Last Time You Drove 200 Kms/hour...was When And Where ?

LaoPo

Last time you drove 200 Kms/hour (124.2742384474 miles/hour)...was when and where ?

Today it was beautiful dry and sunny weather on a smooth and very quiet Autobahn in Germany and I touched the 200 Km/hour, just for a very short while. :o

I tested Granny, one of our cars but she is full with emotions.

She's a well kept and in top condition Mercedes Benz, 2-door 300CE Coupe, built in 1989 and newly bought by my late Father. She has just 130.000 original kms on the ''clock'', which I reached this week; that's a mere 6,666 kms/year since she was built.

I had to drive to the airport in Dusseldorf to pick up my wife so I couldn't resist and wanted to see if Granny had any problems with high speeds; Granny didn't mind and in fact was spinning, full of joy. She didn't go out for a long drive for many years, that's why :D

Well, a man and his toys...I suppose.

Germany is one of the last places on Earth one can reach high speeds for a short while (on quiet tracks) :D

Did anyone here ever drove at high speeds in Thailand...let's say over 150 kms/hr ? If so, where ?

LaoPo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove my ZZR1400 160km/h at bypass rd in Phuket (Tesco to Toyota intersection) and car 200km/h on that straight stretch of road near Hat Yai. In Malaysia during the night I regularly drive both over 200km/h. My bike record is over 240 on Malaysian highways.

Edited by CroBiker

Bypass road 200km/h with bike, German Autobahn a bit more than 300km/h with a Porsche(not mine).

Gerd

dam_n Gerd, you shure have some balls. Every time I ride at speed of over 200km/h, picture of wife and kid flashes in front of my eyes. Back in 90's I felt invincible but these days I definitely shit my pants. What is your ride?

Edited by CroBiker

Bypass road 200km/h with bike, German Autobahn a bit more than 300km/h with a Porsche(not mine).

Gerd

dam_n Gerd, you shure have some balls. Every time I ride at speed of over 200km/h, picture of wife and kid flashes in front of my eyes. Back in 90's I felt invincible but these days I definitely shit my pants. What is your ride?

It's a BMW bike. I do it only for a few seconds, a bit crazy I know...........

Gerd

while living in Germany I regularly drove at that speed or above.

I once traveled from Aachen to Munich in a little under 5 hours (not accounting the re-fueling break).

A distance of roundabout 700++ KM.

In Th, when the motorway to Pattaya was still in his early stage with little traffic, I did some

segments with 200K, The Ram-Intra second stage expressway is also a nice place to go fast

unfortunately my current car top's out at about 190Km.

Did a few test runs on a frontage road with my old CB750 at 200KM, thrilling experience, not

for sissies..... and will not do it anymore, getting to old for this Sh..t, on a motorbike that is.

In the 70's, the church youth bus I was chaperoning broke down on a Michigan expressway. A friendly highway police patrolman gave me a ride to the next town (about 10 miles up the road) to call for help. As soon as we were out of sight of the bus, he said with a glint in his eye "Let's blow the carbon outta this baby!" and stomped on the gas pedal. We hit 150. Yeah, at that speed, the landscape really does become a blur. And yeah, it was way back then I discovered cotton briefs are really the best-absorbing material. :o

Last time you drove 200 Kms/hour (124.2742384474 miles/hour)...was when and where ?

Today it was beautiful dry and sunny weather on a smooth and very quiet Autobahn in Germany and I touched the 200 Km/hour, just for a very short while. :o

She's a well kept and in top condition Mercedes Benz, 2-door 300CE Coupe, built in 1989 and newly bought by my late Father. She has just 130.000 original kms on the ''clock'', which I reached this week; that's a mere 6,666 kms/year since she was built.

I had to drive to the airport in Dusseldorf to pick up my wife so I couldn't resist and wanted to see if Granny had any problems with high speeds; Granny didn't mind and in fact was spinning, full of joy. She didn't go out for a long drive for many years, that's why :D

Germany is one of the last places on Earth one can reach high speeds for a short while (on quiet tracks) :D

Did anyone here ever drove at high speeds in Thailand...let's say over 150 kms/hr ? If so, where ?

LaoPo

300kph, suzuki hayabusa,.rayong pattaya ! ( at night ).in a car 180 ,it wouldnt go any faster :D

Hi :o

Fastest speed (in a car) in Thailand was close to 180 km/h, around 6 AM on a Sunday on the elevated tollway going towards Don Mueang airport to pick up my boyfriend. The road was completely empty and i just wanted to finally know how fast my Volvo can actually go - it topped out at that speed.

Fastest on a bike in Thailand was 183 km/h according to a digital speedo (touching 200 according to the original one) on my bored-up RXZ (150cc two-stroke) around 7 AM going towards Lad Phrao on that road (can't remember it's name even though i pass it twice daily) between the end of Ekkamai and Lad Phrao. The bike could have gone faster but i got traffic ahead of me.

Fastest on the Autobahn (i'm German) with a car was with my ex-BF's heavily modified Ford Granada station wagon (Corvette engine and various other modifications), i hit that car's top speed of about 260 km/h. At that time i didn't even have a driver's license for cars, only for motorbikes! (and when i finally made the license, my driving teacher was wondering if i'm a natural talent or if i have some sort of illegal experience - i didn't tell him that i had close to 15,000 kilometers already).

Fastest on a bike on the Autobahn was close to 280 km/h with a souped-up Kawasaki GPZ 900 Turbo. I worked in the bike shop and had changed the steering bearings, then my boss told me to take it up to top speed and see if it goes straight without being shaky. My license was restricted to 34 horse powers, i told my boss so - and he just said "but you CAN ride, so go and ride it". It's scary, i don't like to go THAT fast on a bike, specially if it's not mine and i don't know it's characteristics inside-out.

Best regards.....

Thanh

About 1995, over 300 kph in a Nascar test car with a driver by the name of Richard Petty at Talledega during a practice run on his farewell tour. I like speed but that was a bit terrifying. Gave me a whole new appreciation of racing though....

Fastest speed (in a car) in Thailand was close to 180 km/h, around 6 AM on a Sunday on the elevated tollway going towards Don Mueang airport to pick up my boyfriend. The road was completely empty and i just wanted to finally know how fast my Volvo can actually go - it topped out at that speed.

Fastest on a bike in Thailand was 183 km/h according to a digital speedo (touching 200 according to the original one) on my bored-up RXZ (150cc two-stroke) around 7 AM going towards Lad Phrao on that road (can't remember it's name even though i pass it twice daily) between the end of Ekkamai and Lad Phrao. The bike could have gone faster but i got traffic ahead of me.

Fastest on the Autobahn (i'm German) with a car was with my ex-BF's heavily modified Ford Granada station wagon (Corvette engine and various other modifications), i hit that car's top speed of about 260 km/h. At that time i didn't even have a driver's license for cars, only for motorbikes! (and when i finally made the license, my driving teacher was wondering if i'm a natural talent or if i have some sort of illegal experience - i didn't tell him that i had close to 15,000 kilometers already).

Fastest on a bike on the Autobahn was close to 280 km/h with a souped-up Kawasaki GPZ 900 Turbo. I worked in the bike shop and had changed the steering bearings, then my boss told me to take it up to top speed and see if it goes straight without being shaky. My license was restricted to 34 horse powers, i told my boss so - and he just said "but you CAN ride, so go and ride it". It's scary, i don't like to go THAT fast on a bike, specially if it's not mine and i don't know it's characteristics inside-out.

Best regards.....

Thanh

210 kms/hr....2006 Honda Civic 2L....Bangkok - Chonburi over-head expressway...the overdrive in the civic was hooped shortly after that...oh...had a little tail wind as well....its really not that fast....been fater in a BIG V8....but not in Thailand...

Best regards.....

Thanh

210 kms/hr....2006 Honda Civic 2L....Bangkok - Chonburi over-head expressway...the overdrive in the civic was hooped shortly after that...oh...had a little tail wind as well....its really not that fast....been fater in a BIG V8....but not in Thailand...

opps...faster...hahahaha

LaoPo

Drove from Düsseldorf to Munich in a lexus 300 and touched 235klms till my ex told me i was crazy maybe that's why she is my ex

Six years ago on Honda ST1100 I did 120 mph traveling the 126 going into Ventura, California. Off work at 11 pm and as usual followed the fastest car on the highway to make time. That night I pulled in behind a 60's muscle car doing 80 mph. Not sure why but he bumped it up in 10 mph jumps till we were doing 120 mph but he went no faster. I still had some left and wanted to blow by him but decided it might be better to take the next exit before I did something stupid. At those speeds things are happening way to fast.

After that night, because of the increase frequency of riding that fast, I decided to sell the motorcycle before I became a smear on the road. I sure do miss it though.

Done about 130 MPH in my mondeo up north in England once.

It was kinda cool.

On the autobahn about 130 MPH in a MK1 Golf GTI a few times. Then the engine a gasket! Another story entirely... :o

Nice to belt along the motorways in the wee hours of the morning. Done airport runs many a time and at 120+ mph (not a lot of + mind :D ) in an 8 year old Mondeo.

It's Okwhen you know where the speed cameras are :D

285-290 quite often on an autobahn section with extremely low traffic near my home. never tried to go any faster although the power was there. those were the days! spent a few days in Germany recently to attend a class reunion, rented a car but got a bit scared and slowed down after driving 230 :o

Can’t believe that this thread has't been crashed by the ‘holier than thou’ crowd yet....

A couple of years ago: 232 kph – in an Alfa – Bang-Na Elevated expressway while very quiet – Passed 5 police men testing their speed camera, got quite a stunned look from four of them while the fifth tried to swing the camera round as I drove past. I assume the speed camera was in its testing phase as I never got caught.

More recently: 210 kph +/- in Range Rover - Bang-Na Elevated expressway again while very quiet, no police this time, fuel gauge falling rather rapidly.

Well, the ones who ride faster than 200 in Thailand are quite brave in my eyes....I would never dare...not in a car nor motor bike....too bloody dangerous.

What, if an elephant crosses the road ? :o

LaoPo :D