Best Mexican Food In Bangkok

dotcom

Fact is anyone who says good Mexican food can be found outside Mexico and SoCal is more than likely NOT from Mexico or SoCal and doesnt know any better.I stand by my original observation.S.Cal and Mexico(same place in reality) are the only 2 spots for good Mexican food.

Mexican food in Northern California and Southern California is pretty much the same, so that proves that you are not worth listening to without even going into any other places. :)

Don't recall reading that I needed to include a complete travel itinerary prior to posting...guess the phrase "I travel alot" wasn't sufficient....thats cool man when you get back to NorCal stop into your local Chevy's and remember ignorance is bliss.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you JR

I hope to see you back soon

Thank you also to every body for your support, we are working hard for to bring you the best Mexican food here in Asia

Remember, today is Saturday and we have a special promotion

Tonight is Sangria's night, come with minimum 4 friends and get a free jug of Sangria with your food order,

also "Pozole" as we will do every Saturday, I am making just small amount in order to keep it always fresh, order one big portion of "Pozole" and get and complementary local beer

I hope to see you there

Jorge

Hola

Sangrias and Margaritas promotions as follows

Get a jug of Margarita or Sangria for groups of every 4 on your order of food

4+ pax 1 jug

8+ pax 2 jugs

12+ pax 3 jugs

14+ pax 4 jugs

16+ pax Already a party so, I will get you a bottle of Tequila

I hope to see you soon

Your nice and attentive waitress did see me Thursday afternoon, but I did not see you.

The food was excellent again.

Fact is anyone who says good Mexican food can be found outside Mexico and SoCal is more than likely NOT from Mexico or SoCal and doesnt know any better.I stand by my original observation.S.Cal and Mexico(same place in reality) are the only 2 spots for good Mexican food.

Mexican food in Northern California and Southern California is pretty much the same, so that proves that you are not worth listening to

ignorance is bliss.

I bet. :)

We are closing the current location and we would like you to celebrate with us the next step and thanks to the Pavilion for ht chance to let us create Tacos & Salsa

Tacos & Salsa Sukhumvit 18

Farewell Latin party

Buffet 350 B 6pm to 9 pm

-Chicken soup

-Pozole

-Taquitos Beef / pork / Chicken / al Pastor / chirozo

-Quesadillas Beef / pork / Chicken / al Pastor / Chorizo

-Alambres Beef / pork / Chicken / al Pastor / Chorizo

-Tamales Beef / pork / Chicken

-Guacamole

-Tortilla chips

-Salsa roja / verde / pico de gallo (red/ green/ fresh)

Dessert

-Flan

-Tamales de piña, (pineapple tamales)

The buffet includes 1 Corona beer, Margarita or any other drink

Corona beer promotion all night long

Buy 2 and get 1 FREE

Corona night ONLY !

Margaritas and cocktails 150 B

Corona 180 B

Latin music all night by

DJ Jorge (Mexico)

Percussion Luis (Colombia)

Vocals Pepi (Chile)

And much more

Join us in this great celebration

post-73993-1246006530_thumb.jpg

Dear friends and costumers,

Tacos & Salsa will be close for this wee and re-open next week,

I hope to see you there and party again. We are working for to get you a much better place for you comfort, you will be happy about this.

Warm regards

Jorge Bernal

Tacos & Salsa

• 2 weeks later...
Dear friends and costumers,

Tacos & Salsa will be close for this wee and re-open next week,

I hope to see you there and party again. We are working for to get you a much better place for you comfort, you will be happy about this.

Warm regards

Jorge Bernal

Tacos & Salsa

Hi Jorge - is your new location open yet?

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that we will be ready to open from tomorrow and the official opening party will be on Saturday 18th from 7 pm. The Mexican Ambassador will honour us coming and present the new Tacos & Salsa.

I hope to see you there

Saludos !

Jorge B.

Tacos & Salsa

www.myspace.com/tacosandsalsabkk

:)

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that we will be ready to open from tomorrow and the official opening party will be on Saturday 18th from 7 pm. The Mexican Ambassador will honour us coming and present the new Tacos & Salsa.

I hope to see you there

Saludos !

Jorge B.

Tacos & Salsa

www.myspace.com/tacosandsalsabkk

:)

I'm hungry...........

The NEW Tacos & Salsa is located on the main road of Sukhumvit, between Soi 22 and Queen's park, next to Emporium and walking distance from the BTS station of Prongpong.

tSmap.jpg

The re-opening party will be also our fist anniversary party, so expect a great event. So, come over and enjoy our our excellent quality and taste food, that, I can promise... it it just 100 % Mexican, so, please avoid imitations :D

Salud amigos ! !

Jorge T&S

I wish I could make Saturday's grand opening, but I'll be out of town. Hope to catch you Thursday or Fiday - Good luck! :)

Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for your support

Tacos & Salsa is open in it's new location, 422 Sukhumvit road, from 11am to 12am every day. The new home of the real Mexican food is located at the front of the Washington square where, you will find a safety and bid parking area available. The fee for the parking is 30B per hour, but if you come to the restaurant you will get a stamp that gives you 1 hour for free.

We are planing more event every week and we will be happy to let you know, in the mean time....

-Every day Happy hour all local Beer and Margaritas for 69 B ONLY ! and you will get a complementary tortilla chips with salsa or 2 Taquitos, from 3 pm to 7 pm ! !

-Every Friday night, come wit your friends minimum 4 and every +4 and you will get a free big jug of Margaritas (8 glasses) with your food order

-Every Saturday evening we will have a special buffet of tacos al pastor, taquitos (beef / pork / chicken), plus Pozole, all you can eat for 350 B, which also include salsa, refried beans, Mexican rice and Guacamole !

-Every Sunday, is Sundays' tacos, buy an order of taquitos or tacos (beef /pork / chicken /prawns / fish / vegetarian) for 199 B and get one local beer or Margarita, plus a portion of our special Mexican prawn soup (Caldo de camaron) for FREE !

Our breakfast dishes are available all day and night and 90% of our dishes can be vegetarian

Also remember that our food is available for take away and delivery service by www.chefsxp.com every day from 11am till 12am

I hope to see you soon.

As for tacos al pastor in Thai language as "taquitos mou deang" ;-)

Best regards

Jorge Bernal

Tacos & Salsa

I went with JF Chandler today - and the food that was served was day and night from what I was served the first time - as some of you will recall I complained about skimpy portions of very white beef.

Tonight was completely different - the portions were decent size - I tried the Tacos Al Pastor, a pork quesadilla, and a beef taco - and all were good value for money. Only the margaritas seemed a bit pricey - but as we went during happy hour I can't complain about the price of that either. Guacamole and chips was also quite good - JF had the tostadas and a side of frijoles.

However - the margaritas were charged at 75 baht (not 69 as indicated above) - and no chips or taquitos came for free - we were there at 4 pm. But overall there seems to be a marked improvement.

Well done, Jorge :)

Last time I was there at the old location, I had soft tacos, but the tortillas were deep fried.

Can I have the tortilla not fried?

Love the flavors. As OT and JFC mentioned, portions were small. Salsa excellent.

Food was good, but not hot/spicy enough for my taste buds. You should have some habaneros on stand-by for some of us who like it really, really hot :)

Indeed, OT and I stopped by yesterday for a late lunch, and my ordered tostadas dish and side order of frijoles were quite tasty... No complaints about those...

However, after my first visit to the new location, I do have some quibbles....

1. Being a big/tall guy, I wasn't too excited about finding my only option for sitting being on tiny, low wooden stools, which seem to be the new setup for all the downstairs tables. By comparison, the outdoor seats at the old location, and by far, the indoor seats in the adjoining Indian place, were much more pleasant/comfortable.

2. Asked about the availability of fish tacos and/or shrimp tacos, and got the answer of NO HAVE... That, despite me spotting a flyer on the wall inside advertising shrimp tacos. At the former location, Jorge hosted me once for a delicious order of fish tacos.... Sure like to have those again sometime...

3. For reasons that escape me, our original pair of mango margaritas arrived in a kind of largish shot glass, even though there were clearly regular margarita glasses sitting behind the counter. That and the drinks served did seem to be a bit light on tequila....

4. Lastly, T&S in the past has had on offer spicier versions of their red and green salsas for those of us who like them a bit hotter. And those hotter ones are quite good. Asked for those on Monday, and got only a tiny cup of the green, and none of the red. Asked about the red, and answer... NO HAVE.

PS - As OT noted, we weren't offered the happy hour specials Jorge mentioned in his TV post today...maybe because we were there the day before. We were offered the regular two drinks for one Happy Hour special listed on the printed menu. PPS - Jorge wasn't around during the time of our visit, so we were just dealing with his waitress and waiter.

Indeed, OT and I stopped by yesterday for a late lunch, and my ordered tostadas dish and side order of frijoles were quite tasty... No complaints about those...

However, after my first visit to the new location, I do have some quibbles....

1. Being a big/tall guy, I wasn't too excited about finding my only option for sitting being on tiny, low wooden stools, which seem to be the new setup for all the downstairs tables. By comparison, the outdoor seats at the old location, and by far, the indoor seats in the adjoining Indian place, were much more pleasant/comfortable.

Well John, as you know most Mexicans and Thais are not as tall as you - I suggest you slouch.

2. Asked about the availability of fish tacos and/or shrimp tacos, and got the answer of NO HAVE... That, despite me spotting a flyer on the wall inside advertising shrimp tacos. At the former location, Jorge hosted me once for a delicious order of fish tacos.... Sure like to have those again sometime...

Take it from me, seafood is always fresher in the morning, the waitress was doing you a favor.

3. For reasons that escape me, our original pair of mango margaritas arrived in a kind of largish shot glass, even though there were clearly regular margarita glasses sitting behind the counter. That and the drinks served did seem to be a bit light on tequila....

Easy to solve the last point John, just order two more.

4. Lastly, T&S in the past has had on offer spicier versions of their red and green salsas for those of us who like them a bit hotter. And those hotter ones are quite good. Asked for those on Monday, and got only a tiny cup of the green, and none of the red. Asked about the red, and answer... NO HAVE.

If you come for a late lunch and all the fresh red salsa is gone, what does that tell you mate?

PS - As OT noted, we weren't offered the happy hour specials Jorge mentioned in his TV post today...maybe because we were there the day before. We were offered the regular two drinks for one Happy Hour special listed on the printed menu. PPS - Jorge wasn't around during the time of our visit, so we were just dealing with his waitress and waiter.

Well if you think the waiter was confused, I need a drink just to try to comprehend what you are talking about in the PS section.

JK :)

James, I thought long and hard how to best respond to your silly, pointless comments above. And I decided to respond with the level of retort that they deserve.

And to think it took you 10 mins to come up with this. Good work mate. :)

But my comments weren't pointless, you need to read between the lines...don't go through life blaming others for you being so darn tall. those were the cards you were given. life's tough. Now go have a marg and relax, don't want you to get all stressed about the wrong coloured salsa. :D

James, Jorge is a good restaurateur with a sincere interest in improving his business....

You're obviously not... So even if you don't get it, others will... It has nothing to do with my height.

As a restaurateur, you strive to make your customers comfortable, so they and others will want to keep coming back... You want to have available the menu items that you specifically advertise.... You try not to run out of stock items that are a regular part of your repertoire. And so on...

Wake up and smell the salsa....

James, Jorge is a good restaurateur with a sincere interest in improving his business....

You're obviously not... So even if you don't get it, others will... It has nothing to do with my height.

As a restaurateur, you strive to make your customers comfortable, so they and others will want to keep coming back... You want to have available the menu items that you specifically advertise.... You try not to run out of stock items that are a regular part of your repertoire. And so on...

You know.......it is not easy to move a business (even if it is down the street a few blocks) and get all the logistics right. Give Jorge some time..........

You know.......it is not easy to move a business (even if it is down the street a few blocks) and get all the logistics right. Give Jorge some time..........

That doesn't make any sense - if moving down the street a few blocks, does one change the fishmonger? Or the fresh market?

I was lucky - they had everything I wanted to try. I did think not having the fish tacos was a bit strange - but no red peppers? And the tostadas - JF asked to change from chicken to pork, the waiter said "cannot". But he did get the tostadas in the end, not sure what meat he ended up with.

My next trip, I'm going to test out an all-beef burrito and see how that goes...

John I am sure Jorge is a good restauranteur, however my point was he just opened, maybe has a few wrinkles to iron out.

Perhaps a PM to Jorge with your issues may have been more appropriate - if as you say - your concern is to offer him your constructive thoughts. Pointing out a few little 'growing pains' on the public forum first without speaking to him directly seems a bit...anyways.

The height thing was a joke..don't be so serious mate.

I can see by the postings, the owner is putting in a good effort, is excited about his enterprise and aims to please.

What more can you ask for? A few growing pains is expected. Not easy doing business here.

I will be checking it out soon.

Congrats on the new location.

Just for balance, I went to Sunrise Tacos in the Emporium - and ordered a normal burrito, with guacamole.

When it arrived - it was huge - had I ordered the giant size, I would never have been able to finish it.

The price was 199 for the burrito, 99 for guacamole, 10% service and 7% tax - total about 350 baht. Had I ordered that in the US and paid $10 for it, I would've been plenty happy. For Thailand, that's slightly pricey, but I had no complaints, it was a very nice burrito.