How About A Pinned List Of Gay Thailand Resources

peekint

Here's the first one for the list:

LYC Chiang Mai ลองแยงคลับเชียงใหม่

http://lyccnx.110mb.com

A Social Group for Asian and Western Gay men and Lesbians in Chiang Mai.

ชมรมที่สนับสนุนความเป็นเพื่อนเกย์ไทย-ฝรั่งที่เชีองใหม่

Very good idea!

You mean a list for Chiang Mai? Well, that would be it then wouldn't it?

I think they mean a list for all of Thailand. These two guys are organizers, but not the only ones. Okay, let;s think of some more and endure and/or I will figure out how to make a pinned list.

Thanks, peekint and neilrobl

That's right, PB. Just like the bars/saunas list, a Thailand-wide list of Gay resources. There are quite a few, just need a place to put them. In the mean time, maybe we can encourage people to list them here (until the "pinning" can be figured out)

PS regarding pinning - the following is from another forum, but it seems to use the same software. This might work here?:

"... you have to use the moderator CP | Manage Posts (on the left) and find the post that started the topic you want to pin. Scroll down to the bottom and you have a choice between Announcements and Pinning."

As far as a "Pinned List of Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Transgender/etc Resources" online.

There are already several to be found online and they are kept pretty much up to date. After looking at serveal of the 'lists', they can be biased to a western degree mostly.

I know the gay scene here in Bangkok quite well and do socalize with thai gay quite often. They do take me to their places and we tend to have fun, but they are not even mentioned once on here or other sites. From my observation, if you live in Thailand, you should get out and check the other areas out, really.

There is Saphan Kawi area with it's click,

• AoToGu near Moe chit with it's click. Younger University, young adult, blue collar businessmen etc.
    • Ratchada Soi 8, with 2 really wonderful gay pubs. It is right across from Espanda or off Thailand Convention Center MRT.
    • G-Star - University, young adult crowd. Shows are really something to see, compariable to the ones you see at X-Ray or Dude in Pattaya.
    • Rachada Soi 8 - very crowed on the weekends. You do see some thai celeberites there such as Jennifer Kim, Ice, Peck, Aof and Golf and Mike, etc. They have Cyotee dancers. Very popular hangout.
    • Ramkanghang area - near the Intersection going to the mall Bangkapi. ICK is the well known one, which a lot of younger crowd.
    • Near Silom - Backsite of Lumpini park. Serveral gay clubs.

Then you have the Suanas. Each area has a few, but sometimes hard to find, best to go with a thai friend who can show you the way.

Theaters

- one in Shapan Kawi across from Big C

I know the gay scene here in Bangkok quite well and do socalize with thai gay quite often. They do take me to their places and we tend to have fun, but they are not even mentioned once on here or other sites. From my observation, if you live in Thailand, you should get out and check the other areas out, really.

Thanks Chuck for the list, would you say it is worth it if you are alone and don't speak at all Thai to check those places?

As far as a "Pinned List of Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Transgender/etc Resources" online.

There are already several to be found online and they are kept pretty much up to date. After looking at serveal of the 'lists', they can be biased to a western degree mostly.

There is Saphan Kawi area with it's click,

• AoToGu near Moe chit with it's click. Younger University, young adult, blue collar businessmen etc.
    • Ratchada Soi 8, with 2 really wonderful gay pubs. It is right across from Espanda or off Thailand Convention Center MRT.
    • G-Star - University, young adult crowd. Shows are really something to see, compariable to the ones you see at X-Ray or Dude in Pattaya.
    • Rachada Soi 8 - very crowed on the weekends. You do see some thai celeberites there such as Jennifer Kim, Ice, Peck, Aof and Golf and Mike, etc. They have Cyotee dancers. Very popular hangout.
    • Ramkanghang area - near the Intersection going to the mall Bangkapi. ICK is the well known one, which a lot of younger crowd.
    • Near Silom - Backsite of Lumpini park. Serveral gay clubs.

Then you have the Suanas. Each area has a few, but sometimes hard to find, best to go with a thai friend who can show you the way.

Theaters

- one in Shapan Kawi across from Big C

I'm not sure if I was unclear or if my original post was missed. I am referring to a list of "Gay Thailand Resources", not entertainment/nightlife venues. Support groups. social groups, political groups, bookstores, gay-supportive businesses in general (for example, real-estate, legal).

Lord knows there are myriad ways to find out where to go for a beer or a shag, but just try to find out how to connect to the "community" that's out there - and there is one!

I'm not surprised, though, seeing as how quickly even this topic turned into yet another list of bars and saunas!

Edited by peekint

I'm not sure if I was unclear or if my original post was missed. I am referring to a list of "Gay Thailand Resources", not entertainment/nightlife venues. Support groups. social groups, political groups, bookstores, gay-supportive businesses in general (for example, real-estate, legal).

Lord knows there are myriad ways to find out where to go for a beer or a shag, but just try to find out how to connect to the "community" that's out there - and there is one!

I might be sticking my hand in the fire here but isn't the concept of support/social/political/gay-supportive gay groups a western import? It's always seemed strange to me that a country which has never had anti-homosexual laws needs to import the social structures that were designed to support homosexuals in countries where homosexuality was once illegal.

We already have a list, quite imperfect, of entertainment venues. Please send a PM to endure or PeaceBlondie if you know of another one that needs to be put on the existing, pinned list.

Both peekint and endure have a point. Thailand has a gay community. It does not have a support system to defend itself against virulent, violent opposition to gay life. Is there a website or two - not for dating or advertising vemies - such as peekint asked for?