Best Dial Up Pay As You Go Card?

merlin1

Just arrived a few days ago, and picked up the 99 Baht Samart dial up card. Trouble is, it doesn't work too well. I've managed to get online only twice. What's the deal with these cards? Is it a question of using them at offpeak hours, or perhaps members might know a better card. Needless to say Samart customer service is a black hole of nothingness.

thanks in advance.

I've used the Loxinfo cards in the past and found them pretty good but l was mainly using TA/True phone lines and not all prepaid cards are compatible with all phone lines. Samart wouldn't work with TA/True as l recall.

They say you get what you pay for so for 99 baht maybe you can't expect much. I've seen some cards which have an off-peak option which gives you extra time if used late at night. With TOT lines l wonder if anything works well if their free internet is anything to go by, and yes, if it's free you can't really complain but.....

I have used two dial-up card providers since coming to Thailand:

Pacific Internet (http://www.pacific.net.th) and

Asia Access (http://www.asiaaccess.net.th)

and have had absolutely no problem with either of them connecting to the internet...dialling-in at any time of the day! :o

Keep your spirits up, the problem may simply lie with Samart. I don't know whether any of the other forum members or forum guests have any opinion about your current provider.

Good Luck then merlin1 on getting on track with a more reliable service provider. :D

I found many cards work fine,

j-net, Sanook, e-go, Loxinfo.

My current favourite is Sanook.

The thing to watch out for is the number you have to dial if it is the 1222 number you will have problems during peak time, and generally low speeds.

The cards i mentioned have their own local numbers, bangkok has more choice than upcountry.

Ego is good, 24 hr support too is real here

The problem i had with e-go is with authentication.

I moniter and do remote work.

Every time i have to send a authentication loginname/password it is denied.

Somewhere in the route this information is stopped.

For normal surfing it is a little faster than sanook.

But when authentication is not working it is totally useless for me.

I've used the Loxinfo cards in the past and found them pretty good but l was mainly using TA/True phone lines and not all prepaid cards are compatible with all phone lines. Samart wouldn't work with TA/True as l recall.

They say you get what you pay for so for 99 baht maybe you can't expect much. I've seen some cards which have an off-peak option which gives you extra time if used late at night. With TOT lines l wonder if anything works well if their free internet is anything to go by, and yes, if it's free you can't really complain but.....

I don't understand your terminology here, but I think we're on the same page. I noticed that the local phone line I'm using is an old pulse dialer (as opposed to a touch tone) so this might be incompatible with Samart.

I've have better luck with the JI-Net card however. It works all the time except for a couple of busy signals at 8 pm. All in all, I'm back in business!

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll check out these other cards in future.

1222 numbers do not work if you are dialling from a TT&T phone.

I use T-Net n-rich package which is only for TT&T phones and is 30 days unlimited hours for 335 baht. Works pretty well most of the time and we use Loxinfo as a backup when T-net isn't working.