Man Gets Death For Killing Police Officer

george

Man gets death for killing police officer

The man who assaulted a junior traffic policeman and battered him to death during a street brawl was yesterday condemned to death, while his five companions were each given a six-year sentence.

The Criminal Court judges presiding over the case said they found the police investigation report convincing and believed that Krissada Nawong had killed Pol Sgt-Major Weera Sri-ood of Sutthisarn police station with a baseball bat on the night of July 21. The victim was trying to break up a scuffle and arrest Krissada and the other five defendants on Vibhavadi Rangsit road.

The five defendants are Somchai, Joe, Arthit, Too and Kittiphong, who all carry the Nawong surname. Somchai's sentence was extended by two months and Joe by a year because they both have previous criminal records. Kittiphong's six-year term was reduced to four because he is not 20 yet.

The case said the six defendants were at the scene to get a mobile phone back from Phiman Sennok, the man attacking when Weera arrived. He tried to stop the scuffle and make arrests, but ended up having to chase the defendants on his motorcycle with Phiman, armed a baseball bat, riding pillion.

Weera managed to grab a hold of Krissada before the other five started assaulting him. Three people, including Phiman, witnessed Krissada batter Weera with the baseball bat striking his head many times - injuries that led to his death according to the autopsy report. The other defendants were also seen hitting and stomping on Weera while he was down.

-- The Nation 2008-09-30

The man who assaulted a junior traffic policeman and battered him to death during a street brawl was yesterday condemned to death, while his five companions were each given a six-year sentence.

The Criminal Court judges presiding over the case said they found the police investigation report convincing and believed that Krissada Nawong had killed Pol Sgt-Major Weera Sri-ood of Sutthisarn police station with a baseball bat on the night of July 21. The victim was trying to break up a scuffle and arrest Krissada and the other five defendants on Vibhavadi Rangsit road.

The five defendants are Somchai, Joe, Arthit, Too and Kittiphong, who all carry the Nawong surname. Somchai's sentence was extended by two months and Joe by a year because they both have previous criminal records. Kittiphong's six-year term was reduced to four because he is not 20 yet.

The case said the six defendants were at the scene to get a mobile phone back from Phiman Sennok, the man attacking when Weera arrived. He tried to stop the scuffle and make arrests, but ended up having to chase the defendants on his motorcycle with Phiman, armed a baseball bat, riding pillion.

Weera managed to grab a hold of Krissada before the other five started assaulting him. Three people, including Phiman, witnessed Krissada batter Weera with the baseball bat striking his head many times - injuries that led to his death according to the autopsy report. The other defendants were also seen hitting and stomping on Weera while he was down.

-- The Nation 2008-09-30

So this murder happened in July, and the trial has been held and sentences passed already.

Seemingly justice can move quickly in Thailand when those in charge require it :o

Anyone hear what is happening in Pai?

-- The Nation 2008-09-30

So this murder happened in July, and the trial has been held and sentences passed already.

Seemingly justice can move quickly in Thailand when those in charge require it :o

Exactly what I was thinking. If these guys in BKK are guilty then good riddance.

But as you say what about Pai?? Where's Andrew Drummond when you need him?

-- The Nation 2008-09-30

Last guy killed a cop is now a government aide. And is on a meteoric rise to the top in the Army. Sub Lieutenant to Major in 4 months. Helps if your Dad is famous though, I suppose the man in the report was not connected

Last guy killed a cop is now a government aide. And is on a meteoric rise to the top in the Army. Sub Lieutenant to Major in 4 months. Helps if your Dad is famous though, I suppose the man in the report was not connected

good observation, prefabs. I mean that sincerely. It still sticks in my craw that Chalerm's youngest son is not only free as a bird, but climbing the ladder to ever-fatter positions. Not one of the many eyewitnesses had the bravery or sense of what's right - to tell the truth about what happened that night. Every one of them are cowards and lower than cess pool scum.

And there was never any mention of the high brass military man who harbored the murder suspect in his house for a few days after, and likely enabled him to run and hide across the border. Indeed, there's no law in Thailand against harboring a fugitive - a Thai lawyer told me that.

-- The Nation 2008-09-30

Yep my eng is not so good but a hope foks understand me.

So after he Killed the two Canadian outside Ting Tong Bar .

He was Arrested and put in Jail for a WEEK yes you read rigth .

He also was DRUNK under that nigth and not working at all.

His Job is in Mae Hong Song as Traffik Police.

The Good thing is he Lost his job but the weapon a dont know what happen with that.

How a now all this is a have been there for 2 years now and have many freinds there and a didt know he was the man

but a have also been takink a few beers with the Man.

The Trial will newer happen , he q his jobb and free from Murder.

Am sorry too the Family too this , am realy sorry but it needs money if they want see some action and the ex polis man in Monkey House

Best regards zorro

Edited by zorro2000se

Double standards here.

Kill a cop and get a death sentence.

A cop kills tourists, Kanchanaburi a few years back, and he gets a prison sentence.

Rumours even say that he is walking free....... :o

.........edit...Last guy killed a cop is now a government aide. And is on a meteoric rise to the top in the Army. Sub Lieutenant to Major in 4 months. Helps if your Dad is famous though, I suppose the man in the report was not connected

:o makes one really wonder, doesn't it? Ah' yeah forgot, their was NO evidence that he did it!

Mysteriously all the eyewitnesses withdrew or moved to unknown locations....and the defendants memory was reset!

Double standards here.

A cop kills tourists, Kanchanaburi a few years back, and he gets a prison sentence.

I see - Is it any different in the rest of the world? What happens if you shoot a cop in the USA? You are lucky if you even GET to court, as you will probably be hunted down and shot several times by all the fellow coppers...

I understand the very high sentences and punishments for killing public servants, like the police. They risk their lives, to save yours. I know, killing another person is bad, no matter who it is (well, I CAN think of some scum we could be without...)....

here a police man got killed after or while he was was trying to do his job and break up a scuffle. it's a risky job.

It never ceases to amaze me how anyone could suggest a Police Officer being killed in the execution of his duty is just part of his job. Anyone, anywhere that kills a police officer who is lawfully carrying out his/her duties as a police officer, should receive DEATH SENTENCE.

here a police man got killed after or while he was was trying to do his job and break up a scuffle. it's a risky job.

It never ceases to amaze me how anyone could suggest a Police Officer being killed in the execution of his duty is just part of his job. Anyone, anywhere that kills a police officer who is lawfully carrying out his/her duties as a police officer, should receive DEATH SENTENCE.

please don't interpret me wrong and take it out of the context.

it's the police man job to break up such fights. but i didn't say it is a police mans destiny to get killed at his job. i didn't mean or want to suggest that it's the police mans fault to get killed and he just choose the wrong job.

but sad as it is, such things happen. police man is a risky job, a police man have to intervene but he never know how lunatic or crazy the delinquent is. a shop lifter can suddendly draw a knife. hooligans on moto cycles attacking police mens with bats. not every element of the society obey orders if they see a police man uniform.

police mens risk their life in the name of civil peace. the police man deserve respect for that. they do the risky job for all of us. i guess you got the risk part of my paragraph wrong. is not the same risk a speed racer, drug user or free climber take.

i hope that is now clearer.

and i partly agree with you (disagree with death sentence). the person attacks a police men, attacks also the peace of our society and he should met harsh punishment. (seems like it is not always the case in thailand)

but police man are not every time perfect, they are human being, make errors and mistakes, and there are also police man who are pretty bad elements like other bad elements in the society. bad police mens got all the news and attention, the daily job they do got seldom mentioned. i see one police officer every morning, standing in the middle of a cross road and direct the bangkok traffic. a hard job. respect for him, he serve the society, keeps the traffic on flow, so that the others can reach their workplace.

and i looks like the police man of that news message just try to his normal job.

2nd part - put it in the context:

i did ask: what happen in Pai? (i did ask that, because someone else mentioned the Pai case before)

what happen here? - as you said, a police officer who is lawfully carrying out his duties as a police officer. a police officer trying to do his job and break up a scuffle. and he got killed.

a police man risk his life if he do his job. that is the fact.

Yes, your cynicism is all well and good, but if war ever breaks out, there is the comfort of knowing that there is quality leadership like that to marshal the troops to victory.

Double standards here.

I see - Is it any different in the rest of the world? What happens if you shoot a cop in the USA? You are lucky if you even GET to court, as you will probably be hunted down and shot several times by all the fellow coppers...

I understand the very high sentences and punishments for killing public servants, like the police. They risk their lives, to save yours. I know, killing another person is bad, no matter who it is (well, I CAN think of some scum we could be without...)....

Since none of you on this website actually attended the Court proceedings then u have no fuc_king idea what evidence is there or not there so I suggest that unless you actually know what's going on then u have no comment. As for charlem's son, there was NO forensic evidence to convict him unlike this case where there was plenty of evidence, photos and eyewitnesses so unless u actually have been to court you don't know shit about why someone is convicted and one is not so shut up.

\

ABSOLUTELY

Since none of you on this website actually attended the Court proceedings then u have no fuc_king idea what evidence is there or not there so I suggest that unless you actually know what's going on then u have no comment. As for charlem's son, there was NO forensic evidence to convict him unlike this case where there was plenty of evidence, photos and eyewitnesses so unless u actually have been to court you don't know shit about why someone is convicted and one is not so shut up.

I really do appreciate your sense of justice and right to a fair trial; but there was actually a pub full of eyewitnesses to what he did. Until they all mysteriously clammed up / disappeared... as did all forensic evidence. Strange that, eh? :o

Yes, your cynicism is all well and good, but if war ever breaks out, there is the comfort of knowing that there is quality leadership like that to marshal the troops to victory.

I appreciate your joke , however, my take on this would be that scum like this would move so quickly out of harms way that their shoes would catch fire hightailing it to a previously used safe haven organised by "daddy"

Double standards here.

Seems like you're privee to everyones movements in relation to who attended and who didn't attend the court case.

I didn't see you there at any time so why don't you practice what you preach because you have no fuc_king idea either.

Double standards here.

I definitely do not condone the killing of a cop in the line of duty, or anyone else for whatever reason for that matter. And yes, in other places around the world, a cop killer might be exicuted by the police once captured. As for the cops that kill inocent tourists here in Thailand , and there have been a number of these events over the past few years, the relatives of these foreign tourists should get with the programme and pay enough money to buy justice, either via the legal system or having the perpetrator meet with an accidental death. If the relatives are not prepared to buy justice they really should not expect the legal system here to do anything at all for an alien , especially in the case of seeking verdicts against cops and other rich/well connected persons.

Edited by barky

You mean like this guy:

"Chalerm Yoobumrung: Interior Minister

Chalerm has been a candidate for interior minister since he joined the People Power Party. The deal was allegedly closed after Chalerm flew to England to meet with deposed premier Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife Pojaman in Manchester in mid-2007.

Chalerm has been an ally of Thaksin since the ousted premier entered politics. His heyday was during the government of the late Prime Minister Chatchai Choonhavan. He was a minister and Chatchai's close aide who challenged defiant commanders of the armed forces.

Chalerm allegedly eavesdropped on their communication, as his boss suspected they were attempting to stage a coup. The rift led to the coup of February 1991, forcing Chalerm and his family to flee and live in exile for almost a year in Sweden and Denmark.

Chalerm was close to becoming a Cabinet member in the early years of PM Thaksin, if his youngest son had not been involved in a pub shooting that caused the death of a police officer. Chalerm refused to accept the post after the incident.

He returned to politics when he ran for Bangkok governor in 2004 - but lost to Democrat candidate Apirak Kosayodhin."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/02/07...es_30064620.php

I think the sons' bodyguard killed a policeman in a bar up on Ratchapiesek.

Edited by dotcom

. As for charlem's son, there was NO forensic evidence to convict him unlike this case where there was plenty of evidence, photos and eyewitnesses so unless u actually have been to court you don't know shit about why someone is convicted and one is not so shut up.

Unless you have a personal interest in this, I must say I feel sorry for you, because in this case there was evidence, eyewitnesses, but over the time, the accused was in exile, some magic broom cleaned it all away! Even known Forensic scientist.. got under pressure... use google and you will find quite a lot of very interesting information.... that what it is there for - isn't it?

. As for charlem's son, there was NO forensic evidence to convict him unlike this case where there was plenty of evidence, photos and eyewitnesses so unless u actually have been to court you don't know shit about why someone is convicted and one is not so shut up.

Unless you have a personal interest in this, I must say I feel sorry for you, because in this case there was evidence, eyewitnesses, but over the time, the accused was in exile, some magic broom cleaned it all away! Even known Forensic scientist.. got under pressure... use google and you will find quite a lot of very interesting information.... that what it is there for - isn't it?

Yeah, one of the more high profile stinky episodes here abouts

Double standards here.

Agreed, not very consistant. Not long ago an Aussie guy got just 4 years for killing an American with two in the body and one to the head ???? Why not LIFE for him at least ???

And there are long standing rumors of scions far higher up the Sakdina ladder having perpetrated similar dastardly deeds whilst receiving slight slap-on-the-wrist punishments such as temporary exile abroad. There is little new in modern day barons and their sons finding a way to be above the law, or as is done more overly by the corporate barons, having the laws written in your favor.

why don't give us a brief summary about what happen. thats the way how it should go, bring some facts, evidence, links and write a nice read.

without that is not more then rumuor, got repeated again and again.

Double standards here.

Hmm..? Another know-all, nasty bastard, or an existing know-all nasty bastard with a new(bie) name?