Treason Charges Dropped Against Pad Leaders

thaigene2

Another one the ThaiVisa News Editors missed here - just helping you out. - don't thank me, it's ok.....I'm sure you'll move this to the News thread..

"Although the nine suspects have committed illegal acts, it's unreasonable to issue an arrest warrant on insurrection charges, thus the court revokes insurrection charges for all nine suspects," said the Appeals Court ruling.

Source: BBC News (Online)

The remaining 7 PAD supporters earlier said they would surrender if the court dropped the insurrection charges. And - bingo.. I would be interested to know when the last time a high court dropped a charge (or lessened it) so the suspects would surrender. I though the idea was that one surrenders then tries to plea bargain - after that - not before. But I don't know.

Please note, in Thailand you cannot publicly criticize Thai Court rulings - as it is an offence (Contempt of Court).

BUT you can think what you want (at least for now, that is...six months from now? Who knows..new think laws? Especially for those pesky foreigners..).

Edited by thaigene2

Please do not post the same story in multiple threads, it just confuses the issue and since this is already being discussed elsewhere there is no need to also discuss it here. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding as to why threads duplicating issues get closed.

///CLOSED///