Ceramic Tile Installation Costs

kcallagmy

I am in the process of a re-tiling process. I have 6, 36sqm rooms that need to be completely re-tiled, including the bathroom, floor to ceiling. I am going to purchase the tiles myself, but need a contractor to remive old tiles and do the complete tiling job. How much per square metre should I be paying?? This is in the sattahip-pattaya area.

I am in the process of a re-tiling process. I have 6, 36sqm rooms that need to be completely re-tiled, including the bathroom, floor to ceiling. I am going to purchase the tiles myself, but need a contractor to remive old tiles and do the complete tiling job. How much per square metre should I be paying?? This is in the sattahip-pattaya area.

Sattahip-Pattaya this must be the same area as me!

Regret I have no idea at all how much it costs to take the old tiles off.

For laying them down If you can find the workers yourself you could be paying 100baht a mtr. But this is almost impossible now as everyone wants to work as a team through a boss and they will quote for the job, which means that If you have to go through a towkay you will probably pay 130 to 150 a mtr.

I am currently doing 300 mtrs of drive and walkways with tiles. I supply all the materiel plus mixing tubs, cutters, jack hammers even gloves and hats for the guys, this time it is costing me 130 baht a mter for laying down only. I have paid a lot less for live in workers but then you got to provide rooms, food and water also take them to hospital when they get drunk and hurt themselves :o

Up country prices are very much lower and condo's for some reason are more expensive to do.