mexican buffet....... wow....... somebody must be mistaking apples for oranges.

By far the best place I have encountered for quality Mexican food, and even a live Mariachi band (with Mexicans!) on weekends, is Senior Pico inside the Rembrandt Hotel. Not many people have even heard of it, but the restaurant is worth night out. Last time I went in their they even had a beautiful selection of tequilas (which I have never seen in Thailand before) such as Cabo Wabo, Patron Gold, Patron Silver, Patron Green, El Jimador, Don Julio, etc. Moreover, the margaritas are almost excellent.

Give it a try on a Friday or Saturday night. I think they even have a website linked somewhere from the hotel's website. Give me comments if anybody goes. I would like to know how they are holding up.

Actually many people have heard of Senor Picos. It was one of the first Mexican restaurants in Bangkok. I have been there 4 times, the first 3 times thinking I must have hit it on a (another) bad day. The 4th time I went I was finally conviced that it just plain scuks. They put a ton of sugar in the all the sauces (enchillada sauce, taco sauce, you name it sauce) and it ruins all the food. Mariachi bands, an extensive tequila selection, nice atmosphere and the rest are all pretty useless if the food is lousy, and Pico's food is lousy.

I have to give Senor Pico (as mentioned above) a try, but to be frank, I have not been able to find anything even approaching true Mexican or even TexMex food in Thailand. To my tastes, the Thai approximations of Mexican food don't even taste good. (A local version can taste good in its own right, such as Bostonian Italian food--not really Italian, but pretty darn tastey.)

I leave for Chicago this week where I will fill myself on steak and all things beef (with maybe a couple hotdogs thrown in), then it is off to San Diego for three days where I will dine splendidly on Mexican food.

Do any Bangkok stores even sell decent tortillas? I can make a nice carne asada or fajitas even with the beef here, so if I could get decent tortillas, I could make an adequate Mexican taco-type meal.

Seeing as your going to be in San Diego, pick up a few dozen Guerrero brand tortillas, and then stop by smart and final and get a gallon of salsa tapatio. That should take care of your cravings for a while when you return. It is amazing how just good tortillas and some good mexican salsa makes a huge difference.

"By far the best place I have encountered for quality Mexican food, and even a live Mariachi band (with Mexicans!) on weekends, is Senior Pico inside the Rembrandt Hotel. Not many people have even heard of it, but the restaurant is worth night out."

The reason that nobody has mentioned Senor Pico's is because the food there isn't good either. It has somehow been around for at least 10 years. I would agree that the music is usually pretty good though...

Sadly, there isn't a restaurant in BKK that I could give the title, "Best Mexican Food in BKK". Plenty of other good food to eat there, so I don't waste my time.

Flour and corn tortillas are easy to find... I believe I've seen various versions of the "Mission" brand... And a local company, Danitas, also makes theirs.... Generally available in Villa markets and some of the other international oriented places around BKK...

It is impossible to find genuine Mexican food in Bangkok. I should know because I grew up in El Grande Pantalone in the Rio Durani Durani.

The only way to make real burritos is like they used to do back on 53rd and 4th on Lexington Boulevard just past Snaggletooth Jim's moonshine stall. I hear they sold up. sad. I used to steal cutlery from them every day of my working life until I died.

And then I went to heaven, and guess what? They ain't got no ginuwine Mexican food there neither! dam_n guacamole on their chimichangas!