• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From TOC

PAD Leader Sondhi Claims Rogue Military Office Puts Monarchy in Danger

UPDATE : 7 October 2008

Sondhi Limthongkul, a key PAD leader, claims that an ambitious military police officer who is no longer loyal to the throne.

Sondhi started his nightly PAD address by lashing out at the police who have violently attacked the PAD protesters by tear gas grenades.

Sondhi alleges that in return for promises of financial compensation and political rewards, the military police officer refused to stand by the people. The PAD leader reminded the PAD protesters that the monarchy rests on 2 main foundations; the people of Thailand and the armed forces. He states that today the monarchy only have the support of the people but not the armed forces.

He calls for the PAD protesters to stand by the monarchy and continue to fight to protect the nation's interest.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1009896

So true and so sad!

4. Probably Thai people who they usually extort money from. Pretty rare for them to extort money from foreigners. Hasn't happened to me in 10 years here. You must be unlucky or get yourself into stupid situations.

You must lead a sheltered life as I see the BiB playing this game every day I've been in Thailand...

Now as far as stupid, I was walking in Lumpini Park one afternoon minding my own business... A BiB approaches me and says he's going to fine me for littering... I look around and there is not a piece of litter in sight... I just look at him and smile, slip him 100 baht and all is right with the world...

Or riding a motosai, along with 1000 Thais in traffic... No one is wearing a helmet, including me... Who do you thing the BiB stop??? Why me of course... Another 200 baht "fine" and I'm on my way...

Don't preach to me in a condescending tone about being "stupid"... We ALL know how corrupt Thailand is, so don't even start...

You either live up country or under a rock if you are oblivious to this problem...

Ten years in Bangkok and no problems. Yes, people have problems with the police ... foreigners no more than Thais. Wide open eyes can see things clearer than narrow focused spectacles. Corruption exists. Fortunately many foreigners never have to deal with it, since the police can't be bothered with having to deal with people they believe can't speak Thai for the sake of 100-200 baht. I would say the ratio of Thais ripped off by the police compared to foreigners is huge.

If you are aware of so many foreigners being victims of extortion, then perhaps suggest to them that they move in different circles in the future. It's not that hard to avoid the BiB in Bangkok.

Edited by Sunderland

h90???????????????????????? You ok???????????????????????

You can pay me to clean up your text pal.

So whats your answer?

Did you vote for PAD or against them and HOW did you do it at the last elections???

I flashed them the finger a couple of times when driving by...and I take great delight in cutting up/off some fat pri+k in a Benz and his special shirt whenever the opportunity comes along. Howz that Herr Feudal-Freund?

Be careful, next time someone might run you over then check into a hospital and declare themselves 'mentally disturbed'!

Hello :o

Does anyone have any FACTS about that supposed "car bomb"..??? Because i've just seen some video of it on TV (i believe that was channel 7 or 3) and that what they showed was DEFINITELY NOT a bomb.

1) Terrorists/car bombers would NOT use a Jeep Cherokee (because it's <deleted>' expensive)

2) At first there was fire on the left side of the car, and nobody in or near it - looked like the (petrol) tank cap was open and burned out of there (small fire)

3) fire got bigger

4) Whole rear of car burned

5) explosion of some sort

6) followed by a large fire clearly indicating that that what exploded was an additional (LPG or NGV) gas tank

Best regards....

Thanh

I just saw pictures of the victims. I almost vomit. My highest/best regards to these people who know what can happen but continue to fight for their country without being afraid of being beat to a cripple by the corrupt police :o:D

Most farangs would not have the balls for that in their home country.

I don't understand how the police can lower themself that way! Killing peaceful people to serve a corrupt illegal premier.

Do you mean most farangs living in Thailand or most farangs living back in their home country?

I don't think most farangs could be bothered to get involved in issues here that are clearly Thai business. It's a little unfair to say that people wouldn't get involved back in their home country, although I suspect that many who are now in Thailand would not concern themselves too much with unrest back in their country of birth since they made a choice to leave there and come here. After all, many left for the peace and quiet that can generally be enjoyed in Thailand. Even in the current climate, the violence barely affects any foreigners living here.

Thunder you could be busy all night as it sounds like a rampage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7656073.stm

The article on the BBC News reads:

"The protesters have been occupying the grounds of government buildings for six weeks, but the demonstration had so far been largely peaceful.

They are members of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), a group that wants to replace the one-man, one-vote system with a system in which some of the representatives are chosen by professions and social groups rather than the general electorate."

Is this true? I try to keep up to date with the deveoplments but this is new to me!!!

Are you joking?

This issue (end of usual democracy) and the war against Cambodia are the two main points of Sondhi rhetoric.

they discuss the option of changing the way the election system. It is still a democracy. War against Cambodia is just the usual geovalin nonsense. No one beside the Thaksin friends want to harm anyone.

Wow, no one man one vote. And the Thai people are "not smart (I don't really want to use my prefered word here)" enough to want it. That new to me.

So whats your answer?

Did you vote for PAD or against them and HOW did you do it at the last elections???

I flashed them the finger a couple of times when driving by...and I take great delight in cutting up/off some fat pri+k in a Benz and his special shirt whenever the opportunity comes along. Howz that Herr Feudal-Freund?

Be careful, next time someone might run you over then check into a hospital and declare themselves 'mentally disturbed'!

Only rich kids in Daddy's Benz's do that. The word whimp comes to mind.

Breaking News:

Chavalit resigns as deputy prime minister

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Chavalit-Res...ni-t216407.html

Please slow down the news from happening... it was difficult enough to keep up with this thread... :D

Can't say that I blame him! Who would want to be in a government that isn't preapproved by the PAD thugs.

This offensive was classic Chavalit, take a look at his history! Now he resigns, IMHO he should stay on and drive the mongrel PAD back to Sanam Luang which they can have, but Gov House and the Parliment are NOT the places they should be allowed to occupy.

We don't want them down here (Sanam Luang), its been very peacful and pleasant without them thank you very much. Best to keep all the mob sorts over the other side of Bangkok, well away from my good self and the Mrs (she'd be out confronting them with gusto [being one of the majority of Thais who consistently voted for Mr T because it was the only time her and her family's life was improved by a Thai government]).

I agree with the comments that it's a big shame that decent Thais are dragged into this mess (again) by the same select group that have been fighting with / against / with / against / with / against each other since the seventies, for their own personal gains with little or no regard for Thailand, its people, etc.

DAAD will kick the SHlT out of PAD if they dare to invade Sanam Luang. That's for sure.

Yep. This is how civil wars start. I really hope the idiotic hi-so people behind this PAD-Facsist-Putsch have thought this through..Cause trouble could come knocking on their own front doors..Then again these people rarely see it coming do they? What did Marie-Antoinnette say? "What, they have no bread? Pas de Problem - let them eat cake!" What goes around comes around..

Except Marie Antoinette never said that.

And cake back then was more like sailor's hardtack and barely edible.

Her husband was an enept but relatively caring ruler,

caught between severe weather related famines, and ran out of options.

She just had bad luck being married to him at the time.

As to the current attempts at house cleaning by PPP,

if you think knee-caping protestors with shotguns is reasonable force

you are mad as a hatter. This is not going to make PAD give up the field,

but will drive it's LESS reasonable members to more radical actions,

and then :o but in a MUCH larger way that foreseen.

And as the faces of dead women hit the news more and more people,

will see the disproportionate force, backed by abject desperation of the PPP

is behind these vile unneeded acts by their goon squads.

This could have been dealt with smoothly,

CLEARLY some do NOT want it going away smoothly.

And just as clearly, several minds here are reveling in this horror.

Do you get out at car wrecks and cheer and hold up placards,

9 for gore, 7.5 for execution, 8.2 for style of mayhem...

As well Chart Thai and some other told before the election that they would NEVER support Thaksin and PPP, so their voters got something very different than what the voted for.

Yeap. Millions of people voted for Chart Thai and other parties that claimed to never be willing to support the PPP or Thaksin. If consolidated into one party these people would easily defeat any Thaksinist party. They keep repeating over and over again that the PPP and Thaksin are popular with the huge majority of people but it is nothing but a lie they repeat with the intention of saying it enough that it becomes fact.

From TOC

PAD Leader Sondhi Claims Rogue Military Office Puts Monarchy in Danger

UPDATE : 7 October 2008

Sondhi Limthongkul, a key PAD leader, claims that an ambitious military police officer who is no longer loyal to the throne.

Sondhi started his nightly PAD address by lashing out at the police who have violently attacked the PAD protesters by tear gas grenades.

Sondhi alleges that in return for promises of financial compensation and political rewards, the military police officer refused to stand by the people. The PAD leader reminded the PAD protesters that the monarchy rests on 2 main foundations; the people of Thailand and the armed forces. He states that today the monarchy only have the support of the people but not the armed forces.

He calls for the PAD protesters to stand by the monarchy and continue to fight to protect the nation's interest.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1009896

So true and so sad!

So is that one officer or the whole military , there is a considerable difference between the two.

Maybe Panlop has jumped ship? Although I don't know that he is a MP officer.

Baht and Sold - you still don't get it do you? Sadly you're not alone - but thankfully your numbers are dwindling - which is a good sign that people are waking up (farangs at least). This PAD movement is NOT about Thakin. It's about an awakening democracy and the threat the majority poor pose to the rich in a closed-shop patronage system.

I think Thaksin should be in jail for what he's done. Ok? - Anything else you need to know? Now re-read the above sentence. Cause that's what this is all about. Not Thaksin.

I thought Baht & Sold's post was spot on.

It IS about Thaksin.....among other things, but Thakisn's situation was one of the five questions that the PAD wanted answered by Somchai.

ie...what was he gonna do about him.....and as I said in a previous post...ther is NO WAY he is gonna bring his siister back to face prison....its not the Thai way

Hello :o

Does anyone have any FACTS about that supposed "car bomb"..??? Because i've just seen some video of it on TV (i believe that was channel 7 or 3) and that what they showed was DEFINITELY NOT a bomb.

1) Terrorists/car bombers would NOT use a Jeep Cherokee (because it's <deleted>' expensive)

2) At first there was fire on the left side of the car, and nobody in or near it - looked like the (petrol) tank cap was open and burned out of there (small fire)

3) fire got bigger

4) Whole rear of car burned

5) explosion of some sort

6) followed by a large fire clearly indicating that that what exploded was an additional (LPG or NGV) gas tank

Best regards....

Thanh

Only thing I know is that my wife told she sit close to it for several hours. But that is not sure as she is awake for 30 hours and might mistake cars.

Might be one of the police grenades under the car?

Urgent: Police fire tear gas at protesters in front of Parliament

BANGKOK: -- Police fire dozens of tear gases at protesters, who staged a blockade outside Parliament at 6:20 am.

The firing of tear gases managed to open an access to Parliament at the gate on Phichai Road.

Leading members of the People's Alliance for Democracy urged the protesters to remain protesting there.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

There is no need for such agressive repression by the police. They should pick up those behind the scenes. The very rich don't want the gouvernment to spend money on helpprogramms for the poor in the North.Isn't that the essence, a lack of solidarity from the rich with the poor, whatever happened to the Boeddist religion and or philosophy where sharing and solidarity was a basic thing to do? The traditional very rich families don't want that the poor from the North get a voice either,all they want them to do is working at little salaries and no complaining so thy can become more richer.They shows themselves in yellow shirts and very Nationalistic. Somebody should tell them the world has changed, and even they can't stop it.Some people remain very silent in this case and that is a mistake.

I just saw pictures of the victims. I almost vomit. My highest/best regards to these people who know what can happen but continue to fight for their country without being afraid of being beat to a cripple by the corrupt police :o:D

Most farangs would not have the balls for that in their home country.

I don't understand how the police can lower themself that way! Killing peaceful people to serve a corrupt illegal premier.

Balls big enough for you?

tank_china.jpg

Protesters drive pickup to hit police

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters drive a pickup and ran over dozens of police at U-Thong Nai intersection in Dusit district on Tuesday.

Some 10 police were injured and were rushed to a hospital nearby. Most injured police suffered broken legs.

Pol Sgt Naruepon Kaewkla, who was also injured, said that a group of police were stationing at the intersection when a group of the protesters drove a pick up and ran towards them.

The sergeant said the hit knocked down many police.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Sorry, unlike tear gas, pick up truck cannot be classified as a weapon. If it can, million so pick up owners can be arrested for owning a weapon. Also, why are the polices standing in the middle of the road. Roads in Thailand for for pick ups. They are not designed for police to stand in the middle of it. Nice try police. I am afraid you have to try harder if you want to blame innocent PAD.

Imageaspx6t6e.jpg

PAD in provinces rush to join Bangkok's rally

Supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy throughout the country have condemned the police for the violent crackdown at Parliament, while a mass number of supporters have rushed to join the rally in Bangkok.

Following the dissolution of the anti-government protest at Parliament this morning, Natcharong Ekpermsab, leader of the Phuket Thailand Watch Foundation, read a statement blaming police for using force against the protesters. The group has also urged the government to release the core PAD leaders Chamlong Srimuang and Chaiwat Sinsuwong.

Also, they affirmed they will continue fighting with the PAD until the very end, while more local PAD supporters have traveled to join the rally in Bangkok.

Hundreds of PAD supporters in Songkhla Province have rushed to Bangkok this morning after hearing the news, while the Songkhla Nakarin University prepared two buses for everyone who wants to join the mass protest in Bangkok.

Satun locals have expressed their gratitude after hearing that Her Majesty the Queen has bestowed 100,000 baht to help the PAD protesters who were injured in this morning's violent crackdown.

A core leader of the "Mai Sai Fights For Nation" group said he has been monitoring the situation and around 100 Youth PAD supporters have already left for Bangkok.

PAD supporters in many provinces have continued to join the rally in Bangkok and intend to stay for long. They also collected money and food donations for their fellow protesters.

- TOC / 2008-10-07

Why are the PAD in red? Or it is DAAD recuiting people to slaughter the innocent PAD?

Farangs are a joke when it comes to discussing anything other than "the best bar in Thailand".

On one hand people claim PAD are a bunch of "paid protesters" but on the other hand they claim they are a bunch of "HiSo elitists".

Right Ok......

:o

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters drive a pickup and ran over dozens of police at U-Thong Nai intersection in Dusit district on Tuesday.

Some 10 police were injured and were rushed to a hospital nearby. Most injured police suffered broken legs.

Pol Sgt Naruepon Kaewkla, who was also injured, said that a group of police were stationing at the intersection when a group of the protesters drove a pick up and ran towards them.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Sorry, unlike tear gas, pick up truck cannot be classified as a weapon. If it can, million so pick up owners can be arrested for owning a weapon. Also, why are the polices standing in the middle of the road. Roads in Thailand for for pick ups. They are not designed for police to stand in the middle of it. Nice try police. I am afraid you have to try harder if you want to blame innocent PAD.

And if they had stabbed them with childrens pencils would the crime be any less?

What amazingly bizarre logic.

Perhaps a solution to the problem is to give the protesters a job, then they wouldn't be able to sit on the streets all day and night, if they had to wake up at 6am to go to work.

Oh no, please tell me - You're and English Sun Reader. Aren't you :o

At least the page 3 girls are more entertaining that seeing someone shot his own foot off.

How many must the PPP gov. kill before they think they have won?

How many will the army need to see die before they will call a halt to this?

We know Thaksin will win at any cost, so who is drawing the line?

PAD is now enraged and has likely lost control of it's fringe membership.

It will hit the fan big time this week.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Is a pick up is a weapon.?

I have several knives at home which are used for cooking, despite being used to chop my spuds they could hurt or kill people. In the 70's/80's coins were banned at football grounds during the hooligan era, yes coins as in money because a 2p coin when thrown accurately actually does some harm. 9/11: 4 aircraft liners where used as flying bombs against the world trade center, pentagon and another missed target. Does that make all all Air liners weapons along with anything with the potential to harm other people?

Of course it does which is the reason we need licences for things such as cars.

Looking around me I can see all sorts of potential weapons: A bottle/can opener, the glass holding my beer and the empty bottles which held that beer, cutlery knives, even my monitor which could kill a man should I choose to whack him over the head with it. And last but not least the keys to my car which is by far the deadliest weapon in my arsenal.

I am actually sympathetic towards the PAD but arguments such as yours do no good to the cause my friend, stop clutching at straws and offer a reasoned argument.

Thanks.

So whats your answer?

You guess right. I vote for Chuwit to be the PM of Thailand. He may offer 30 baht for all bather. Sure beat beating myself. :o:D:D

Giles is fairly on the ball as usual although a bit generalised

Asia Sentinel

Has Panlop really fallen out with Chamlong this is the question. Do we see the manipulation of a factionalised army?

In fact I think we do and that is why the Democrats are hedging their bets. I have never seen a bigger collection of opportunists in my life.

If we see a factionalised army this could work in the govts favour and present an opportunity to clear the PAD. There is a side who may have woken up - its not the PAD or the PPP before anyone makes assumptions.

Thanks for the link. On the ball as you say. Its sad yet understandable how many Thais have been totally brainwashed by the years of propaganda pumped out by the ruling elite to such a degree that they think to support the PAD is being patriotic ? As for people in high places condoning the PAD activities, well a lot of people around the world are watching and will be changing their opinions of the LOS

Ji is right on as usual - but I would take issue with his last paragraph. The Unions are right out to lunch on this. Don;t forget they've been siding with the PAD. Absoultely nutters...why would any Union side witha group that wants to kill off democracy in favour of eltiism/fascism? The NGOs are a bit of a problem child in Thailand too, aren't they? Only a handful aren't connected to some kind of patronage thingy..

No work = free holiday. Plus one can moonlight at PM office full time for extra cash. If I were them, I'll go for it.

Breaking News:

Chavalit resigns as deputy prime minister

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Chavalit-Res...ni-t216407.html

Please slow down the news from happening... it was difficult enough to keep up with this thread... :o

Can't say that I blame him! Who would want to be in a government that isn't preapproved by the PAD thugs.

This offensive was classic Chavalit, take a look at his history! Now he resigns, IMHO he should stay on and drive the mongrel PAD back to Sanam Luang which they can have, but Gov House and the Parliment are NOT the places they should be allowed to occupy.

We don't want them down here (Sanam Luang), its been very peacful and pleasant without them thank you very much. Best to keep all the mob sorts over the other side of Bangkok, well away from my good self and the Mrs (she'd be out confronting them with gusto [being one of the majority of Thais who consistently voted for Mr T because it was the only time her and her family's life was improved by a Thai government]).

I agree with the comments that it's a big shame that decent Thais are dragged into this mess (again) by the same select group that have been fighting with / against / with / against / with / against each other since the seventies, for their own personal gains with little or no regard for Thailand, its people, etc.

DAAD will kick the SHlT out of PAD if they dare to invade Sanam Luang. That's for sure.

It's hard not to flame people who make comments like this, especially at such a time. Perhaps a few too many beer Leo's have got to the poor chap...

[dam_n, I've just agreed with jdinasia, I promised myself several years ago that I'd never do that. Still, if we're in agreement then there's probably some substance to the claim.]

Edited by jasreeve17