What Bike Should I Get?

james_goku

will [/u]cost you dearly in both time and money.

I bought my bike already with plates. The green book was transferred to my name without any problem.

That's the best way to go, just look for a bike which is already registered.

Cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely this would have come up once the book was transferred into his name..

Simply having a book doesnt cut it.. But once the transfer is authorized then the gov is saying its legal and now yours ??

I had a CBR 600 RR and it ended up confiscated due to the books here, I was a sucker and the book was fake so there you go it can look all legit for us but be all wrong it had transfer stamps and you name it all fake. So I lost mine and the money spent on it, and therefore I have an aversion personally to dodgy bikes.

Let me get this right..

You personally went to the government offices.. Had the book put 100% in your name.. And later the book turned out to be fake ??

Or did you just trust some stranger to do it all and accepted a forged book that looked like the real thing (cost <10k baht)..

Simply having a book doesnt cut it.. But once the transfer is authorized then the gov is saying its legal and now yours ??

I had a CBR 600 RR and it ended up confiscated due to the books here, I was a sucker and the book was fake so there you go it can look all legit for us but be all wrong it had transfer stamps and you name it all fake. So I lost mine and the money spent on it, and therefore I have an aversion personally to dodgy bikes.

Let me get this right..

You personally went to the government offices.. Had the book put 100% in your name.. And later the book turned out to be fake ??

Or did you just trust some stranger to do it all and accepted a forged book that looked like the real thing (cost <10k baht)..

No I was a sucker so the dealer took care of it to "help me save time" as he said. I learned a valuable expensive lesson which is don't ever do that again. Obviously if you go down to the land transportation office and do it yourself and they are good for it you should be fine.

Let me get this right..

No I was a sucker so the dealer took care of it to "help me save time" as he said. I learned a valuable expensive lesson which is don't ever do that again. Obviously if you go down to the land transportation office and do it yourself and they are good for it you should be fine.

I completely agree with your decision to not get physical with the twunt who sold you the bike, but to stand there and have him laugh in your face without taking any action seems strange. Was there no recourse available to you at all?

Friend with the CB400: I guess when it was reported stolen, it took time to get it into the police computer, which means it did not come up when he changed the name over. At least my friend got a years biking out of it before he had to give it back.

Guess the adage 'Don't pay more than you can afford to loose' is good advice for most things in Thailand since you have very few rights, and the legal system and police are lapse to say the least. Who shouts loudest or has the most money gets justice?

And you didnt report the dealer to the police ??

I would have thought there would be enough to work with there ??

The entire story is a very long one I am afraid, and yes Police was involved and lot of stuff happened. If I could choose again I would first of all not have bought the bike, secondly never involved the Police but written it off. Three years of agony with Police, lawyers re-reported to the Police in other provinces well tell you what I learned a lot from that mistake.

Let me get this right..

I completely agree with your decision to not get physical with the twunt who sold you the bike, but to stand there and have him laugh in your face without taking any action seems strange. Was there no recourse available to you at all?

To make a long story short, yes there were recourse with the Police which I wish I never did.