At Least 19 Dead In Bus Accident Carrying University Students

sriracha john

Very tragic accident, to anyone who doesn't know that stretch of road, it is a dangerous road with steep gradients, it would be an accident prone road in any country on Earth.

If this had happened on a mountain road in Switzerland it would be seen as a Tragic accident, cos it happens in Thailand certain posters use it as a platform for slagging off Thai people.

Those posters who are using this tragic accident as a way to belittle Thai people and Thailand in general, really ought to take a good long look at themselves.

My little sis is in Techno school in Khon Kaen and thankfully she came home for the weekend.

RIP to those that died in this tragic acident.

Deserved critisim of the absoulute lunacy shown by Thai drivers should act as a catalyst for action. Not the action you take by assuming your role as a wannabe Thai appologist. Havent you ever noticed the absoultley lunatic way that many Thais drive. Take off your flip flops and see the reality. If Thais were bold enough to condem what is obviously lunacy then more Thai lives would be saved.

Very tragic accident, to anyone who doesn't know that stretch of road, it is a dangerous road with steep gradients, it would be an accident prone road in any country on Earth.

If this had happened on a mountain road in Switzerland it would be seen as a Tragic accident, cos it happens in Thailand certain posters use it as a platform for slagging off Thai people.

Those posters who are using this tragic accident as a way to belittle Thai people and Thailand in general, really ought to take a good long look at themselves.

My little sis is in Techno school in Khon Kaen and thankfully she came home for the weekend.

RIP to those that died in this tragic acident.

THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD REQUIRE EVERY BUS TO HAVE POSTED THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF THE BUS COMPANY, THE HIGHWAY POLICE AND THE ROYAL THAI POLICE, ALONG WITH A MESSAGE THAT PASSENGERS SHOULD INFORM SUCH WHEN A BUS DRIVER IS PUTTING THEIR LIVES AT RISK OR THEY SUSPECT THE BUS MECHANICAL CONDITION IS UNSAFE.

Don't use caps. It is considered rude on the internet.

In fairness to the driver, as much as he's being slammed in here, i drove that route twice this weekend and I saw the bus twice, there is a sign with the indicated escape road for buses and trucks to slow them down in case their brakes fail, and he drove up it like he should have. He did a better job than driving it off the mountain, into a tree, into a wall, or into someone / something else.

So he was awake and aware enough to take the emergency exit (it was the only one on the whole route that I saw), however the bus itself should be in question, why did the brakes fail. Even though these buses 'appear' new from their paint scheme, they are really very very old. like 1980's with a new paint job, if you look at the roof which is usually not painted, it's all rusted up.

Anyway, from driving past it, it really does look like he went up it, then the buss rolled down sideways since the poorly constructed emergency exit is actually flat for the first 10, then banks right for the rest which would have caused any vehicle to flip (as the photos above show). The roads agency should also be looked at for it.

In fairness to the driver, as much as he's being slammed in here, i drove that route twice this weekend and I saw the bus twice, there is a sign with the indicated escape road for buses and trucks to slow them down in case their brakes fail, and he drove up it like he should have. He did a better job than driving it off the mountain, into a tree, into a wall, or into someone / something else.

So he was awake and aware enough to take the emergency exit (it was the only one on the whole route that I saw), however the bus itself should be in question, why did the brakes fail. Even though these buses 'appear' new from their paint scheme, they are really very very old. like 1980's with a new paint job, if you look at the roof which is usually not painted, it's all rusted up.

Anyway, from driving past it, it really does look like he went up it, then the buss rolled down sideways since the poorly constructed emergency exit is actually flat for the first 10, then banks right for the rest which would have caused any vehicle to flip (as the photos above show). The roads agency should also be looked at for it.

Thanks foxxx for some perspective.