Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Best Mexican Food In Bangkok

dotcom

I've sent the owner of Tacos and Salsa a personal note, asking him when, exactly, he'll be closing the current restaurant, and relocating...

I want to visit T & S, possibly Wednesday... and I'd hate to walk from the BTS to the restaurant, only to find it closed...

Take care, all,

Pawpcorn

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent the owner of Tacos and Salsa a personal note, asking him when, exactly, he'll be closing the current restaurant, and relocating...

I want to visit T & S, possibly Wednesday... and I'd hate to walk from the BTS to the restaurant, only to find it closed...

Take care, all,

Pawpcorn

Hi, no worries,

We will open the all wee and we planing to move, prior confirmation in few months, since that we are still in negotiations

As i mention in your email, i am normally there in the evening, so, I hope to see you there.

Best regards

Jorge

Ordered 25 Tamales from Jorge at Tacos and Salsa last week and took delivery a few days ago, they were all pork. Excellent! His Mexican is a blesing to this thread and I hope will end the endless debate, lol. It is authentic, not tex-mex or cal-tex but mexiacan. Jorge is a good guy as well, very personable, cannot wait until he gets more space (small location now) and he ia planning on adding new items to his menu. Give this a try for Real Mexican food!

Jorge - work a deal for better parking please right next door

Hi dear friends,

I would like to share with all of you the following links, showing what is Tamales and Pozole, and how to eat them, plus an explanation of what is "5 de Mayo". making clear that it is not the celebration of the Mexican independence day and other restaurants are promoting in order to sale.

Any way, I hope to see you there tomorrow, there will not be a big party, just as usual service plus the inclusion of this to very special dishes from Mexico.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pozole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pozole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamale

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_mayo

Best regards

Jorge

post-73993-1241437564_thumb.jpg

post-73993-1241437651_thumb.jpg

Is there a country in the world that does not have either a holiday or a monument commemorating a victory over the French?

I thought it was just the UK until I came to Thailand and saw Victory Monument and now we find that the Mexicans have a holiday!

Is there a country in the world that does not have either a holiday or a monument commemorating a victory over the French?

I thought it was just the UK until I came to Thailand and saw Victory Monument and now we find that the Mexicans have a holiday!

Well, in Mexico is not a official holiday, it is just a civic commemoration of that battle, since that there were also the one against Spain (Independence day) Austria, and USA lol, what would be next.

Any way, now it is just a good excuse for a party, which is good !

Well, in Mexico is not a official holiday, it is just a civic commemoration of that battle, since that there were also the one against Spain (Independence day) Austria, and USA lol, what would be next.

Any way, now it is just a good excuse for a party, which is good !

Anyway, we should don't mention such tragic events and keep the topic about Mexican food

Have a nice long weekend (once again) :)

post-73993-1241688163_thumb.jpg

SUNRISE does a decent enough burrito, all quite fresh and tasty.

Not the best I ever ate but by far the best I have ever had in Asia.

They also had some peach desserts on the menu recently, and while not Mexican at all, were quite lovely and fresh.

The branch in EMPORIUM is quiet, small and nice with pleasant service.

CYOTE? That is just not Mexican food by any stretch..and last time I went one of my party had violent food poisoning!

Today, one year ago Tacos & Salsa open to public for the very first time.

I am so happy an proud of it, so I wanna share with you this moment and invite you a drink on Saturday.

Jorge

T&S :)

Congratulations! I still haven't made it to your restaurant, but I hope to shortly. Best of luck in the future.

Today, one year ago Tacos & Salsa open to public for the very first time.

I am so happy an prod of is, so I wanna share with you this moment and invite you a drink on Saturday.

J

T&S

Congratulations Jorge, I will drop by for a drink and some great enchiladas. Everyone should know your margaritas are killer! Quite strong!

There's only 2 places in the world to get good Mexican food...Mexico and Southern California,and I've lived in both places.

Ive tried all the places mentioned here and agree with previous poster...all are rubbish.

Sunrise Tasos is the best of the bad,but they use crap ingredients,gives killer heartburn(which I get nowhere else) and they are way overpriced.

Coyotes...a joke,,,horrid food,but good drink

Bourbon Street...quantity not quality on tuesdays

But if you wanna get the best here in BKK hit up Taco's and Salsa.I stumbled across it on accident on the soi across from Little Italy on Suk.

It is really good for thailand...free chips,3 types of salsas,decent guacamole.good tamales....all in all I would call this a hidden gem in BKK.

Suggestions to owner as I see he posts here...

bigger portions esp. burritos and chips

authentic soft asada tacos con radishes and limon

Negra Modelo and Bohemia cerveza

Ropa Vieja

I would never eat elsewhere!

Mamacitas on Sukhumvit Soi 15, behind the Dream Inn, is doing a nice job.

Small shop run by a lady that lived in Mexico. Some out of the ordinary dishes she serves up. Had some excellent Tortilla Soup last week. Just delicious.

Check em out.

There's only 2 places in the world to get good Mexican food...Mexico and Southern California,and I've lived in both places.

Ive tried all the places mentioned here and agree with previous poster...all are rubbish.

Sunrise Tasos is the best of the bad,but they use crap ingredients,gives killer heartburn(which I get nowhere else) and they are way overpriced.

Coyotes...a joke,,,horrid food,but good drink

Bourbon Street...quantity not quality on tuesdays

But if you wanna get the best here in BKK hit up Taco's and Salsa.I stumbled across it on accident on the soi across from Little Italy on Suk.

It is really good for thailand...free chips,3 types of salsas,decent guacamole.good tamales....all in all I would call this a hidden gem in BKK.

Suggestions to owner as I see he posts here...

bigger portions esp. burritos and chips

authentic soft asada tacos con radishes and limon

Negra Modelo and Bohemia cerveza

Ropa Vieja

I would never eat elsewhere!

Dear Monsterzero,

Thank you for your comment and I am glad you like the food.

I would just like to clarify something for our friends and costumers.

Even if I wish, for the moment we don't have "Negra Modelo" and "Bohemia" beers as well as "Ropa vieja"

But I am working to include some new dishes to the menu.

"Tacos al Pastor" are already a regular in the menu as well as "tamales" and soon I will make weekends special "Pozole" and "Caldo de camaron"

Our Margaritas are so far the best, and I am already compare them wit the other and one of the keys is that we use only a 100% agave azul Tequila of a brad that I know exist in Mexico and not the cheap crap made of alcohol y "tequila essence" that the other use.

I Tacos & Salsa we are very concern about the quality and always keep the authentic Mexican (from Mexico) flavour, some thing that you don get visiting website or living for a short period of time Mexico.

Food in Mexico is a family tradition and we grow up always seeing mum cooking and follow here to the market every day to select the ingredients for the day food, and I am proud of it :)

So, Thank a lot and I hope to see you again soon

Best regards

Jorge

T&S

Mexico yes.

Socal yes.

Nowhere else in the US? You have got to be kidding.

Northern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas...

I've had pretty good Mexican in Utah and New York too. :D Seriously.

But generally speaking I've found the Mexican food in the USA gets worse the farther you move from the border :D From San Antonio, where 55% of the population is of Mexican descent, south to the border is my favourite region for Mexican food outings outside of Mexico. But even there it's not quite up to real Mexican standards, flavour-wise IMO. Esp al pastor and barbacoa, which when made in the traditional Mexican ways are illegal in most US states. So the cooking methods have changed. The tortillas don't taste right either. And the menus all feature the same 15 antojitos - where are the main courses?

In Thailand the biggest problem as I see it is also the tortillas. Too heavy, wrong corn, etc. I don't know where Tacos and Salsa get their tortillas but they taste about right. :)

Mamacitas on Sukhumvit Soi 15, behind the Dream Inn, is doing a nice job.

Small shop run by a lady that lived in Mexico. Some out of the ordinary dishes she serves up. Had some excellent Tortilla Soup last week. Just delicious.

Check em out.

It's on my list to visit soon.

Wow !

One year already lol

Last night a group of new costumers asked me for a Sangria, which is not in the menu, but i did made it for them. And what I got was a big jug of a fresh Sangria, at the end of the night the got three jugs, so I will include it asap in the menu, come and try it.

Salud !

Mexico yes.

Socal yes.

I've had pretty good Mexican in Utah and New York too.

Believe it or not...there is a Mexican Consulate in of all places: Omaha, Nebraska. And the consulate is a free standing new structure, not some hole in the wall one desk office. Huge Mexican population in Omaha and the rest of the Midwest.

The last time I was there I had some unbelievable great Mexican food. I qualify that statement in the fact that I grew up in California, and have also eaten Mexican food throughout the Southwest U.S.

You guys in Bangkok don't know how good you've got it. Try living in Udon, the only place one can get good Mexican food is my house.

Mexico yes.

Socal yes.

I've had pretty good Mexican in Utah and New York too.

Believe it or not...there is a Mexican Consulate in of all places: Omaha, Nebraska. And the consulate is a free standing new structure, not some hole in the wall one desk office. Huge Mexican population in Omaha and the rest of the Midwest.

The last time I was there I had some unbelievable great Mexican food. I qualify that statement in the fact that I grew up in California, and have also eaten Mexican food throughout the Southwest U.S.

Besides restaurants there are also dozens of Mexican grocery stores in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska.

You guys in Bangkok don't know how good you've got it. Try living in Udon, the only place one can get good Mexican food is my house.

I am agree,

My first Mexican food out side Mexico City was in Chicago, and it was great, just like at home

and across the road of a hotel that i can remember the name, on Sunset strip, just one or two blocks away from the House of Blues in L.A. There,I had one of the best "tacos de carnitas" I ever had, that can be compared of those of "La Negrita" and those ate the fresh markets in Mexico city on Sundays'

And now Thailand is having good Mexican food and we trying to bring the authentic Mexican food here, that can be compared with those that you easily can find in Mexico our in the States.

Cheers

Jorge

T&S

Mexico yes.

Socal yes.

Who said that there are only two places in the world to get good Mexican food.....Mexico and Southern California. I am insulted!

A bit of history: At one time (around 1820) in Mexico there was a place called Tejas (eventually became Texas).

It was in Tejas that Mexican food was developed. Before that the so-called Mexican food was more like Chinese food.

Farmers in Tejas introduced all the now popular Mexican chiles and dishes; they actually did not come from Mexico.

Later, the famous Tejas-Mex food spread to other parts of the USA and abroad. This is true :D I read it in Texas history class. Really.....no kidding........ :D:)

Mexico yes.

Socal yes.

Who said that there are only two places in the world to get good Mexican food.....Mexico and Southern California. I am insulted!

A bit of history: At one time (around 1820) in Mexico there was a place called Tejas (eventually became Texas).

It was in Tejas that Mexican food was developed. Before that the so-called Mexican food was more like Chinese food.

Farmers in Tejas introduced all the now popular Mexican chiles and dishes; they actually did not come from Mexico.

Later, the famous Tejas-Mex food spread to other parts of the USA and abroad. This is true :D I read it in Texas history class. Really.....no kidding........ :D:)

Sorry,

But is completely wrong

"Mexican food was more like Chinese food"?

"Mexican chiles and dishes; they actually did not come from Mexico"?

Please do not take wrong bur I think that should really do a research about the topic before make those statements.

at least simply "google" "Mexican food" "Cocina Mexicana" or "Mexican cuisine"

at least read a bit the what "wikipedia" say for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_cuisine

"When conquistadores arrived in the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City), they found that the people's diet consisted largely of corn-based dishes with chiles and herbs, usually complemented with beans and tomatoes or nopales. The conquistadores eventually combined their imported diet of rice, beef, pork, chicken, wine, garlic and onions with the native indigenous foods of pre-Columbian Mexico, including chocolate, maize, huitlacoche, tomato, vanilla, avocado, guava, papaya, sapote, mamey, pineapple, soursop, jicama, chile pepper, beans, squash, sweet potato, peanut, achiote, turkey and a local variety of fish."

Cheers

Jorge

Mexico yes.

Socal yes.

Sorry,

But is completely wrong

"Mexican food was more like Chinese food"?

"Mexican chiles and dishes; they actually did not come from Mexico"?

Please do not take wrong bur I think that should really do a research about the topic before make those statements.

at least simply "google" "Mexican food" "Cocina Mexicana" or "Mexican cuisine"

at least read a bit the what "wikipedia" say for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_cuisine

"When conquistadores arrived in the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City), they found that the people's diet consisted largely of corn-based dishes with chiles and herbs, usually complemented with beans and tomatoes or nopales. The conquistadores eventually combined their imported diet of rice, beef, pork, chicken, wine, garlic and onions with the native indigenous foods of pre-Columbian Mexico, including chocolate, maize, huitlacoche, tomato, vanilla, avocado, guava, papaya, sapote, mamey, pineapple, soursop, jicama, chile pepper, beans, squash, sweet potato, peanut, achiote, turkey and a local variety of fish."

Cheers

Jorge

I was joking Jorge.......but I think you know that. :D

I travel alot and no matter where I go some local is raving on about their local Mexican eatery,and 99% of the time its just above Kee-Kwai on the totem pole of life.Fact is anyone who says good Mexican food can be found outside Mexico and SoCal is more than likely NOT from Mexico or SoCal and doesnt know any better.I stand by my original observation.S.Cal and Mexico(same place in reality) are the only 2 spots for good Mexican food.

Someone said Texas...you're kidding right?Tex-Mex is NOT Mexican food!All my friends up and moved to Austin a few years ago and the only thing they miss about L.A. is the Mexican food!

On Samui there's a place that serves up "mexican" food and they spice the meat with curry!

But as far as BKK goes T&S is the best.Jorge is doing a good job and I ate there 3 times last week(yup I miss home)...

Jorge...no Bohemia or Negra Modelo I can understand but por que no Ropa vieja...Mi gusto mak-mak!

Edited by monsterzero