Help And Advice Needed

Hi Everyone,

My first posting after finding out about this site from a web friend.

I really want to live in Thailand, but not on a tourist visa, as im 41 i would like to work, can anyone give me advice on how to get the appropriate visa and work permit...unfortunatly im fairly ignorant on the situation.

Many thanx Dave x

Have a look in here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/518.0.html

The first obstacle will be to find an employer offering you a job.

Such employer must be able to hire you under the prevailing rules.

A letter of intend by the employer will be sufficient to use for applying a non-immigrant B-visa at a Thai consular section or consulate, which can be extented after arrival and used to apply for a work permit. The employer must fulfill requirements outlined in above link and certain minimum-salaries must be certified which vary depending on your nationality. The employer has to explain why your services are needed and the job cannot be done by a Thai.

Above in a nut-shell, do a search starting from the link.

Depending on what skills you have, think about opening your own company here. You'd need a Thai partner which you can trust (!!) and then you're your own boss!

If you are just coming to check out the work situation, apart from teaching English, getting work here is almost impossible! Have a surf around before you get here!

Sorry to be negative, but thems the facts!

I am not sure how much prior experience you have of Thailand?

It may be best to come on a Tourist visa, double entry possibly, then look around to see what is available.

Once you have a job organised you can pop down to Penang and get the Non Imm B visa to match the job, or possibly a Non Imm O if you found the right young lady. :o