Small Radio

vickersvc10

I have a small Sanyo short wave radio which I always take on my travels. It works beautifully on FM and AM but now does not pick up any short wave signals. I think there's a loose antenna connection somewhere inside it. I have taken it to 3 repair shops, two of which were run by handicapped guys who usually know everything, but they all shrug their shoulders and say they know nothing about short wave. Any suggestions guys? Another solution would be to buy a new set, but I haven't seen any SW ones on sale in Pattaya.

Try the repair joint in the basement of Tukcom,next to Tops, they have a number of techs who work on most things.

As the AM and FM are working it may be a little more complicated than antenna problems, unless there are seperate antenna for each frequency band (AM and SW are different only by freq and can use some common circuitry). It could be as simple as the switch needing a squirt of contact cleaner, or the whole SW section packed in.

Good luck in finding a person willing to have a look.

One solution is to purchase a new SW radio one which the company below can do.

If you get the right English speaking assistant they are efficient and they will order from BKK, like for the Sony ICF-SW12, and this takes less than a week.

All details can be googled.

Otherwise you could ask them about repair of your Sanyo.

Hope this helps.

NAMCHAI HOME ELECTRONICS,CO,,LTD.353/46 MOO 9 SUKHUMVIT RD., NONGPRUE, BANGLAMUNG,

CHONBURI 20150

Edited by R123

Thanks Redwood I will try that shop, but I am not hopeful! Yesterday I went to Namchai AND the Redemptorist Centre which runs a big electronic repair shop. No joy. In fact the Redemptorist mechanic was not aware that you could pick up short wave broadcasts in Pattaya!