Looking For A Source For Flour

mouse

If you know of any business that can provide me with a large quantity of flour for the purpose of baking bread please provide me with a phone number or email. For the frist shipment lookign for at least 500 kg.

PM me if you any lead have information. Thanks in advance for your help

Friend of mine has started to make bread and needs some help getting supllies together. He is great. Bread, Cake, Cookies no matter what. A Bakery Meister and in my opinion he has earned the title. Needs t the source of 500kg of FLOUR and some other things that he would will likely find from the same source. Let me know guys. Of course evertything is in the quality and price per Kg. :o

There are any number of Bakery Supply shops around. I know of at least two in Khon Kaen, if you are in Esarn. There will be one or more in every city. They will all sell flour by the sack, either 20, 25, 30 or 50 Kg depending on the type of flour.

Your friend will have to make the choice himself however, because he will need to specify the "Strength" of flour he needs. No generic wheat flour is good for baking everything. Cakes generally require quite a low gluten flour, whereas most breads will need a high gluten flour.

If he is a true Master Baker, he will know all this anyway. Just take him to a bakery supply house and provide a good translator, if his Thai is not fluent.

Try Macro in Nakorn Sawan, if you dont know where it is PM me, not sure if there is one in Kampeng Pet

Thanks everyone that gives me enough clues and he should be off to a running start. This German Bakery Meister (rather his wife once trained) will later offer varied types of bread and other things on the net for delivery within Thailand. I will keep you posted.

I know this will sound a little stupid at first, but read on.

Go to the supermarket and buy a 1kg bag.

On that is the contact details of the supplier.

Give them a call direct!!

Already did that and even when buying large qauntities the price remains the same, in some cases it costs even less to buy per kg. Someday I will figure this out. :o

Mouse try this link there are a few flour mills on it, I use it looking for feed companies

http://www.business-in-asia.com/th_starch.html

Most of them are around BKK, and you would prpbably have to buy by the lorry load!!

Most of the bigger animal feed mills are'nt that interested in selling to individual farms either, and I have my own lorry and buy about 12 ton a month!!